Jeffery Breaux named OF’s New AD

Gocats90

1 hour ago, QB1 said:

The kids that are in 8th, 9th, and 10th grade grew up throwing the ball, A LOT! We have QB development for several that go to private lessons and play 7 on 7. Of course the Slot T was sprinkled in there just to get them used to it, but they didn't start primarily running that until the 8th Grade. Even in 7th grade ball they threw it a lot. The pieces are there and not just for the next two or three years. They just need to be implemented or at least given an opportunity.

Maybe that's the problem. They should be running same stuff. I know peevy worked getting the same concepts for the kids all the way down to the peewee levels at lcm. That's important.

Pretty sure WOS has always ran similar systems all the way down too.

16 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

Maybe that's the problem. They should be running same stuff. I know peevy worked getting the same concepts for the kids all the way down to the peewee levels at lcm. That's important.

Pretty sure WOS has always ran similar systems all the way down too.

Wouldn't matter if they were teaching the same system all the way back to the cradle. None of the 3 necessary components exist: coaches, kids & community. All are middle of the road...

3 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Wouldn't matter if they were teaching the same system all the way back to the cradle. None of the 3 necessary components exist: coaches, kids & community. All are middle of the road...

Tell us how you really feel... 

19 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

The same applies for many schools in this area. Not just Orangefield...

To say nothing can change is shallow. Any school can change with good leadership which can improve student interest. Any school can have an unexpected or expected run of talent. May generate a state run but can improve enthusiasm. 

1 hour ago, mat said:

To say nothing can change is shallow. Any school can change with good leadership which can improve student interest. Any school can have an unexpected or expected run of talent. May generate a state run but can improve enthusiasm. 

You missed the beginning where @bullets13 said basically what offense brings them to the state championship. Then someone quipped about coaches and / or players. I never said “nothing can change”. The discussion was geared towards having a state championship team, however. Not being shallow. Just being honest with my opinions. 

On 1/13/2024 at 10:05 AM, navydawg31 said:

what school that runs the slot t won a ship this year? 

My mistake.. Franklin (Slot-T team) made the finals this year.. after winning two consecutive.  And Bellville (Slot-T team) made the state finals.. after running through the "best" that SeTx had to offer.

My mistake.  They only made the finals running the Slot-T.  That's terrible.

55 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

My mistake.. Franklin (Slot-T team) made the finals this year.. after winning two consecutive.  And Bellville (Slot-T team) made the state finals.. after running through the "best" that SeTx had to offer.

My mistake.  They only made the finals running the Slot-T.  That's terrible.

The “Best that SeTx” had to offer was PNG and they won a state championship… 

19 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

They going with the Harmony coach?

Going out on a limb here, but if the Harmony coach wants to come to Orangefield, they'd be insane not to give him the job. He has had a noted track record of success at each stop he has made and recently made a run to state. I cannot imagine there is another candidate on their list who is as credentialed as him. 

1 hour ago, 2wedge said:

Going out on a limb here, but if the Harmony coach wants to come to Orangefield, they'd be insane not to give him the job. He has had a noted track record of success at each stop he has made and recently made a run to state. I cannot imagine there is another candidate on their list who is as credentialed as him. 

Do you know who the finalist are? If not how can you say they haven't had success and been to state before?

1 hour ago, TheOutsider said:

Do you know who the finalist are? If not how can you say they haven't had success and been to state before?

@2wedge didn't state "they haven't had success and been to state before". You said that. He said in a supposition, "I cannot imagine there is another candidate on their list who is as credentialed as him. " It's his opinion, and he stated it as such. No harm, no foul. I'm sure his opinion is based on the assumption that the Orangefield AD/HC job isn't attracting droves of state finalist coaches. Sounds fair to me...

2 hours ago, 2wedge said:

Maybe personality traits and/or goals with ALL the sports come to play in the interviews

18 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

Maybe personality traits and/or goals with ALL the sports come to play in the interviews

Don't go with personality.  The all time winning'est coach in all of southeast Texas is overwhelmingly hated by his (home) community and the majority of coaching staffs and general public despise him, due to a poor personality.  But, if you care to win 4-5 games a year and everybody's happy, then go with personality. Ha!

6 minutes ago, LIBERTY82 said:

Don't go with personality.  The all time winning'est coach in all of southeast Texas is overwhelmingly hated by his (home) community and the majority of coaching staffs and general public despise him, due to a poor personality.  But, if you care to win 4-5 games a year and everybody's happy, then go with personality. Ha!

Orangefield isn't just about football. I think that's where the difference may lie.

11 minutes ago, LIBERTY82 said:

You're right I'm sure the opinion is weighed heavily on of someone who carries a school logo of whom hasn't won more than 5 games in how many years and opted up to face potentially "less competitive" schools. But what do I know ha..  

1 hour ago, setxathlete14 said:

LOL!!! All sports huh? Boy oh boy, this is shaping up to be an absolute disaster in Orangefield. I've never understood the rationale of hiring a HFC and AD who wasn't a high level football guy just becuase he might throw the softball team a bone. His primary job is HFC. Let him go 0-10 for three years, while making the playoffs in all other sports, and see how quickly he gets run off. If Jenkins is on the list, and they hire anyone not named Thompson, Joseph or Kay, Orangefield deserves what they get. 

53 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

LOL!!! All sports huh? Boy oh boy, this is shaping up to be an absolute disaster in Orangefield. I've never understood the rationale of hiring a HFC and AD who wasn't a high level football guy just becuase he might throw the softball team a bone. His primary job is HFC. Let him go 0-10 for three years, while making the playoffs in all other sports, and see how quickly he gets run off. If Jenkins is on the list, and they hire anyone not named Thompson, Joseph or Kay, Orangefield deserves what they get. 

I disagree. They will have a great coach either way. However that's all I can think of when lcm hired Todd Moody. Which was my experience lol

• Bobcat1 changed the title to Jeffery Breaux named OF’s New AD