Jasper (41) @ West Orange-Stark (38) - FINAL

jdawg03

This is kinda of funny. All these people wanted coach T out and wanted a "certain type"of head coach because some people felt that CT was racist. Now that the program has got completely belly up, now everyone has a problem. You get what your ask for. 

When are people going to learn that you take advantage of what is given to you. You don't like him... So what!!! Use his knowledge to get that scholarship to the next level and quit being in your feelings. Now WOS is pretty much a shell of itself because everyone wants it to "feel good".

44 minutes ago, Hupernikomen said:

So many mistakes by both teams it shows that both have a lot of improving to do.  But what an exciting game regardless.  I don’t even know what to say about the refs. 

both teams played with a ton of heart and emotion. Jasper vs wo-s rarely disappoints.   

i hope wo-s gets everything clicking…the pieces are there for sure. 

No it's not!! Lack of coaching will continue to hunt them. That was a 3rd and 12 they gave up.why not give the corners help.and who runs the ball with 39 seconds and no time outs from the 6 yd line.or how abt in the 3rd qtr ur up 38-21.with the ball.and u do is call nothing but pass plays to stop clock.on 3 position.they could've just ran it and it would've ate up clock.i hate when kids are put in bad situations.if ur getting a check I thought u should at least show kids basic stuff.

57 minutes ago, KB24 said:

When are y’all going to stop saying that and look at the big picture. The coach is not the one out there playing the game. They call the plays and the players  execute them. There is more than one coach out there. So who need to go?  The coach didn’t get those penalties or missed those blocks, or  passes. It’s a team sport and a team effort. 

He ran great coaches off and replaced them with his buddies who should be coaching Pop Warner tomorrow morning.

The guy has no clock management skills, horrible in-game adjustments, and embarrassingly bad game decisions.   He’s cost his team the Jasper and Newton games.

Do you need any more examples?

1 hour ago, KB24 said:

When are y’all going to stop saying that and look at the big picture. The coach is not the one out there playing the game. They call the plays and the players  execute them. There is more than one coach out there. So who need to go?  The coach didn’t get those penalties or missed those blocks, or  passes. It’s a team sport and a team effort. 

Play calling has a lot to do with them looking like they do.. they beat their chest against lesser opponents & get exposed when the other team matches their athleticism.. kids gonna make mistakes but you have to put them in the best position to win also

I'm not here to pile on because if anyone knows what this is like for WOS, it's us. I was about to walk away from watching this when we looked like we were going to get smashed, but that didn't happen and we got it done when it mattered. Keep your heads up, Mustangs. Winning and losing goes in cycles for just about every team out there. 

47 minutes ago, 3rdone said:

This is kinda of funny. All these people wanted coach T out and wanted a "certain type"of head coach because some people felt that CT was racist. Now that the program has got completely belly up, now everyone has a problem. You get what your ask for. 

When are people going to learn that you take advantage of what is given to you. You don't like him... So what!!! Use his knowledge to get that scholarship to the next level and quit being in your feelings. Now WOS is pretty much a shell of itself because everyone wants it to "feel good".

Everyone keeps saying that”all these people wanted T gone,like bunching the whole community into that…the people who signed the petition are not on here complaining!At least that I know of…I didn’t sign it because I know him pretty dang good and know what the whole situation was about and it was all over 1 kid who got kicked off the team for the 3rd time.Part of it is on coach T though for letting him back the first time,I’ve seen several kicked off and never got a chance again 

35 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

West Orange Stark just doesn't have the talent..it isn't all on the coach. 

Was Silsbee getting spanked when he was the DC? Like I said on another thread he may very well be a good teacher but he’s not a good coach,numbers speak for themselves 

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Same 

I dont pick against my team even if it's obvious.

These coaches know. If they didn't hear it during the game because of the headsets. They heard it when they left. Maybe some of them walked out of DRH for the last time under the lights.

I've said this whole time. It's not over. The talent and athleticism has put us in position to win every game we've lost. OT with PNG. Shootout with Newton. Held Silsbee to the lowest score of the season. But couldn't score 1 point after half. OT with HF. These are all ranked teams. Jasper was ranked too early on. And we had the ball right there on the 2 yard line again. 

I've also never seen a staff sitting on the benches on the sideline before the 2nd half run out. Just enjoying the night and watching the dancers. 

"You know my kids we've done it all year long. You know we fought we fought we fought. It's just again tonight. We didn't make some plays. And we did make some errors probably on my side that hurt us as well. We got the big lead. We probably could've managed it a lil better. And we let the guys back in the game. It's just heartbreaking for me and it's really just heartbreaking for my kids.

I mean you've been covering this stuff for a long time. You've seen games like this before. When that momentum turns it turns. That 3rd quarter we had all the juice. We get to the 4th quarter and the momentum turned their way. We still got some stops. Still had some opportunities. You know it's just tough bro. 

That's been the story of the season for us. And trying to find a way. And all that comes back on me. I'm the head coach and all that comes back on me. And I gotta find a way to do that to get these things done. Get them taken care of."

Jasper       Wos

1st Downs           14           17

Total Yards          252         305

Pass                     155          167

Rush                      97           138

Penalties             9-77        9-80

1 minute ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I dont pick against my team even if it's obvious.

These coaches know. If they didn't hear it during the game because of the headsets. They heard it when they left. Maybe some of them walked out of DRH for the last time under the lights.

I've said this whole time. It's not over. The talent and athleticism has put us in position to win every game we've lost. OT with PNG. Shootout with Newton. Held Silsbee to the lowest score of the season. But couldn't score 1 point after half. OT with HF. These are all ranked teams. Jasper was ranked too early on. And we had the ball right there on the 2 yard line again. 

I've also never seen a staff sitting on the benches on the sideline before the 2nd half run out. Just enjoying the night and watching the dancers. 

"You know my kids we've done it all year long. You know we fought we fought we fought. It's just again tonight. We didn't make some plays. And we did make some errors probably on my side that hurt us as well. We got the big lead. We probably could've managed it a lil better. And we let the guys back in the game. It's just heartbreaking for me and it's really just heartbreaking for my kids.

I mean you've been covering this stuff for a long time. You've seen games like this before. When that momentum turns it turns. That 3rd quarter we had all the juice. We get to the 4th quarter and the momentum turned their way. We still got some stops. Still had some opportunities. You know it's just tough bro. 

That's been the story of the season for us. And trying to find a way. And all that comes back on me. I'm the head coach and all that comes back on me. And I gotta find a way to do that to get these things done. Get them taken care of."

Jasper       Wos

1st Downs           14           17

Total Yards          252         305

Pass                     155          167

Rush                      97           138

Penalties             9-77        9-80

I feel ya man. Believe me. 

2 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

West Orange Stark just doesn't have the talent..it isn't all on the coach. 

look at Carthage before Lord of the Rings got there. Prior to his arrival one early nineties state title appearance.

He shows up and they begin rewriting the records/history books. Same type of talent and skill players.

7 hours ago, wo-s#1 said:

Everyone keeps saying that”all these people wanted T gone,like bunching the whole community into that…the people who signed the petition are not on here complaining!At least that I know of…I didn’t sign it because I know him pretty dang good and know what the whole situation was about and it was all over 1 kid who got kicked off the team for the 3rd time.Part of it is on coach T though for letting him back the first time,I’ve seen several kicked off and never got a chance again 

Exactly! Ain't no petition signers here!