LCM at West Orange Stark

BattlinBear02

Who wins?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/02/2023 at 12:00 AM

13 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

I agree with you on scrimmaging only. However, the rivalry does exist. First kin folk are jawing talking back and forth just like we are doing on this thread. Then it is about the transfers, why I cannot figure that one out. Go to the school that fits your needs and good luck to you when you get there. Then, it is about winning, pride and bragging rights (Facts).

It really is tough to call it a true "rivalry" when it has been so lopsided in WOS favor...since what, 1983 I believe, LCM has won twice lol

43 minutes ago, Bring back the 50 defense said:

All I know is wos better come down from giving up 34 pts a game to around 15 or 20. 

This. WOS it appears has forgotten how to play defense. The old CT saying “if you give them an inch they’ll expect a first down.” Seems to have gone by the wayside 

20 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

I guess you've missed the memo. When good players come over to lcm from wos for potentially a better opportunity the coach doesn't sign their papers if they're a starter or quality player.

It's simple.  Transfer the right way without any shady business and you get cleared.  That's such a tired complaint. 

This game will be simple too.  WOS has a couple playmakers, LCM doesn't have any.  WOS kids expect to win, LCM kids don't and typically go over there terrified.  For LCM to have any shot, Peevey has to be as good as he says he is and Hickman has to be as bad as the WOS people say he is.  Both feelings are ultra exaggerated.  Mustangs win big!

Didn’t a former LCM head football coach named Todd Moody try to get out of that Orange Bowl game one time many years ago. He didn’t last long. However , LCM has played some good ball over the last few years. WOS regardless of last season is historically great in football. What a great win last week to come from behind against Nederland. This game should be fun and entertaining. You never know what can happen in a rivalry game. Orangefield had won the Bayou Bowl for a few years in a row, and this past Friday night the Cardinals played excellent defense shutting down the slot T and got that victory. Both stands were completely full. People love these type of games, and WOS vs LCM is a staple game on the schedule for fans each year. I’m picking WOS to win, but expect a close game.