Whats this about

let’s be honest Lumberton won when  Babin was there and made the playoffs in 5a, we dropped down and he made the playoffs in 4A. Then the best football group comes up as soph  in a 3 year span who are really good athletes and they dominate. It’s not like Lumberton program was in bad shape when coach Reyes came in, Babin did a pretty good job reyes just runs a better offense that suits his personnel that he has right now. 

2 minutes ago, Lumbertonraider17 said:

let’s be honest Lumberton won win Babin was there and made the playoffs in 5a, we dropped down and he made the playoffs in 4A. Then the best football group comes up as soph  in a 3 year span who are really good athletes and they dominate. It’s not like Lumberton program was in bad shape when coach Reyes came in, Babin did a pretty good job reyes just runs a better offense that suits his personnel that he has right now. 

Couldn't have said it better myself.

11 minutes ago, Lumbertonraider17 said:

let’s be honest Lumberton won when  Babin was there and made the playoffs in 5a, we dropped down and he made the playoffs in 4A. Then the best football group comes up as soph  in a 3 year span who are really good athletes and they dominate. It’s not like Lumberton program was in bad shape when coach Reyes came in, Babin did a pretty good job reyes just runs a better offense that suits his personnel that he has right now. 

HJ and Liberty currently compete in all sports from junior high up to varsity against Liberty, Huffman, Livingston, Splendora and Hamshire-Fannett. Football is the only district that doesn't look like that. 

So to me if there's no rule against it and they choose to move up, let it be. 

10 minutes ago, AshlyHasBeen said:

HJ and Liberty currently compete in all sports from junior high up to varsity against Liberty, Huffman, Livingston, Splendora and Hamshire-Fannett. Football is the only district that doesn't look like that. 

I agree but what's to gain? besides thinking it will be easier opponents which it won't necessarily be...

2 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Hj and Liberty wouldn't compete anyways. Lumberton LCM and Vidor have been in the top 3 the last several years. Those teams are not going to beat them. The only chance they would have is against is 2-8 Livingston

Livingston and huffman beat hj and Liberty easily. Literally I don't understand the gain. Usually you hear for travel purposes but thats clearly not an issue

17 minutes ago, AshlyHasBeen said:

17 minutes ago, AshlyHasBeen said:

It may not be that big of a deal in this certain situation, but could be opening up a can of worms for teams to take advantage of it in the future that could be the difference in a district or state championship or not by opting up.

3 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

I agree but what's to gain? besides thinking it will be easier opponents which it won't necessarily be...

Makes scheduling a little easier. You can line up things for varsity down to junior high.

It's also nice to compete against teams in middle school/junior high all the way up. My middle school district was Groves, Port Neches, Woodrow Wilson (Lincoln), West Orange, Bridge City, Little Cypress, Mauriceville. We moved up to 5A, but when we dropped back down my junior year that's who we played again. 

I don't have a strong opinion or another, but the UIL has allowed this to happen in the past. Until they stop opt-ups for any reason, this will happen. 

21 minutes ago, AshlyHasBeen said:

just because you work at HJ doesn’t mean you are right lol, it’s a uil thing it’s a div 1 and div 2 thing. Seems like a soft move out of bass’s play book if you ask me or whatever playbook they have 

1 minute ago, AshlyHasBeen said:

Makes scheduling a little easier. You can line up things for varsity down to junior high.

It's also nice to compete against teams in middle school/junior high all the way up. My middle school district was Groves, Port Neches, Woodrow Wilson (Lincoln), West Orange, Bridge City, Little Cypress, Mauriceville. We moved up to 5A, but when we dropped back down my junior year that's who we played again. 

I don't have a strong opinion or another, but the UIL has allowed this to happen in the past. Until they stop opt-ups for any reason, this will happen. 

Why do they not play in a Middle School district with their current district if that’s an issue? That seems like it would be an easily fixed schedule change versus petitioning the UIL to allow them to opt up?

7 minutes ago, Lumbertonraider17 said:

just because you work at HJ doesn’t mean you are right lol, it’s a uil thing it’s a div 1 and div 2 thing. Seems like a soft move out of bass’s play book if you ask me or whatever playbook they have 

Where I work has nothing to do with this, and I didn't think this was a right or wrong situation. It doesn't affect me in anyway. Schools across the state have opted up for years. 

I'm called biased for my PNG background and now HJ lol. My parents went to TJ. Grandparents to Hemphill and Orange. So let's throw some more in there haha. We'll leave out the cousins a HF, Bridge City, etc. 

22 minutes ago, AshlyHasBeen said:

Only Huffman and Livingston would be in that football district if they chose to opt up. Splendora is going 5A and Hamshire-Fannett is in the 4A DII football district with those two teams.

If they stay in the same other sports districts in this next realignment, they wouldn't be with Bridge City, LC-M, Lumberton and Vidor. They would still have to schedule different middle schools and sub varsity for other sports.

6 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Only Huffman and Livingston would be in that football district if they chose to opt up. Splendora is going 5A and Hamshire-Fannett is in the 4A DII football district with those two teams.

If they stay in the same other sports districts in this next realignment, they wouldn't be with Bridge City, LC-M, Lumberton and Vidor. They would still have to schedule different middle schools and sub varsity for other sports.

Wasn't aware the middle school districts were decided on yet. That's usually decided later. I was just going on what it is currently.

Liberty would likely opt up with HJ. So HJ, Liberty, Huffman and Livingston would stay together like middle school. HF also currently plays in the middle school district with those four. 

2 minutes ago, AshlyHasBeen said:

Wasn't aware the middle school districts were decided on yet. That's usually decided later. I was just going on what it is currently. 

I understand.

The realignment may change things but a school has to decide to opt up before the realignment.

I just don't see with Splendora and Bridge City moving up, that there is much difference in the scheduling that would help those two schools. Also, Shepherd will be moving up to 4A DII and will likely replace BC in this football district but will likely be in the basketball, baseball district with Huffman, Livingston, HJ and the rest like they were before they moved down a few years ago.

But, until UIL changes how a school can opt up, it's there for the taking.