Silsbee (33) @ Bridge City (7) - FINAL

jdawg03

32 minutes ago, RealTalkRob said:

So the pushing/shoving by some BC players on the field during the game is OK?  Regardless of what happened it was a chippy game on both sides and prayers for the BC player and his family 🙏

#1 got mad after he got lit up on an incomplete pass. He shoves BC players. #10 and #11 hit BC #55 with open-hand slaps. BC player retaliates defending himself and his teammates who were pushed and shoved by those players. Offsetting personal fouls but BC #55 gets ejected from the game due to some BCISD personal foul rule. Whatever happens to protect your brothers on the field. It's football not tennis. It got chippy but Silsbee is absolutely undisciplined and that's a shame. BC coaches need to step up and fight for their players. Making a kid sit out for a personal foul is ridiculous. Heard fans screaming for the player to be put back in and screaming at their superintendent. It's pretty clear on video BC fans aren't happy

9 minutes ago, D.C.BULLDOGS said:

#1 got mad after he got lit up on an incomplete pass. He shoves BC players. #10 and #11 hit BC #55 with open-hand slaps. BC player retaliates defending himself and his teammates who were pushed and shoved by those players. Offsetting personal fouls but BC #55 gets ejected from the game due to some BCISD personal foul rule. Whatever happens to protect your brothers on the field. It's football not tennis. It got chippy but Silsbee is absolutely undisciplined and that's a shame. BC coaches need to step up and fight for their players. Making a kid sit out for a personal foul is ridiculous. Heard fans screaming for the player to be put back in and screaming at their superintendent. It's pretty clear on video BC fans aren't happy

So what. Means nothing now. 

2 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

So what. Means nothing now. 

Unfortunately, you're right BC's head coach heads to baseball sooner, and maybe a coach from Oragnefield takes over a program, or maybe a coach from Nederland Takes over after Christmas break. 

Silsbee has great athletes but won't make it far in the playoffs with that discipline. Well-coached teams with discipline and less athletes will send them to basketball season early 

Tons of prayers for #3 of BC. Terrible incident 

6 minutes ago, D.C.BULLDOGS said:

Unfortunately, you're right BC's head coach heads to baseball sooner, and maybe a coach from Oragnefield takes over a program, or maybe a coach from Nederland Takes over after Christmas break. 

Silsbee has great athletes but won't make it far in the playoffs with that discipline. Well-coached teams with discipline and less athletes will send them to basketball season early 

Tons of prayers for #3 of BC. Terrible incident 

We left the field about 30 minutes ago. They didn't want to land a helicopter near so many people at the field so I heard the ambulance was taking him to the airport and helicopter is picking him up there and going to Houston. It looked like they were taking every precaution you would for a head and neck injury. Such a terrible situation. He is a talented player and an outstanding young man. Lots of prayers going up for #3. 

For what it’s worth, it doesn’t seem like there was THAT much in the final play.  Guy was bringing him down right about on the out of bounds line, two Silsbee guys running in kinda bumped into each other as they were slowing up and then the kid who was making the tackle’s legs took them both out and they ended up falling into the players involved.  Seems like the bench was a bigger issue there than anything else. 

2 hours ago, Colt45Red said:

I'm at the game and it is dead silence. Silsbee players hit a kid about 5 yards out of bounds  and he hit the track hard. I'm hearing that they are waiting on life flight or ambulance. 

The Silsbee players clapping and taunting while the kid was being treated was classless. They refused to take a knee until about 10 minutes after the injury. The whole game was like that too. Fights, taunting, late hits, classless gestures from Silsbee the whole game. 

Yes they were clapping because they had no idea a kid was seriously injured...the silsbee fans didn't know, and the refs obviously didn't either.  Silsbee kids came onto the field to line up and play, meanwhile the Bridge City fans were screaming obscenities at them. Once Silsbee understood what was happening, they went to their sideline and prayed for the player.  The hit was on the out of bounds line, 5 yards would have been in the Bridge City stands, there is a video of it so lying is pointless. Silsbee is praying that this kid fully recovers.

7 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

For what it’s worth, it doesn’t seem like there was THAT much in the final play.  Guy was bringing him down right about on the out of bounds line, two Silsbee guys running in kinda bumped into each other as they were slowing up and then the kid who was making the tackle’s legs took them both out and they ended up falling into the players involved.  Seems like the bench was a bigger issue there than anything else. 

Correct. It was a horrible freak accident that was caused when the player tried to jump over the bench.  There was nothing malicious or intentional.  Prayers for this kid!!! 

