Bellville (49) @ West Orange-Stark (7) - FINAL

jdawg03

4 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

That’s an idiotic statement 

No, it's not!! Let me help u.i just don't say certain things.what HC walks around practice with there little child on the field while practice is going on.ive seen the picture his kid on his shoulders.sorry but this isn't a daycare.i can say alot more but I'm not.practice is like a lil league practice.a some point u have to serious abt how u run the team.cant be these kids friend.

8 hours ago, Mustang1980 said:

This is so hard to watch! This is not Mustang football. Our kids are disorganised on defense and offense. This is a coaching issue. With the athletes that WOS gets year in and year out there is no excuse for this performance. I hope the school board will take action. We should find the best qualified coach we can find to get this program back on track. We handed the keys to the winningest program in the State of Texas to a coach with no head coaching experience. Our kids deserve better .

School board taking action, giving a 5 yr extension to head coach. 

Want to win some more state championships? WCCISD open up your wallet and try to talk Todd Dodge into coming out of retirement. If you can’t talk him out of retirement then Hire him as a consultant and let him pick the next head coach for WOS. Watch how fast our program comes back to life. I know it will never happen but it would absolutely work. Talk about bringing excitement and energy back to the program. A bold move like this would reinvigorate the program and get us back to Mustang football. Right now we are dying on the vine with the current coaching staff. In the old days if you didn’t win the district championship you did not go to the playoffs. It is very apparent after last nights butt whipping that we had no business being in the playoffs. What is it going to take in our community to pressure RH and the school board to admit they have made a mistake and correct it. We have athletes that are just as good and probably better than Bellville and look at the results. Straight coaching issue. The time for change is now!

1 hour ago, dj said:

No, it's not!! Let me help u.i just don't say certain things.what HC walks around practice with there little child on the field while practice is going on.ive seen the picture his kid on his shoulders.sorry but this isn't a daycare.i can say alot more but I'm not.practice is like a lil league practice.a some point u have to serious abt how u run the team.cant be these kids friend.

So you think he’s being paid to lose games. You think they sat around a table and agreed that he would lose games on purpose for money. You are delusional. You oughta get checked out. 

22 minutes ago, Mustang1980 said:

Want to win some more state championships? WCCISD open up your wallet and try to talk Todd Dodge into coming out of retirement. If you can’t talk him out of retirement then Hire him as a consultant and let him pick the next head coach for WOS. Watch how fast our program comes back to life. I know it will never happen but it would absolutely work. Talk about bringing excitement and energy back to the program. A bold move like this would reinvigorate the program and get us back to Mustang football. Right now we are dying on the vine with the current coaching staff. In the old days if you didn’t win the district championship you did not go to the playoffs. It is very apparent after last nights butt whipping that we had no business being in the playoffs. What is it going to take in our community to pressure RH and the school board to admit they have made a mistake and correct it. We have athletes that are just as good and probably better than Bellville and look at the results. Straight coaching issue. The time for change is now!

Totally agreed with you! 

Look at PNG last year what Todd Dodge did for them as consultant.

It will worth a try to get him because WOS have the athletic kids that could help them better plus get back the program.

35 minutes ago, Mustang1980 said:

It’s probably a safe bet WOS has more athletes than Bellville I agree

Very disappointing season again, unfortunately if something doesn't change, I expect the same results for years to come.  I'm not under the impression that we should win state every year, or even the district title.  Dan Hooks and Cornel Thompson are coaching legends, that are not easily replaced.  However, first round exits, two years in a row should be unacceptable.  In my opinion, there should either be a coaching change, or Coach Hickman needs to make major changes on how he's running the football program. 

5 minutes ago, WOS95 said:

Very disappointing season again, unfortunately if something doesn't change, I expect the same results for years to come.  I'm not under the impression that we should win state every year, or even the district title.  Dan Hooks and Cornel Thompson are coaching legends, that are not easily replaced.  However, first round exits, two years in a row should be unacceptable.  In my opinion, there should either be a coaching change, or Coach Hickman needs to make major changes on how he's running the football program. 

Good post. 

55 minutes ago, Mustang1980 said:

Y’all should have just let us win a couple of weeks ago. We’re good with one and done in the playoffs.  

Seriously, though… this is what y’all wanted. Stop crying.  

What happened to all the crazy talk?

"The top 4 of WOS district is MUCH stronger then the top 4 of Bellville district. I think Jasper could win the district and so would HF." 

"WOS has the much tougher district and schedule" 

"If I were a Belville fan, I'd be scared to death of this game. All five WOS losses could've gone either way."

"Their offense is still outdated" 

"Bellville schedule is very weak as well." 

'Bellville did not play a time with a record above 500. West Orange played 6."

"I think you could swap these two team's schedules and Bellville would be 5-5 (maybe 6-4) and WOS would be 10-0."

10-12 in the last 2 years.   The experiment has not worked.   By WOS standards, it has failed miserably.

In the previous 10 years, WOS had lost 20 games.   They are on pace to lose 60 games in the same timeframe under this regime.

They have to make a change.   Things will not get better, and IMO, will gradually get worse, the further you get away from the Hooks/Thompson eras and culture.

Unless he schedules a bunch of cupcakes to pad the win column in pre-district, 5 and 6 losses will be the new norm.

10 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

What happened to all the crazy talk?

"The top 4 of WOS district is MUCH stronger then the top 4 of Bellville district. I think Jasper could win the district and so would HF." 

"WOS has the much tougher district and schedule" 

"If I were a Belville fan, I'd be scared to death of this game. All five WOS losses could've gone either way."

"Their offense is still outdated" 

"Bellville schedule is very weak as well." 

'Bellville did not play a time with a record above 500. West Orange played 6."

"I think you could swap these two team's schedules and Bellville would be 5-5 (maybe 6-4) and WOS would be 10-0."

It was all a pipe dream.  One last grasp of holding out hope, and onto the past.  Most everyone knew WOS was not invincible, including their fans, but I believe out of the last 2 years, last nights effort was the true wake up call.

No one will ever fear them anymore, and very few will respect them.   You can respect the past, and not the NOW.

WOS as we knew them for 40 years is over until a change is made.

1 hour ago, MackLewis said:

WOS as we knew them for 40 years is over until a change is made.

Yea, but no… it won’t get better without a change, but just changing for the sake of changing won’t do the trick. 

There might be a half dozen men (of any color) in the state that have a proven record of doing what has been done in WOS over the last few decades. There might be a half dozen currently coaching who will one day prove themselves capable of what’s been done in WOS. 

Jerry Jones once claimed that there were 500 coaches capable of leading the Cowboys to a Championship…. They haven’t won one since. Hickman isn’t the problem. He’s a decent coach… Y’all are just used to elite coaching and the odds of y’all attracting (much less hiring) an elite coach are practically non-existent.