Jeffery Breaux named OF’s New AD

Gocats90

8 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

I here some people say Slot-T teams lack QBs and receivers so they have to stay in that style of offense. You'll never develop QBs and WRs if you don't pass the ball . It doesn't hurt to evolve as a team or at least try. Best of luck to the Bobcats

Glad Franklin has not "evolved as a team". 

On 1/19/2024 at 1:36 PM, setxathlete14 said:

Yes and assistant HC...And LCM will feel the pain from this loss. He carried ALOT of weight towards lcms success. You never heard alot other than people there and in the system. Peevys right hand man

Orangefield got the right guy. He brings intensity. With all due respect in my opinion an upgrade to Smalley. I am truly excited for my cross 

I don’t think it’s that big of a loss.  That system has been in place for 3 years now so shouldn’t be hard to continue with different style of Off leadership. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Not talking about Franklin, this is an Orangefield thread. 

So, which teams is it good to "evolve as a team"? by passing more? Maybe OF wants to "evolve as a team" like "Franklin "evolved as a team", Without passing more. 

21 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

So, which teams is it good to "evolve as a team"? by passing more? Maybe OF wants to "evolve as a team" like "Franklin "evolved as a team", Without passing more. 

Or............  maybe they don't give a rats  buttocks about Franklin, like me.

You don't see me getting angry about you not liking certain offenses but it really gets under your skin about what offenses I do or do not prefer. God gave us each our own  brain  so we could think for ourselves and  form our own ideals, a gift that should be appreciated and not taken for granted.  I was around your style of offensive play for about 15 years and at one time I loved it but now I don't. It's no big deal to me what you think.

2 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Or............  maybe they don't give a rats  buttocks about Franklin, like me.

You don't see me getting angry about you not liking certain offenses but it really gets under your skin about what offenses I do or do not prefer. God gave us each our own  brain  so we could think for ourselves and  form our own ideals, a gift that should be appreciated and not taken for granted.  I was around your style of offensive play for about 15 years and at one time I loved it but now I don't. It's no big deal to me what you think.

Defends his right to "think for himself and form his own ideals", does not like it when others "think for themselves and express their own ideals".

Really, just doesn't like it when someone points out the fallacy and inconsistency of their posts. 

On 1/19/2024 at 5:12 PM, setxathlete14 said:

Wrote down IN BOLD

I wish your son the best of luck in his new spread offense, but passing on Jenkins, who did what he did in Harmony in year 1, will be a legendary mistake in the coming years. Orangefield had a chance, but let the Little League Coaches of America get in the way of making a decision that could've advanced the program long term. They will reap what they've sown. 

On 1/19/2024 at 5:12 PM, setxathlete14 said:

Wrote down IN BOLD

I wish your son the best of luck in his new spread offense, but passing on Jenkins, who did what he did in Harmony in year 1, will be a legendary mistake in the coming years. Orangefield had a chance, but let the Little League Coaches of America get in the way of making a decision that could've advanced the program long term. They will reap what they've sown. 

10 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

I do agree with you on the job Jenkins did at Harmony but that doesn’t mean the new OF coach that they are hiring will not be successful. You could probably see Breaux sticking around OF longer than Jenkins. No reason to throw dirt on the grave of OF.

On 1/14/2024 at 10:59 AM, CardinalBacker said:

I’m not in touch with the program much anymore, but I didn’t do a lot of cheering. 

Everybody knows that BC athletes are far superior to those that OF produces in every way, but we also play in a much tougher district. I don’t expect Smallley to have any better results in BC than he did at OF. Who knows? We might even finish as a four seed sometimes. 

I mean… if your district is populated by Silsbee, Jasper, HF, and WOS (the old WOS, anyways) you’d want to hire somebody capable of elevating the program to point where you’d be competitive, right?

Or not. 

Spoken like a true typical BC resident. 

So Annoying

1 hour ago, 89Falcon said:

I do agree with you on the job Jenkins did at Harmony but that doesn’t mean the new OF coach that they are hiring will not be successful. You could probably see Breaux sticking around OF longer than Jenkins. No reason to throw dirt on the grave of OF.

Probably easier to achieve at gilmer harmony too. I'd say that's a decent pool of athletes they're consistently good mainly even before him

1 hour ago, 2wedge said:

IF they would have chosen Jenkins and IF he would have accepted and IF he would have had the same type success, how long do you think he would have stayed after leaving Harmony within two years? Don't know about the long term statement. 

1 hour ago, mat said:

IF they would have chosen Jenkins and IF he would have accepted and IF he would have had the same type success, how long do you think he would have stayed after leaving Harmony within two years? Don't know about the long term statement. 

I'd guess at least 4-5 years, he has a son who will be playing at Lamar and two other sons he would have brought with him - Not sure of their athletic ability. 

2 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

Probably easier to achieve at gilmer harmony too. I'd say that's a decent pool of athletes they're consistently good mainly even before him

There are absolutely and unequivocally “not” better athletes at Harmony.

18 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

There are absolutely and unequivocally “not” better athletes at Harmony.

This. Tell me you don't know anything about TXHSFB without telling me you don't know anything about TXHSFB. Just because "Gilmer" is attached to Harmony doesn't mean Gilmer Harmony = Gilmer. Setxathlete14, you just outed yourself as one who truly has no idea. 

• Bobcat1 changed the title to Jeffery Breaux named OF’s New AD