BREAKING Crosby hires HFC/AD Joe Willis

Matthew328

All these Crosby haters. Y’all said the same things when Riordan left. Smh. Yall never learn. Lol. I for one hope that CHS gets what they deserve as well. A great coach and molder of young men and women student athletes. I also hope that y’all programs continue to progress as well. Even the haters😂PS Whats the connection with Mann and The Sup? Where yall hearing these things?

9 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

All these Crosby haters. Y’all said the same things when Riordan left. Smh. Yall never learn. Lol. I for one hope that CHS gets what they deserve as well. A great coach and molder of young men and women student athletes. I also hope that y’all programs continue to progress as well. Even the haters😂PS Whats the connection with Mann and The Sup? Where yall hearing these things?

Is making the playoffs now in question? Or do you still feel confident yall can make the tournament?

1 hour ago, 89Falcon said:

The kids deserve whatever they get, no different than what the kids "deserve" in every other district. 

The kids always deserve the best. They don't always get it. But it's still what the community should be providing.

This guy gets it

12 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

I for one hope that CHS gets what they deserve as well. A great coach and molder of young men and women student athletes.

8 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

The kids always deserve the best. They don't always get it. But it's still what the community should be providing.

This guy gets it

Understood. The point was that they just ran off "the best" they ever had. I really have not seen many AD/HFC anywhere that were not good at "molding young men". In terms of "molders of young men", every school and corresponding group of kids get that with almost every HC.

Things change when the community gets sideways with the HC and begins to invent things to be disgruntled about. Then they start fabricating the rest of whatever story they want to believe.   

44 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

Is making the playoffs now in question? Or do you still feel confident yall can make the tournament?

Shouldn’t be. For whatever reason CHS didn’t look like a 5AD1 team last yr. OL and DL were tiny. Not looking forward to them being bigger this coming yr either. However next yrs FR have shut out North Shore and CE Kings feeder schools as well as swept the district in BBall two yrs in a row. First time I’ve ever seen Crosby kids line up and be bigger physically than those schools mentioned. 5AD1 is a different animal. La Porte is building BH is building and PA has a steady influx of talent. Whomever takes over at CHS will need the support of the Sup and the Community to be successful. 

29 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Understood. The point was that they just ran off "the best" they ever had. I really have not seen many AD/HFC anywhere that were not good at "molding young men". In terms of "molders of young men", every school and corresponding group of kids get that with almost every HC.

Things change when the community gets sideways with the HC and begins to invent things to be disgruntled about. Then they start fabricating the rest of whatever story they want to believe.   

Riordan was the best we ever had at the time of his departure. Folks was saying that Crosby was dead then, not to mention the financial issues. Two yrs later when in the state title game

18 hours ago, MrFleet23 said:

Riordan was the best we ever had at the time of his departure. Folks was saying that Crosby was dead then, not to mention the financial issues. Two yrs later when in the state title game

Odds are not high that you are going to get 3 very good coaches in a row. Let alone another one that can take Crosby to state. I have no dog in the fight, I hope the kids get someone that will give it their all. 

1 hour ago, AledoAlumni said:

Odds are not high that you are going to get 3 very good coaches in a row. Let alone another one that can take Crosby to state. I have no dog in the fight, I hope the kids get someone that will give it their all. 

Lol who’s making these odds? Vegas? From what I here there were a ton of coaches that threw their hat in the ring. (Some from good programs at smaller schools) As long as they get  good participation Crosby will be fine. I’m hoping for young(31-38) athletic and can relate to the kids . Make practices fun. Plus our Sup is going to have to give them some support. Not a lot to ask. 

36 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

Lol who’s making these odds? Vegas? From what I here there were a ton of coaches that threw their hat in the ring. (Some from good programs at smaller schools) As long as they get  good participation Crosby will be fine. I’m hoping for young(31-38) athletic and can relate to the kids . Make practices fun. Plus our Sup is going to have to give them some support. Not a lot to ask. 

Yep, They just ran off the coach who took Crosby to their first State Title game. Probably be different with someone else who is "better". 

1 hour ago, MrFleet23 said:

I think @AledoAlumni implys it could be a more toxic situation now. Leading to less interest and application. 

And having 3 good coaches in row is not unheard of. But if there's no true hiring process and it's a rubber stamp whatever the Supt says. Good luck.

11 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I think @AledoAlumni implys it could be a more toxic situation now. Leading to less interest and application. 

And having 3 good coaches in row is not unheard of. But if there's no true hiring process and it's a rubber stamp whatever the Supt says. Good luck.

