2022 team previews?

wbfan

7 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

I read on a thread recently that since Grad is in heaven & AAW retired that previews were an unknown at the time being.  Someone willing & capable is gonna have to step up to the plate.

Exactly... Seeing @KF89 step up for baseball season makes me wish I had more time to do the same.

Maybe those of us who can, should attempt to do our own school.

I'll reach out to our new staff and put together a preview for my WOS Mustangs next week. It's worth a try.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/22/2022 at 3:49 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

With @BMTSoulja1 having an abundance of free time I volunteer him to take on this project, specifically the small school side since he is the Small School Guru of this site. 

I'm retired so I'm out of it. 😁

He’d make a great replacement.  Has knowledge of area traditions.  Probably knows a lot of Coaches.  Loves the game, and is completely unbiased.   Well…………maybe stretching that a bit, lol.  
😂😂😂🤣🤣👽🤣🤣😂😂😂

3 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Cougar14.2 would be a great person to step up and do these previews. He has tons of FB knowledge and is passionate about analyzing teams. Or maybe split it up and let Cougar 14.2 do the large schools (4A, 5A. 6A) and let someone else (maybe RETIREDFAN1?) do the small ones (1A, 2A, 3A).    

@RETIREDFAN1  @Cougar14.2

3 hours ago, GoPro said:

Nederland has had 6-7 returning starters flat out quit or transfer to another school in the last two months, they are in trouble, makes you wonder what’s going on at the dog pound 🤔

Maybe they are finally realizing, oh, well, never mind!  But they have turf!  LOL!!

On 6/18/2022 at 9:46 AM, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

I would absolutely love to do something like that but my work performance struggles enough during football season. Writing previews would have me doing some much research that they wouldn't get much out of me in the Summer either. They pay me ok so I at least want to try to give the company something during the latter half of the year. 

I think a lot of folk, including me who took the previews for granted thru the years are about to realize how much work these guys put in. Anyhow as far West Orange-Stark goes according to some dude honeydew melon or some such it's over, all the good coaches are gone and it doesn't look good. This new coach although he's not started yet must not be any good. I will have to use my natural football savvy to navigate thru this for now.

On 6/17/2022 at 12:16 PM, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Looks good. I really liked the ones they had with the anchor and chain a few years back. I hope the stint of having no RBs ends this year, it's been a while since Vidor had some hard runners (since Leckelt , Humble , Maverick)

I wish they’d keep the gold anchor and chain on the helmets along with the side decals that they change on the side of the helmets periodically. I am with you, I really like the chain & anchor.