BREAKING Crosby hires HFC/AD Joe Willis

Matthew328

12 hours ago, 2wedge said:

This is a major mistake by Crosby. Let the tumble begin. 

Possibly... but not necessarily. The guy was an excellent recruiter, but his X's and O's were pretty much like everyone else. He thrived by getting his team all jacked up but sometimes that costed them too. I hope whomever Crosby hires will value integrity, sportsmanship and professionalism. HC's reflect on their community and school. I hope Crosby hires a good man to lead their program.  

17 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they hire from within since it's so late in the year. Who knows 🤷🏾‍♂️

Yeah, pretty late to start a hiring search.   I wonder if we will get the full story as to what happened.

1 hour ago, Separation Scientist said:

Possibly... but not necessarily. The guy was an excellent recruiter, but his X's and O's were pretty much like everyone else. He thrived by getting his team all jacked up but sometimes that costed them too. I hope whomever Crosby hires will value integrity, sportsmanship and professionalism. HC's reflect on their community and school. I hope Crosby hires a good man to lead their program.  

I don't think there was a better representative of the community than Coach Prieto I could be wrong but this is a mistake IMO

A former employee of the district, that thinks they can do a better job than Coach Prieto, has the ear of the Supt. and stirred up some of the town people.  Coach Prieto was tired of hearing all the BS from people looking into the fish bowl, but with no actual skin on the game, and had enough.  This is a classic small town screw job by people that don't have a clue.  I had become a Crosby from a far, now I hope they get what they deserve every Friday night!

Good Luck to Coach Prieto, he'll be just fine!!!

21 minutes ago, saltydawg said:

I wonder if Crosby’s new 4-day school week played any part. Also curious how things are going to work with athletic events and practices occurring on Fridays without school being in session on Fridays?

Events on Fridays will occur with: 1. less stress on coaches 2. coaches that had sleep the night before. 3. coaches who can focus on football and not lessons or drama in the classroom

43 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Events on Fridays will occur with: 1. less stress on coaches 2. coaches that had sleep the night before. 3. coaches who can focus on football and not lessons or drama in the classroom

There would be concern getting those kids to the school on Friday for the games. Most coaches like the fact that the kids are at school already that day.

• WOSdrummer99 changed the title to BREAKING Crosby hires HFC/AD Joe Willis