Bellville (49) @ West Orange-Stark (7) - FINAL

jdawg03

9 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

This is the hidden content, please

I enjoyed that… sounds like a guy that would drop whatever he’s doing to come home. 

My thought goes like this. For years the ISD operated as an extension of the athletic department at WOS. There’s never been a super with enough stroke to unseat the HFC/AD in WOS-that is, until the community gave the authority to the Super with their allegations and preferences about the coaching at WOS. 

Make no mistake… guys who want to run school districts have big egos-they like to be the guy in charge. I can’t think of a super that would hire a guy to work for them that had more clout than the super himself. It just makes no sense.  Add to that the fact that the majority of locals who demanded a certain shade of coach year before last haven’t changed their minds, and I have a hard time seeing a Toby hire  actually happen. 

And I don’t think he’s the guy who can return WOS to statewide prominence, anyways. 

On 11/11/2023 at 1:38 PM, XX Man said:

Cornel Thompson would come back if we had a new Superintendent. Toby Foreman would also like to take over. But the Superintendent we have is the problem. Everyone gripes here but no one goes to the school board meeting to complain. I did, and not one other person showed up. They take public comments first, and then you can leave. 

I wish I knew when u were there.bcz, surely would've went too.something has to be done.kids want even have a chance to get a scholarship with this coaching staff.

On 11/12/2023 at 8:27 AM, CardinalBacker said:

That’s insane. Gotta do it, though. 76 million sounds like a lot, but when you look at the dollars being spent on NIL, you have to move on. 

I think TAM should have elevated Bobby Petrino to HC. Yeah, yeah I know there is some baggage in the past, but it is past. Think  if they could tread water with Petrino for a few years at just  2M/yr, it would greatly mitigate the burden of paying JBF off. Who knows, Petrino, finally rid of JBF hanging over him could do pretty well. The dude can coach and at 62 he still has some gas in the tank.  Petrino for 5 years would only cost TAM 10M total. Then at that time JBF is almost paid off and TAM could move forward. Otherwise they will have to pay out another JBF size salary (~10M/yr) for a new coach along with paying off JBF for the next 7 years. 

8 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

I think TAM should have elevated Bobby Petrino to HC. Yeah, yeah I know there is some baggage in the past, but it is past. Think  if they could tread water with Petrino for a few years at just  2M/yr, it would greatly mitigate the burden of paying JBF off. Who knows, Petrino, finally rid of JBF hanging over him could do pretty well. The dude can coach and at 62 he still has some gas in the tank.  Petrino for 5 years would only cost TAM 10M total. Then at that time JBF is almost paid off and TAM could move forward. Otherwise they will have to pay out another JBF size salary (~10M/yr) for a new coach along with paying off JBF for the next 7 years. 

If they're looking for stability, a good honest program and above all a winning program, Petrino would not be the person that comes to mind.

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Not sure what happened during closed session of the meeting last night

That closed session is interesting. 5-6 back to back years at WOS  is unacceptable for place like WOS. I would think they would want a winning tradition to continue and not the subpar football teams like the rest of Orange county.  

3 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

That closed session is interesting. 5-6 back to back years at WOS  is unacceptable for place like WOS. I would think they would want a winning tradition to continue and not the subpar football teams like the rest of Orange county.  

Is it certain they were even meeting about the coaching situation?

5 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

If they're looking for stability, a good honest program and above all a winning program, Petrino would not be the person that comes to mind.

Petrino's record:

Championships
 (2004)
 (2006)
 Atlantic Division (2016)
 (2020)
Awards
 Coach of the Year (2004)
 Coach of the Year (2020)

Another weird end to a weird season.  The only team I could compare them to this year is Coldspring.  They played tough teams all year, and competed pretty well, narrowly losing several games to very good competition, only to get boatraced in their last game of the season in a game where a lot of folks expected them to keep it close, if not win.  Oddly enough, just like WOS, this season was basically a carbon copy of last year's for Coldspring.

27 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Another weird end to a weird season.  The only team I could compare them to this year is Coldspring.  They played tough teams all year, and competed pretty well, narrowly losing several games to very good competition, only to get boatraced in their last game of the season in a game where a lot of folks expected them to keep it close, if not win.  Oddly enough, just like WOS, this season was basically a carbon copy of last year's for Coldspring.

Same end result for Coldspring. Drastically different circumstances leading into it but still the same result.

1 hour ago, Separation Scientist said:

Petrino's record:

Championships
 (2004)
 (2006)
 Atlantic Division (2016)
 (2020)
Awards
 Coach of the Year (2004)
 Coach of the Year (2020)

Yeah...no.

If you're not worried about a little baggage and you want a coach better than Jimbo Fisher, go get Urban Meyer. He's won the whole enchilada several times which is what TAMU is after...

2 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Yeah...no.

If you're not worried about a little baggage and you want a coach better than Jimbo Fisher, go get Urban Meyer. He's won the whole enchilada several times which is what TAMU is after...

Except, Urban Meyer doesn't want to coach, and Petrino is already employed at TAM. All thats needed would be to change his title. Bring a a UM or anyone similar, and TAM has to cough up even more big bucks. Thats the whole point of my suggestion, Petrino can save TAM multi-millions while they pay down JBF.

1 hour ago, Separation Scientist said:

Except, Urban Meyer doesn't want to coach, and Petrino is already employed at TAM. All thats needed would be to change his title. Bring a a UM or anyone similar, and TAM has to cough up even more big bucks. Thats the whole point of my suggestion, Petrino can save TAM multi-millions while they pay down JBF.

I get it. You make a fair point. I’m just saying they’re looking for HIM. I don’t believe Petrino is HIM. And the extra baggage does not help.