Snapshot Day

AggiesAreWe

18 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

But why is it called an Issue?  And I’ve seen some people refer to it as ‘unwanted growth’.  I definitely can read between the lines.  But my rebuttal is anytime your town grows, it’s great for the local economy.  And anytime your town grows this fast, that’s even better.  

It is an "issue" because the district is "unable" to keep up with the growth. The growth has placed an unsustainable burden on the school district. It is not "great for the local economy" because there is very little tax revenue. There are no "lines" to be read between.

Teachers do not have classrooms and rotate throughout the school for each period while other teachers are on conference. Students eat lunch on the floor because there is not enough room for tables and chairs in the cafeteria. Admin/teachers cannot manage the students safely because of the overcrowding. How much do you want know? There is a lot more.   

40 minutes ago, KF89 said:

L-Train people have been saying this for the last 10 to 12 years, i assume these families with all these younger children move out of Lumberton ISD after 8th grade?

1. And every year the threshold changes.... 

2. Are you considering private school enrollment?

3. What exactly are you saying???

2 hours ago, Unbelievableee said:

Not with the numbers they turned in. But they should be 5a. No way they only gained 20 kids in the last two years. Lumberton is growing like CRAZY

Are you thinking they pulled a Livingston from a few years ago? 😂 

I don't think any ISD is doing that kind of mix up again.