Jeffery Breaux named OF’s New AD

Gocats90

22 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Golden triangle is considered Orange, Jefferson, and Hardin county. I guess shouldn’t have said inside. But Golden triangle. 

That’s what I consider setx. Jasper pending on who you ask is East Texas. BH/Crosby area East Houston.. setx my definition is those counties I listed. 

I see.

Pretty minimal when talking on this site.

But to each their own.

1 minute ago, navydawg31 said:

So north shore is setx?

All I am saying is they have been in our coverage area for many years.

If we went solely by your parameters (Hardin, Jefferson and Orange counties) we would only cover around 18 schools.

Chambers, Liberty, Polk, Jasper, Tyler and Newton county schools would be omitted.

We made the decision many years ago that we would cover every school that was in a district with our "core" schools. "Core" schools was defined by all those counties (nine) that have been listed.

We are not defining what is SETX here on the site. Just who we cover. But my definition is vastly larger than yours.

43 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Golden triangle is considered Orange, Jefferson, and Hardin county. I guess shouldn’t have said inside. But Golden triangle. 

That’s what I consider setx. Jasper pending on who you ask is East Texas. BH/Crosby area East Houston.. setx my definition is those counties I listed. 

One post here said that Orangefield has hit their ceiling.  If this is true, do you think it's because of the kids they've had or because of the coaches they've had?

58 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

No… the Golden Triangle is BMT, PA, Orange, and anything inside of the triangle formed by those three cities.  Or the Triplex, if you were around in the 80s. 

This is the hidden content, please

SETX for me is basically anything East of the Trinity up to 190. But schools on the on that 190 corridor are kind of SETX outsiders. Livingston, Woodville, Jasper, and Newton are still in, but barely. 

Lum and Silsbee, for instance, are SETX but not Golden Triangle. Winnie? Setx, not triangle. Vidor? Triangle. Deweyville? SW Louisiana. 

It’s simple. 

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

All I am saying is they have been in our coverage area for many years.

If we went solely by your parameters (Hardin, Jefferson and Orange counties) we would only cover around 18 schools.

Chambers, Liberty, Polk, Jasper, Tyler and Newton county schools would be omitted.

We made the decision many years ago that we would cover every school that was in a district with our "core" schools. "Core" schools was defined by all those counties (nine) that have been listed.

We are not defining what is SETX here on the site. Just who we cover. But my definition is vastly larger than yours.

You ask 10 people they will give you 10 different answers. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

No… the Golden Triangle is BMT, PA, Orange, and anything inside of the triangle formed by those three cities.  Or the Triplex, if you were around in the 80s. 

This is the hidden content, please

SETX for me is basically anything East of the Trinity up to 190. But schools on the on that 190 corridor are kind of SETX outsiders. Livingston, Woodville, Jasper, and Newton are still in, but barely. 

Lum and Silsbee, for instance, are SETX but not Golden Triangle. Winnie? Setx, not triangle. Vidor? Triangle. Deweyville? SW Louisiana. 

It’s simple. 

Nothing with you has ever been simple.. lmao 

5 minutes ago, Billyjohn said:

Yall chitter more than my ex wife, let’s get back on the who will be the new coach. Has anyone heard any updates? I’m hearing a lot about how LCMs offensive coordinator will be making the move.

I’m hearing he’s moving, but not to Orangefield. 

5 hours ago, bullets13 said:

unfortunately this site doesn't have the technology for me to bust out the crayons and draw you a picture so that you can understand what I'm saying.  No, I'm not saying they are a bad team.  You basically are, though.  The point I'm making is that there are MANY, MANY local teams who ARE BAD who would have loved to field the teams and have the results that Orangefield has had over the last decade running the slot-t.  Ironically enough, two of the local teams who would gladly trade places with Orangefield over the last decade both had success for a couple of seasons each WHILE RUNNING THE SLOT-T, only to fade back into nothing when they switched offenses.  

Not completely true. Lumberton made 2 2nd round appearances post slot t (2018-2020 I believe)

12 hours ago, Guitar Man said:

Anyone who thinks Orangefield has the personnel to run the spread, and be successful is sadly mistaken. OF historically has been bad at running anything other than the Slot T.  The Slot T helps when you don't have good lineman to protect a QB who is trying to read a defense to make a good throw. There are not many lineman bodies walking the halls of Orangefield so the Slot T is the way to go if you wanna continue to be successful in OF. You can't change my mind because OF saw instant success making the switch from the Pro I to the Slot T and they have been way more successful ever since then. 

In your next post you listed 2 different offenses.  Neither one was the Spread.  So saying they don't have the personnel to run the spread is a little disingenuous.  You can pass a lot out of the Pro-I.  But did they?  I'm not saying you are wrong or right.  But think about this:  What if since 2004 they had the Spread install and have been working with their kids in this offense since the 7th grade.  Would it look totally different?  Not sure.  This is were good/great coaches start the QB development.  But, this is me offering my opinion just like you offered yours.  

• Bobcat1 changed the title to Jeffery Breaux named OF’s New AD