Makes sense. I hate spreading rumors but the word is there were a lot of applicants. I would agree that CHS given everything over the last 5-10 yrs doesn’t sound attractive. But to it didn’t sound attractive when we landed Coach P. 

9 hours ago, MrFleet23 said:

Statistically speaking, if you looked at every txhsfb program in the state and counted the number of times a school has had 3 very good coaches in a row, that number is not going to be very high. Meaning the odds are not in your favor that Crosby will be an exception. 

34 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

Statistically speaking, if you looked at every txhsfb program in the state and counted the number of times a school has had 3 very good coaches in a row, that number is not going to be very high. Meaning the odds are not in your favor that Crosby will be an exception. 

If anyone can do it Crosby can at one time we had 3 former CHS coaches in the regional playoffs. We’re a coach factory 😂

The takes on here are pretty funny.  Nobody knew who Prieto was before he hired in at Crosby.  Go back and look at that those threads.  He was successful because he had really good athletes and he wasn’t afraid to play them on both sides of the ball.  Last year was the least athletic they’ve looked probably in about 12 years since I’ve been watching them.  5AD1 compared to 5AD2 Crosby was outmatched last year up front.  Whose gonna be the next Coach, I have no clue, but come the fall they’ll strap them on and line em up against CE King. Coaches move on sometimes forced or  sometimes for personal/family reasons.  Life goes on, Crosby will get plenty of interest because they have players. 

1 hour ago, CougarCal said:

The takes on here are pretty funny.  Nobody knew who Prieto was before he hired in at Crosby.  Go back and look at that those threads.  He was successful because he had really good athletes and he wasn’t afraid to play them on both sides of the ball.  Last year was the least athletic they’ve looked probably in about 12 years since I’ve been watching them.  5AD1 compared to 5AD2 Crosby was outmatched last year up front.  Whose gonna be the next Coach, I have no clue, but come the fall they’ll strap them on and line em up against CE King. Coaches move on sometimes forced or  sometimes for personal/family reasons.  Life goes on, Crosby will get plenty of interest because they have players. 

What you meant to say was you didn't know who Prieto was before he hired in at Crosby. He was well known as a great OC and had a ton of success at CC Vets.

13 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

What you meant to say was you didn't know who Prieto was before he hired in at Crosby. He was well known as a great OC and had a ton of success at CC Vets.

Last 2 Coaches have been OC’s at schools and he beat out approx 50 applicants during financial distress in the district.  Most in this area didn’t know who he was me included, but he’ll get a nice job somewhere because his resume speaks for itself.  You have to forgive me but I don’t watch much high school football in the Corpus Christi area.  Crosby will hire the next guy and life will go on.  I just think Crosby could be a place where someone comes for 3-4 years and then takes the next step in their career.  

1 hour ago, CougarCal said:

I remember people saying stuff like he was a "Supersintendent hire" just like there gonna say about whoever comes in this years. 

3 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

Last 2 Coaches have been OC’s at schools and he beat out approx 50 applicants during financial distress in the district.  Most in this area didn’t know who he was me included, but he’ll get a nice job somewhere because his resume speaks for itself.  You have to forgive me but I don’t watch much high school football in the Corpus Christi area.  Crosby will hire the next guy and life will go on.  I just think Crosby could be a place where someone comes for 3-4 years and then takes the next step in their career.  

Man I certainly hope that isn't the case. Crosby could be a destination school for coaches if they'd get out of the coaches way and let him do his thing. Allowing Prieto to resign right now is risky. Maybe they do go find the next OC savant and stay as relevant as they've been, or maybe they miss badly and fall into absolute obscurity due to the move to the next division up. Time will tell. This superintendent will make or break herself with this hire. 

1 minute ago, 2wedge said:

Man I certainly hope that isn't the case. Crosby could be a destination school for coaches if they'd get out of the coaches way and let him do his thing. Allowing Prieto to resign right now is risky. Maybe they do go find the next OC savant and stay as relevant as they've been, or maybe they miss badly and fall into absolute obscurity due to the move to the next division up. Time will tell. This superintendent will make or break herself with this hire. 

It seems like the job is a state wide talked about opening from friends I've been talking to. It's bad timing but also good timing in the sense that someone(s) got overlooked in the initial coaching hiring and there is a smart hungry guy out there whos looking at an OC/DC job next year that really deserves their own program. There are also HC not AD's out there that are reportedly looking and applying for the job. I think it's an easier job to sale than most places given you know they have the talent to make the big run in playoffs. We just need a coach that's going to take care of the defensive side of the ball as well (like Prieto.) because you don't just outscore people in 5AD1. 

• WOSdrummer99 changed the title to BREAKING Crosby hires HFC/AD Joe Willis