Jasper (41) @ West Orange-Stark (38) - FINAL

jdawg03

Looking from the outside in, anyone close to football saw that there was going to be little drop off at wos regardless who was on the sideline. From a mystique standpoint the “mustang in your head” factor was put to rest for Silsbee in November 2018 during a thunderstorm in New Caney. Things cycle for most teams you guys just have not been used to it. 

14 minutes ago, Tiger90 said:

Looking from the outside in, anyone close to football saw that there was going to be little drop off at wos regardless who was on the sideline. From a mystique standpoint the “mustang in your head” factor was put to rest for Silsbee in November 2018 during a thunderstorm in New Caney. Things cycle for most teams you guys just have not been used to it. 

This is true. But the "little drop off" would've been lessened by now. By a staff of experienced personnel with ties to the program. 

Congratulations to Jasper on the win. They made an excellent hire when they had the opportunity.

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

My wife and her whole family graduated from there.  My office is in the district and I pay taxes there. So I have more connections to the stangs than you do to your handle, “Aggies”AreWe.  Any more questions I can help you with sport?

Was just curious. No need to be so condescending.

Only knew that you were an Orangefield guy. Now I know.

Carry on, "sport".

58 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I have not ruled out the possibility of entering the race. Most likely just be out there supporting a candidate that has the best chance. And also doing more to make sure the undesired are removed. I'm not opposed to running a smear campaign.

That's basically how they treated the program. They have the Charmin touch. No... Charmin actually works. This is more like the gas station TP that we've all been forced to endure from time to time. The analogy is that when one chooses to stop at a gas station not named Buc-ees. It is typically because of the unusual time and possibly unexpected nature of the task at hand. One would also know the difficulty in the road ahead if not for the stop to make... change?

It's time right? We need a new brand here now.

Someone needs to get in there that cares about the program!

1 minute ago, TxHoops said:

Nice try.  “Us?” would be curiosity. “Us???” is you thought you knew something.  😂🤣 

My apologies for the improper grammar.

I honestly was curious. I have never seen you use the word "us" or "we" on here when discussing WO-S. Was just a little odd to me but you have enlightened me.

My mistake.

I guess those guys with “ties to the program” will suddenly become winners once they take the reins at WOS…. Because they can’t seem to string wins together anywhere else. 

It’s like this… one thing has been constant at WOS for decades. One thing the community has BADLY mistaken is that the athletes haven’t been uniformly awesome for all of those years… the coaching was.  And I hate to point out the obvious, but the current coach isn’t doing a bad job…. He’s actually a decent coach and his teams have performed well against top ranked competition. But now you’ve had a two-year decline in preparation at the varsity level, but it’s been a break at lower levels, too. Kids have lost two years of development from the 7th grade on up. 

It’s simple, really. If WOS wants to resume being the “winningest program in Texas,” all they have to do is hire a hall of fame level coach. But it’s not going to be easy considering that they only got a baker’s dozen of burnouts to pick from before the hired the current coach and the program fell off to where it is today.

And y’all need to figure out who’s going to buy out a super AND a coach…. It’s not cheap.  

28 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I guess those guys with “ties to the program” will suddenly become winners once they take the reins at WOS…. Because they can’t seem to string wins together anywhere else. 

My opinion on that is they need the athletes and community support required. They would have no problem winning here. Maybe not breaking records but much better odds than coming in and changing everything that had worked.

30 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

And y’all need to figure out who’s going to buy out a super AND a coach…. It’s not cheap.  

Super can stay in his office and off the sideline. The coach can resign. There are other rumors as well. He did wall over to talk to Jasper staff again after the post game interview. One can only hope... do they need a line coach?

1 hour ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Someone needs to get in there that cares about the program!

They were already there. This was all political. Some of them went along with it and one didn't even bother to vote. And we've seen the repercussions affect them already. A 20+ year member outed by a first time candidate.

16 hours ago, wo-s#1 said:

Everyone keeps saying that”all these people wanted T gone,like bunching the whole community into that…the people who signed the petition are not on here complaining!At least that I know of…I didn’t sign it because I know him pretty dang good and know what the whole situation was about and it was all over 1 kid who got kicked off the team for the 3rd time.Part of it is on coach T though for letting him back the first time,I’ve seen several kicked off and never got a chance again 

So you're saying this program is in shambles over 1 kid... That was kicked off the team?!? That's even worse lol!!! 

2 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Maybe not breaking records but much better odds than coming in and changing everything that had worked.

Super can stay in his office and off the sideline. The coach can resign. 

I thought we’d see a slight decline in year one (maybe drop a district game) noticeable decline in year two (maybe a loss or two in district) and by year three post CT you’d be fielding an entire group that had never really played under him. Year three was when I thought it would start to really fall off… but in my mind, year three wouldn’t be as bad as the last two years have been already. If WOS goes a different direction (and I don’t think that they do… no time soon, anyways), it’ll be starting from scratch. It doesn’t matter if you run the 50 if the guy coaching it up can’t match the guy y’all used to have. I think the problem is still that WOS fans are still not realizing what made them great. It was a combo.. pretty good athletes, developed in a pretty good system, with great community support and an absolutely top notch HC. I’ll be the first to confirm that CT in Bridge City would have yielded a fair share of DCs, but I don’t know if we get any rings. But I also think that WOS would have little to no hardware to show for the last 25 years if not for CT and his player development, either. 

Help me understand… if the a man is a HC/AD and has the full support of his super, why would he resign to go be a line coach elsewhere?

I’ll bet HH gets extended before he gets run off. The super is gonna let y’all know that football doesn’t run WOS anymore. He couldn’t have done it before, but the community empowered him with their protests.