West Orange-Stark (21) @ Hamshire-Fannett (26) - FINAL

jdawg03

24 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Speaking of Bands….How’s the Band doing? Surely there’s no squabbling there. 

Doing great. Sounds good from the March in to the school song. Wish we could play the fight song a few more times per game.

For those interested, UIL marching contest is next Saturday Oct 15. Here's the schedule that's posted in the band forum.

16 hours ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

So you're saying a 1-2 team can't make it to state? Gotcha. 

I never thought I'd see the day when mustang fan would turn out to be a whiner and a quitter. Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves.

Its a tough district. Should prepare you for the playoffs. Quit living in the past and focus on the task at hand -this season. Because it's the only season that counts. 

That is the most off the mark comment on this thread. Sounds like someone from a program just happy to make the playoffs every once in a while and has NO clue how the Mustang program is run.

19 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Until I see otherwise, I assume west orange will bounce back next year. 

I think the decline will get worse.   The discipline, toughness, conditioning, will all further decline as the years go by.

It was gonna be hard to replace CT with just anyone.   It was gonna take an extensive, open-minded, state wide search for the best. They didn’t do that, and they will continue to pay the consequences.

2 hours ago, MackLewis said:

I think the decline will get worse.   The discipline, toughness, conditioning, will all further decline as the years go by.

It was gonna be hard to replace CT with just anyone.   It was gonna take an extensive, open-minded, state wide search for the best. They didn’t do that, and they will continue to pay the consequences.

Yep….An the best would have came if given the opportunity.

On 10/8/2022 at 1:14 PM, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

They lost those games in pre district not in district. Silsbee i could see but some of those other ones.😬

HF is a whoooole lot better the last two seasons than they’ve been in years past.  Last year WOS beat them 24-8 after a couple of decades of beating them by 30-40 points.  HF has taken another step forward this year, IMO.  Silsbee has taken a big step forward.  WOS has been awesome in district over the years, no doubt about it, but this is the best district WOS has been in for as long as I can remember.   For years and years traditionally the only real threat to them in district was Silsbee.  And while they beat them in district consistently, we’re only a few years removed from Silsbee knocking them out of the playoffs two years in a row.  WOS has played possibly the toughest schedule of any 4A team in the state to this point.   Combine that with new schemes, and they’ve struggled.  There are some valid concerns with the coaching, I get it.  But I don’t think it’s a guarantee that they wouldn’t have 2-3 losses at the point if they had the same staff as last year.  With the exception of HF, all the teams that have beaten them this year have also beat them at times over the last several years as well.  

3 hours ago, MackLewis said:

Thank you macklewis !! Glad u can see.

On 10/8/2022 at 5:37 AM, marshman said:

As long as the current superintendent is there that’s not gonna happen. 

I'm not so sure. With the shenanigans he pulled making this hire, it wouldn't surprise me if he were to put Hick on the chopping block to try and save face. This is the type of thing that sticks with you, even when you move on. 

5 hours ago, MackLewis said:

Right on the money.

7 hours ago, MackLewis said:

HmmmMhmm

13 hours ago, Gasilla said:

I'm not so sure. With the shenanigans he pulled making this hire, it wouldn't surprise me if he were to put Hick on the chopping block to try and save face. This is the type of thing that sticks with you, even when you move on. 

That’s a good point that I hadn’t thought about.  Definitely a possibility.

6 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

IF! The Blue&Silver win it doesn't and/or won't take from the fact that Jasper has a bright young Coach.

Top 40 under 40 

I believe he is a bright young coach.and I think jasper got that one right.ive watched a couple of jasper games.and even when there offense was struggling they still could get the plays in and out.and I think he has adjusted to what them kids can and can't do.to be honest if jasper just do the little things they should win.it will be week 9 and w.o still hasn't figured it out on defense.kids are still confused.they can get away with against less talented teams.but,not against jasper.and they give jasper abt 10 or 12 penalties.i truly believe these kids are losing confidence.no leadership or discipline.frustrating to watch.bcz,they do have enough talent to win.