Snapshot Day

AggiesAreWe

7 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

I know you're probably very smart, because your comments sound very smart, but perhaps the growth in Lumberton is channeling through younger families who have younger children who have not made it to the high school level yet. Because (and I'm sure you know this too) the snapshot numbers are only for high school kids enrolled in the district, not K-8 grades or kids enrolled in private schools. I really shouldn't have brought this up, because, being as smart as you are, you probably already considered this possibility.

There are also not an insignificant amount of Lumberton kids in private schools as well. Not sure how many but I know 2 or 3 families and I don’t know a ton of Lumberton people in general.  I do agree that the growth is probably delayed because the families who move there with young children will let them go to LISD.  The ones who moved when their kids were teenagers weren’t going to make them lose their Beaumont private school classmates.  Next cycle should be interesting. 

15 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

That's not entirely accurate...the actual reason is cheap land easier financing and marketing that is primarily geared toward the demographic living there

Owner financing land in a master planned community.  No restrictions.  Advertisement all in Spanish.  1 day late and the repo and sell to the next one.  Armed guards outside outside of the office with threats of deportation.  Seems like a place I would want to be 

4 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

There are also not an insignificant amount of Lumberton kids in private schools as well. Not sure how many but I know 2 or 3 families and I don’t know a ton of Lumberton people in general.  I do agree that the growth is probably delayed because the families who move there with young children will let them go to LISD.  The ones who moved when their kids were teenagers weren’t going to make them lose their Beaumont private school classmates.  Next cycle should be interesting. 

Good points. 

5 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I, for one, am glad to see BC moving back up into the our rightful home-the Whitest  district in Texas, bar none. 

Maybe we can win a district game. 

BC

Huffman

Lumberton

LiCk’eM

Livingston

Vidor

We’re just gonna be playing some really aggressive two-below in slow motion.  

Probably not. Don't see bc beating any of those teams lol

With West Brook turning in 2232, they have a real REAL good chance of dropping down to 5A. The cutoff last realignment was 2225. Usually it moves up 15-20 each alignment.

I'm thinking cutoff will be at least 2235 which will make West Brook one of the largest 5A's in the state.

Now, will United follow?

16 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

With West Brook turning in 2232, they have a real REAL good chance of dropping down to 5A. The cutoff last realignment was 2225. Usually it moves up 15-20 each alignment.

I'm thinking cutoff will be at least 2235 which will make West Brook one of the largest 5A's in the state.

Now, will United follow?

1988-90 (including spring sports) HF, EC, Hardin, Anahuac, PA SFA and Barbers Hill played in the same district. Now, we are staring at a possible United and West Brook alignment with Barbers Hill.  

Time marches on and things change. 

20 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Also, if both Beaumont schools drop to 5A, I highly doubt we will cover any 6A district on this site for the next two years.

In that case, what do you think the 5A-1 district would look like? 

WB, BU, PAM, BH, GCM, RSS, Lee...

That's the seven "most east", but usually the UIL tries to avoid odd numbers. Add back LP or Crosby, or something like that?        

2 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

That's the seven "most east", but usually the UIL tries to avoid odd numbers. Add back LP or Crosby, or something like that?        

Where will porter and kingwood park go?

1 minute ago, Separation Scientist said:

An even bigger question: what Region would they put us in?