Trust me the Tigers have dealt with Tragedy the last thing they want to do is hurt anyone things can get easily escalated and sometimes people will always speculate when they don’t know their is always trash talk players kicking and hitting each other during pileups but no young man is out there trying to put anyone in the Hospital or seriously hurt anybody they didn’t realize what happened and when they did they began to pray and we are praying for that young man and his family no one wants to see this not even the players.

7 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Any updates on the condition of the injured player? 

From FB

UPDATE: 

I’m sorry I cannot respond to everyone at this point, and I know his family feels the same overwhelm, so I’m coming here to update!

They did a CT scan shortly after he got to Texas Children’s, and that scan showed no broken bones, which we’re thankful for, but there’s still something causing him to not be able to use his lower body, so they will be performing an MRI asap to determine if there’s a spinal cord injury. PLEASE PRAY that this is a “stinger” and not something more complicated! 

Immediately following the injury, mungy lost almost all feeling and motion below the neck; he never lost consciousness, as this was not a head injury. He was able to respond to us at all times and remained aware of all that was happening. After spending several hours in the triage, he is now able to move his arms, and the dr was encouraged by his upper body strength, given his starting point tonight. The lower body is what’s concerning at this point and we will definitely update as we know more. 

Please just pray that our boy is good as new asap - tonight has been so so scary, and I cannot imagine how his precious mama is feeling. My adrenaline gave out around Baytown, and I just cried and prayed the rest of the drive. 

Please continue to pray for the team of doctors that will be treating him and for complete healing over his body - he’s in the best place he can be in, so now we just gotta get him better!

25 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

LCM, Jasper, WOS, now Bridge City.  And one particular school is the constant.  Maybe they need a little less “smoke” there. 

This is the stupidest post I've seen so far..! Both teams where chipping at each other all night. You just trying to keep the flame burning..! Teams hate losing to Silsbee and then they get mad and so do their parents. Silsbee had no ideal the kid was hurt. But what was sad is the parents in the stands of BC yelling and cursing at the Silsbee players...Great parenting very classy..!

4 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

From FB

UPDATE: 

I’m sorry I cannot respond to everyone at this point, and I know his family feels the same overwhelm, so I’m coming here to update!

They did a CT scan shortly after he got to Texas Children’s, and that scan showed no broken bones, which we’re thankful for, but there’s still something causing him to not be able to use his lower body, so they will be performing an MRI asap to determine if there’s a spinal cord injury. PLEASE PRAY that this is a “stinger” and not something more complicated! 

Immediately following the injury, mungy lost almost all feeling and motion below the neck; he never lost consciousness, as this was not a head injury. He was able to respond to us at all times and remained aware of all that was happening. After spending several hours in the triage, he is now able to move his arms, and the dr was encouraged by his upper body strength, given his starting point tonight. The lower body is what’s concerning at this point and we will definitely update as we know more. 

Please just pray that our boy is good as new asap - tonight has been so so scary, and I cannot imagine how his precious mama is feeling. My adrenaline gave out around Baytown, and I just cried and prayed the rest of the drive. 

Please continue to pray for the team of doctors that will be treating him and for complete healing over his body - he’s in the best place he can be in, so now we just gotta get him better!

The whole community of Silsbee is Praying for this young man...! 🙏🏻 #TigerNation 

1 hour ago, Who That said:

This is the stupidest post I've seen so far..! Both teams were chipping at each other all night. You just trying to keep the flame burning..! Teams hate losing to Silsbee and then they get mad and so do their parents. Silsbee had no ideal the kid was hurt. But what was sad is the parents in the stands of BC yelling and cursing at the Silsbee players...Great parenting very classy..!

You can’t make this stuff up 

1 hour ago, Who That said:

This is the stupidest post I've seen so far..! Both teams where chipping at each other all night. You just trying to keep the flame burning..! Teams hate losing to Silsbee and then they get mad and so do their parents. Silsbee had no ideal the kid was hurt. But what was sad is the parents in the stands of BC yelling and cursing at the Silsbee players...Great parenting very classy..!

Call me crazy but was BC expecting to compete with a state contender?? Could've suited up the JV squad and still won...

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

From FB

UPDATE: 

Dear God, please wrap your healing loving arms around this young athlete. Please comfort his family and his community while you are healing him. Please let this event serve as a way to bring us together for the sake of this boy who needs all of our love and support right now. In Jesus’s name we pray, Amen.