West Orange-Stark (21) @ Newton (24) - FINAL

jdawg03

18 minutes ago, WOS2002 said:

This is what happens when you run the caliber of coach we had straight outta town. There's no passion, zero fire on the sideline. The crowd seemingly is already resigned as well. Everyone in the stadium knows we're screwed with this coaching staff, and that includes the players. 

Some people let outside noise get the better of them and forget about the 20+ years of accomplishments. Part of me is glad they're eating crow

9 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

There's no wonder I know. We have alumni coaches in other places too. Not even considered. None wanted to apply to a situation like we have here now

I wonder if that's why Bevil is over here in Port Arthur......... 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I wonder if that's why Bevil is over here in Port Arthur......... 

2 minutes ago, WALLYtheBEAR said:

Yes, Roy Locks is on his staff. WO-S Class of 1998. Stud DE in High School. Stand up guy, known him for 30+ years and I'd give the guy the shirt off my back. 

yelp and yelp 

9 minutes ago, Cherokee88 said:

Man rough stretch for the Mustangs, is this the end of them dominating the 4A level locally? Silsbee/Jasper/HF/LCM all seem like formidable opponents moving forward. 

LCM isn’t In that district. 

i like Silsbee for the dc and a tossup between WOS Jasper for 2-3 with HF sliding into the fourth spot. 

Just a friendly reminder:

Site rule:

18 ) The bashing of any particular coach, player, referee, etc will not be tolerated. This includes issues involving their personal lives, coaching/playing style or performance, past experiences, etc.

It's starting to be an issue. Let's slow the roll please.

Great game Newton. Reached back and pulled it out when it had to be done. If you consider the free fumble Newton gave Wos on their 28 this game wouldn't have been close. Also the 2 dropped passes by Newton receiver's. That # 6 from Newton is a beast. When yards needed give to # 6.. He will deliver.  Playing both sides of the ball and delivering every game when it counts. DA Man !!!! #6

1 hour ago, OleMoe said:

Great game Newton. Reached back and pulled it out when it had to be done. If you consider the free fumble Newton gave Wos on their 28 this game wouldn't have been close. Also the 2 dropped passes by Newton receiver's. That # 6 from Newton is a beast. When yards needed give to # 6.. He will deliver.  Playing both sides of the ball and delivering every game when it counts. DA Man !!!! #6

Truly inspiring to the home town fans, and yes it was actually on the 17 , and then the dropped pic into the hands of WOS WR for 51 yard td on 3rd and long , Newton basically spotted WOS 14 with those to plays 

1 hour ago, OleMoe said:

#6 is a Foster right? It's like I said recently each and everyone of the Foster young men to play for Newton is the best player on the team or for certain top 3 when they graduate.

3 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

When does Toby start ?

3 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

They wanted change and that's what they got

Yep.  I’ve laughed for years at Mustang fans complaining about their coaching. They had a chance but wanted a new direction.  That’s what they got. 

Toby is gone now, but at least my guy is out there living his best life. 

WOS can still win a district championship. The past is the past. In all, they have lost to two good teams.  Loosing to good teams doesn’t mean you’re not good when it comes to WOS. It is getting them better and more hungry hopefully. Newton went 1-3 to start the season back in 14’ I think and then made it to the state championship. The outsiders thought Newton was bad, but they lost to good teams that made them better helped them play 16 games that year. 

From a buddy of mine’s post on Facebook:

”We get it, We get it, some of yall Team Hick, some are not, and that's fine, but he's our coach, so live with it, it won't be no coaching change anytime soon, I promise you that, so squash that chatter, Cornell aint walking back through those field house doors. And for those of you who are Team Hick, stop being so defensive, and ridiculing ppl cause they not happy about what they're witnessing. And stop acting like these same mofos ain't bash Cornell ass too after every loss, lol, they even bashed Dan Ray from time to time, hell it comes with the job. When ur the Head Coach of the Highest Winning Percentage Program in the State of Texas, the expectations are a lil different. Gotta have thick skin to hold that position. Hell I witnessed Cornell kids & wife come to his defense numerous times and take on all of Orange Facebook, so the new guy exempt from criticism why again? 🤔 And please stop trynna make it a black & white thang, yall sound ridiculous. 🤦🏾‍♂️ With that said, give the man a fair shot just like yall gave the other coaches. There will be growing pains, for sure, but I think he will right this ship, I sure as hell hope so. #MUSTANGS”

Well said Dime.  Well said.