BREAKING Crosby hires HFC/AD Joe Willis

Matthew328

On 6/19/2023 at 2:10 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

It's a new day, with open enrollment schools everywhere parents are moving their children to a place where they have the best opportunity for success.

My co-worker's son was the starting QB for CE King two years ago, a new staff came in and said they were running a different system and that the QB job was probably going to go to a kid that just transferred in. Instead of keeping him there with the new coach my co-worker got an apartment in New Caney so his son could play there. He ended up leading New Caney to an 11-1 season and furthering his opportunity to play college football. He could've stayed and learned the lesson of dealing with adversity, but he transferred and learned the lesson that "if you believe in yourself you can create your own path to success." 

As far as loyalty, one of Crosby's 8th grade QBs transferred to BH. The kid's dad is way more hard core Crosby than I am, and almost loyal to a fault. Now his son is in a 10x better situation because he broke that loyalty. 

The kids aren't leaving just because of the coach. They're leaving because it's about to be July and they haven't ran a single offensive play or defensive set. Moreover, they don't even know who's on the coaching staff yet? Willis just put out a tweet last week asking for coaching resumes, but I'm sure in his interview he told the supt. he already had everything covered. Our supt. just isn't competent enough to vet things on the athletic side. It no surprise that the 6'3" receiver transfer you were depending on contributing this season hasn't shown up to a single workout after you say you want to run the ball 80% of the time. I would go ahead and count him as gone too. At the end of the day though, the head football coach will always have support from the parents of borderline kids who just want to see their kid get on the field. 

Loyalty is a bichhh. Biggest regret was not taking mine where they were wanted. Instead my loyalty got the playing D3 and Walking on at UIW lol. 

1 hour ago, BlackShirts5 said:

Loyalty is a bichhh. Biggest regret was not taking mine where they were wanted. Instead my loyalty got the playing D3 and Walking on at UIW lol. 

So your argument is your son played D3 and another son walked on at UIW because their high school coaches didn't do enough to promote them? I swear, some of you guys clearly don't understand how special a talent has to be to sign a D1 scholarship for football. 

3 hours ago, 2wedge said:

So your argument is your son played D3 and another son walked on at UIW because their high school coaches didn't do enough to promote them? I swear, some of you guys clearly don't understand how special a talent has to be to sign a D1 scholarship for football. 

Or how their kids act at school/practice. 

20 hours ago, 2wedge said:

Literally not what i was saying lol.. Some of you guys only see what you want to see in what someone says.

1 hour ago, BlackShirts5 said:

Literally not what i was saying lol.. Some of you guys only see what you want to see in what someone says.

Also, some of the guys exercise poor vocabulary and are unable to put together a complete sentence which leaves others trying to understand what they were attempting to communicate. 

19 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Also, some of the guys exercise poor vocabulary and are unable to put together a complete sentence which leaves others trying to understand what they were attempting to communicate. 

Wasn't anything wrong with how or what I said. I made a statement but just didn't spill details of why i was saying it. 

On 6/22/2023 at 2:58 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

Parents can't sabotage a coach, especially "before they ever get started". I was being facetious when I said he was 60, that was to highlight he's by far the oldest coach Crosby has initially hired in my 25+ years following the program. We don't have a prim and proper community like Cedar Park or Colleyville so you have to be able to deal with the BS as just part of your job at Crosby.

I didn't want him because he wasn't going to move the needle participation wise and what do you know, rates have dropped even more and kids have transferred out so I was dead on in that assessment. I just talked to him for about an hour to see if I could clean PAPF and I told him I don't think Crosby will make the playoffs or be very successful in the offensive system he runs.

Instead of getting through that we sat in his office and he broke down film of Coastal Carolina vs BYU to show how Crosby would operate against fronts like CE King, talked through recruiting contacts and set up a meeting with my son about trying to get him to stay. I'm not against everything but I've been doing this for a long time and know what good football is supposed to look like. Meanwhile, we haven't run a single offensive play this Summer. I'm sure you know a lot more than me about what goes on at Crosby and I thank you for your concern about the program. 

North Shore? Or maybe BH lol

On 6/19/2023 at 2:19 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

She's good on social media but is going to have trouble answering to college personnel directors about a football player's lateral quickness or about a guard's mid-range game. She's really going to be a plus for girls' sports recruiting due to her high activity level on social media though. She's also going to be our head girls track coach which may be concerning to some considering she couldn't really win anything even with all the thoroughbreds North Shore has roaming the campus. This hire was also directed by the supt. 

😂

On 7/2/2023 at 7:58 AM, Unwoke said:

Should be interesting to see how 14.2’s Cougarettes finish the season with the lost of recruited players and having to actually coach home grown players.🙂

The “Cougarettes” will probably  end up in a state cheerleading competition. But the mighty Crosby Cougars will be just fine. Kids are working their tails off this summer. Something about being underdogs makes Crosby more dangerous historically. 

15 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

The “Cougarettes” will probably  end up in a state cheerleading competition. But the mighty Crosby Cougars will be just fine. Kids are working their tails off this summer. Something about being underdogs makes Crosby more dangerous historically. 

