Hamshire-Fannett (21) @ West Orange-Stark (14) - FINAL

jdawg03

WOS was more talented, but not by much.   HF was better coached, and it was by a mile.    Coaching definitely trumped athleticism in this one.

Not taking anything away from HF, because they have a lot of very good football players.

I go back to the PNG game and he goes for 2 instead of kicking the XP.    Then tonight, the use 2 timeouts in the 3rd quarter while on defense.    In about a 5 play span.  

ITS so  sickening.   Not fair to the kids at WOS, or their fans. 

Edited by WOSdrummer99

25 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Always does. Can't believe we wasted 2 TOs in the 2nd half. Then that last one they had plenty of time to figure plays. But nope they think they can read it at the last second. Then these other coaches see it coming from a mile away. They make us look juvenile. Like middle school play calling. Pick a play and be confident about it. Then run the boys out there and execute. That's how it's been done successfully for years. # do your job

What defense did HF use? ANYBODY? BUELLER? 

It’s a version of the 3-4 with man coverage at times 4-4 stack

5 minutes ago, MackLewis said:

WOS was more talented, but not by much.   HF was better coached, and it was by a mile.    Coaching definitely trumped athleticism in this one.

Not taking anything away from HF, because they have a lot of very good football players.

I go back to the PNG game and he goes for 2 instead of kicking the XP.    Then tonight, the use 2 timeouts in the 3rd quarter while on defense.    In about a 5 play span.  

This clown is so in over his head it’s sickening.   Not fair to the kids at WOS, or their fans. 

He was slamming his head set on the ground arguing with the ref instead of trying to coach up the team. HF had some good players. La Marque had athletic kids and when coaching left they ended up like this. I honestly hate seeing Wos like this they need a change soon

1 minute ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

He was slamming his head set on the ground arguing with the ref instead of trying to coach up the team. HF had some good players but La Marque had athletic kids and when coaching left they ended up like this. I honestly hate seeing Wos like this they need a change soon

When did I miss that...during the TO?

Rickie Harris, WO Supt got rid of the coach he wanted rid of and put the coach in place he wanted. Why would he put an inexperienced coach in place of a proven coach? It's obvious to me. It's not going to get any better. I predicted the point spread to be much greater. WOS will not make the playoffs this year. We need a new Superintendent and a new coach.

1 hour ago, MackLewis said:

ITS so  sickening.   Not fair to the kids at WOS, or their fans. 

Well, try this I get a call and someone asked why they had the banner taking down that was on the side on the building that had the winniest team in texas by percentage.with everyone autograph on it.really makes u think.smh,I really do think that someone doesn't know the history of this program!!

WOS isn’t a bad team… they’re just not great anymore and it doesn’t sit well with the Mustang faithful. This is a tough district with Silsbee looking like they’re on the elite level, with WOS, Jasper, and HF all mixing it up for those 2-4 slots. WOS in its current configuration would still win a lot of DCs in most districts… just not the one they’re currently in. 

The Glory Days of going to state are gone, and just like it is for most teams, they aren’t  coming back. 

It’s no longer a football program with a school, but a school with a football team, just like it should be. 

5 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

U think BC gets 4th and playoff spot. I think we beat beat Jasper and get 3rd place. We shall see in 2 weeks my friend. Make the drive down and I'll buy our tickets on the visitor side. Lol

being you know I speak fluent sarcasm, honestly  you think I would ever pick BC to beat Blue&Silver? Come on man! ( by chance, you see what we did to the Cardinals last night?)

I do plan on being there come game time. Liberty don't count but if our common opponent games and how they went are anything of a sign of what's to come it's going to make for another classic.  Another great chapter in the storied rivalry.

6 hours ago, XX Man said:

Rickie Harris, WO Supt got rid of the coach he wanted rid of and put the coach in place he wanted. Why would he put an inexperienced coach in place of a proven coach? It's obvious to me. It's not going to get any better. I predicted the point spread to be much greater. WOS will not make the playoffs this year. We need a new Superintendent and a new coach.

Wanna bet?

I went this game and that is my first game to watch Mustangs this year.

Plain simple that clown coaches act like not know what to do. No discipline at all.

I feel terrible bad for kids and they deserve with the better coaches. Honestly, if we have a good coaches then we would be winning and discipline with not much of penalties.

Lineman are big and tall but did not block or enough strong so their fault NO and it is coaches!

I notice there is many coaches on the field while CT time and not many so why many coaches now. Sounds ridiculous amd fishy.

This will be my last to watch Mustangs for rest of the season cause it make me feel sick and hurt to see kids with worse or clown coaches.

I don't see any change in the future with the superintendent so the board will keep him anyway.

Wish Mustangs best luck!

9 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Someone will have to correct me because I don’t know where to find this info, but this might be the first year ever that WOS lost two years in a row to three teams. Silsbee, HF, and PNG all have two-year runs going right now. That has to be a first, or one of the only times. 

Ummm 4!!!  Don’t forget little ol Newton