Twelve Schools Who Could Change Class/Division at UIL Realignment ($)

Matthew328

If anyone is curious on which 12 schools the article is mentioning, here they are: 

• Aledo - Possibly moving up to 6A Division I
  • Brock - Possibly moving up to 4A Division II
  • DeSoto - Possibly moving down to 5A Division I
  • Fulshear - Possibly moving up to 6A Division II
  • Granger - Possibly moving up to 2A Division I
  • Gunter - Possibly moving up to 3A Division I
  • Alvin Iowa Colony - Possibly moving up to 5A Division II
  • Lake Belton - Possibly moving up to 6A Division II
  • Liberty Hill - Possibly moving up to 5A Division I 
  • Lindale - Possibly moving up to 5A Division II 
  • New Home - Possibly moving up to 2A Division II
  • Sherman - Possibly moving up to 6A Division II

33 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

Not mentioned but I think could move up/down in 2024:

Mount Belvieu Barbers Hill(up)

Beaumont West Brook(down)

Beaumont United(down)

Cedar Hill(down)

If DeSoto AND Cedar Hill drops it's really going to get interesting in the region especially with Lancaster right next door. I hear Longview might toe the 6A line. Will also have to see if the UIL keeps Lufkin north or shift them south in 5A D1. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

If DeSoto AND Cedar Hill drops it's really going to get interesting in the region especially with Lancaster right next door. I hear Longview might toe the 6A line. Will also have to see if the UIL keeps Lufkin north or shift them south in 5A D1. 

Never gets any easier moving classes. Always run into another strong program. Thats why I think TX football is so elite, quality programs at all sizes. 

On 7/25/2023 at 11:32 AM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

They going to shift them south imo.. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2023 at 11:32 AM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I think the enrollment caps would have to increase significantly to have Desoto and Cedar Hill drop. Cedar Hill was at 2,635 in '22 and 2,634 in '20. I'm assuming it's their TEA number but Desoto was at 2,734 in '21. The enrollments for those SW Dallas County schools is relatively stagnant when compared to some of the other metro area schools.

Lancaster is the "country" part of Dallas County kind of like Crosby is to Harris County. They have room to grow and with them already sitting at 2,185 last snapshot I think they'll actually be moving to 6A next realignment. They picked up 84 kids from '20 snapshot to '22, if they're still growing at that rate they could be up over 2,260 in October.   

26 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I think the enrollment caps would have to increase significantly to have Desoto and Cedar Hill drop. Cedar Hill was at 2,635 in '22 and 2,634 in '20. I'm assuming it's their TEA number but Desoto was at 2,734 in '21. The enrollments for those SW Dallas County schools is relatively stagnant when compared to some of the other metro area schools.

Lancaster is the "country" part of Dallas County kind of like Crosby is to Harris County. They have room to grow and with them already sitting at 2,185 last snapshot I think they'll actually be moving to 6A next realignment. They picked up 84 kids from '20 snapshot to '22, if they're still growing at that rate they could be up over 2,260 in October.   

I was told open enrollment was stopping at CH and DeSoto, any truth to that?