Yeah ….I am sure the rest of the kids in the district and State wide are Laying on their sofas eating twinkies playing video games not doing nothing. 
News Flash - Most High School kids that play football in the State of Texas are working their butts off including mine. 
It was just a little jab at all the loud mouths at Crosby, they know who they are. A little tougher to win with just home grown talent only. Lol

Any ways good luck to the Crosby kids. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2023 at 7:55 PM, AledoAlumni said:

Ex: I just talked to him for about an hour to see if I could clean PAPF and I told him I don't think Crosby will make the playoffs or be very successful in the offensive system he runs.

Lmao!!!

Exactly! After I told him that his exact words to me were "I appreciate that, and I respect the hell out of you for coming to me first." before we watched film over the offensive system he's going to run this year.

What's even funnier is the other day when he walked over to the senior citizen fans who go to every practice and workout and want to fire the coach after every loss and said "What are your concerns, ask me anything you want?". These are the guys who will tell a kid's parents "That boy can't play dead in a western." so you can only imagine the stuff they said. Coach Willis stood over there in that brutal sun and answered every question they had, I liken that to Coach P showing at at the park in Barrett Station to make sure people weren't trying to steal his kids. I'm sure Coach Willis never had to deal with narcissistic parents at Cedar Park or C'ville Heritage and Coach P never had to go to the hood in Corpus to keep his kids from being swiped. Some coaches adapt and some don't. We'll see how it works out. 

On 6/22/2023 at 8:34 PM, 89Falcon said:

With 1000% certainty, I can guarantee you that every coach in Crosby is laughing as well. Probably be remembering him for years to come when they are telling old stories. 

Which ones? The one that asked me to write a letter to the UIL for him or the ones who don't post but DM things that they want in a public forum? Maybe it's the ones who text me and say, "You didn't hear this from me but .  .  .  "? Different coaches on our last two staffs did it for years, so with 1000% certainty I can tell you that coaches don't laugh a parents who contributed multiple all-district sons to the program. 

On 6/23/2023 at 7:39 AM, 2wedge said:

If I was Coach Willis, I'd tell this guy to pound sand, screen shot all these DA posts from this site, and tell him to take it up with the UIL. 

What would I be taking up with the UIL? Coach said he would sign the PAPF but would first like an opportunity to go over some things with my son, they talked for a couple hours and my son called and told me he wanted to stay. End of story/situation. Just like DA parents can get on social media and argue in favor of the school choice bill, I can freely state my opinions here as long as they're within the guidelines. 

The vast difference between me and most people is that everybody in Crosby knows exactly who I am and I don't have any problem being asked/confronted by a coach or parent about anything that I've ever posted on here. In short, you don't have to take screenshots because it will always be here. 

On 6/26/2023 at 2:23 PM, BlackShirts5 said:

Yeah, that was really my main concern. It doesn't feel right as a parent not giving your kid what you think is the best opportunity for success. It sucks to watch your kid run over players from teams like FB Marshall and then watch the kids he ran over pick up double digit offers, Offers that they would also be in line for if they were at that school, simply because they're at that school.

Luckily, I think my son will end up in an OK situation. The backup RB from last year picked up a couple of FBS offers and Rivals rated him a 4 star so I think that will draw additional recruiting interest to the program. Based on the texts and DM's from the coaching staff where he's going to camp this weekend I think he's in good shape to pick up his first D1 offer but again, as a parent you want to put you kid in the most promising situation possible.  

3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Exactly! After I told him that his exact words to me were "I appreciate that, and I respect the hell out of you for coming to me first." before we watched film over the offensive system he's going to run this year.

What's even funnier is the other day when he walked over to the senior citizen fans who go to every practice and workout and want to fire the coach after every loss and said "What are your concerns, ask me anything you want?". These are the guys who will tell a kid's parents "That boy can't play dead in a western." so you can only imagine the stuff they said. Coach Willis stood over there in that brutal sun and answered every question they had, I liken that to Coach P showing at at the park in Barrett Station to make sure people weren't trying to steal his kids. I'm sure Coach Willis never had to deal with narcissistic parents at Cedar Park or C'ville Heritage and Coach P never had to go to the hood in Corpus to keep his kids from being swiped. Some coaches adapt and some don't. We'll see how it works out. 

So you didn't move? 

3 hours ago, AledoAlumni said:

So you didn't move? 

Guy is pretty convincing, has a lot of gravitas on the high school level. It’s a different approach than the last two guys but I think he’s made some solid hires of alumni recently to work in different capacities that could help stabilize the program, if not anything else. 

6 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Which ones? The one that asked me to write a letter to the UIL for him or the ones who don't post but DM things that they want in a public forum? Maybe it's the ones who text me and say, "You didn't hear this from me but .  .  .  "? Different coaches on our last two staffs did it for years, so with 1000% certainty I can tell you that coaches don't laugh a parents who contributed multiple all-district sons to the program. 

No doubt. They probably view you as a "blessing". 

• 1 month later...