2024 WOS Mustangs

WOSdrummer99

3 hours ago, americasteam22 said:

Great move for Bears, why play a school like mentioned before 2 yrs ago refused to switch home and away when supposedly your cross town friends field wasn’t finished. Also had fans outside the gate this year  till end of second quarter while every WOS fan was in bleachers. Also LCM  signed off on kid to go back to WOS  and play this year and in return WOS refused to sign off on kid who wanted to play at LCM.  The truth is that WOS refused because they’re scared of a mass exodus from a fallen program. I’m sure with other teams graduating a bunch this year means things might seem to get better next year but true fans know it will not ever be the WOS of old. 40 years tradition gone. 

💯

@wo-s#1 good enough reasons for you? You posted like  maybe you thought there were other reasons

12 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Normally I'd wait for the season to finish to start this up. But this is news to many fans. So...

This is the hidden content, please

Week  Opp

1.         ???

2.        Nederland 

3.        WACO LA VEGA !!!!

It's possible that wos is going play newton week 1 not sure it's true but possible 

Let's talk about what improvements the Mustangs can make to their offense, if they are moving on from the current OC. IMO start with North Shore and those coaches over there who have a proven WINNING record. Maybe, shell out some money to get good season coaches who can help Coach H build up this program. I keep up with Kendall Cleveland who is doing good things as an asst. coach. His team is in the playoffs as of yesterday.  Things NEED to get better period!!

31 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

Let's talk about what improvements the Mustangs can make to their offense, if they are moving on from the current OC. IMO start with North Shore and those coaches over there who have a proven WINNING record. Maybe, shell out some money to get good season coaches who can help Coach H build up this program. I keep up with Kendall Cleveland who is doing good things as an asst. coach. His team is in the playoffs as of yesterday.  Things NEED to get better period!!

No good seasoned coach that has the pedigree will come in under H,they would have to have the reins.The guy we should be looking for may not wanna come at all now…Kendall would be a great fit imo to take over the program alongside several others that would love to help him!Doubt if he would though,he’s doing great things where he is.

13 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

No good seasoned coach that has the pedigree will come in under H,they would have to have the reins.The guy we should be looking for may not wanna come at all now…Kendall would be a great fit imo to take over the program alongside several others that would love to help him!Doubt if he would though,he’s doing great things where he is.

Maybe not who knows... something needs to change #1. If coach H has one more year left on his contract and the district decides to go in another direction, maybe hiring that seasoned coach could be the answer. I think coach Cleveland would be a great fit for the Mustangs as a head OC. These young unproven coaches that are being hired have a lot to do with a failing program not just at WOS but in other programs as well. If WOS is serious about making a change then do it! Do it NOW!!!!

1 hour ago, ladybug33 said:

I think coach Cleveland would be a great fit for the Mustangs as a head OC.

I've been keeping up with them too. Zachary is a perennial power. They're currently down 28-13 3rd 1:38 in the postponed state semifinal.

Championships 2015, 2017, 2018, 2021

Runner-up 4 2014, 2016, 2019 2022

This is the hidden content, please

Those that know him say that would never happen. I think we could make an offer that he wouldn't want to refuse. We do have a surplus in the bank that could buy any coach in America.

On 12/2/2023 at 10:32 AM, ladybug33 said:

Maybe not who knows... something needs to change #1. If coach H has one more year left on his contract and the district decides to go in another direction, maybe hiring that seasoned coach could be the answer. I think coach Cleveland would be a great fit for the Mustangs as a head OC. These young unproven coaches that are being hired have a lot to do with a failing program not just at WOS but in other programs as well. If WOS is serious about making a change then do it! Do it NOW!!!!

They need to make a change and it is HH. I don’t know that any assistant with upside wants the risk that this regime brings with it.  Then in the event they do move on from HH, those coaches have risked a lot for one year and probably a season they don’t want to put on their resume. 

4 hours ago, #1stangfan said:

They need to make a change and it is HH. I don’t know that any assistant with upside wants the risk that this regime brings with it.  Then in the event they do move on from HH, those coaches have risked a lot for one year and probably a season they don’t want to put on their resume. 

How does one approach a job knowing it's not gonna last more than another season? If they want another opportunity I could see them trying to correct the mistakes made in the last 2 years. But if they have a job outside of coaching in mind, the record won't matter. Neither will the effort.