Nederland 2023

lcm93

35 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Coach Ware first season 0-10, next season 2-8. Third season 7-4 and third in district and now Dayton’s system is among of the best in the state?!? Then PNG system is among the best in the country… lmao thanks for the laugh but come on now… 

That is correct. Coach Ware took over a decade long dumpster fire. It takes some time to instill the degree of discipline that Dayton has now. Dayton operation is first rate (though I do understand you dont want to believe it).

I look forward to hearing back from you when my predictions come to pass.  

4 hours ago, spidersal said:

Nederland’s problem this year is that the returning starters are juniors and only a handful of talented players. Offensively they are struggling at the receiver, RB, and QB positions and an iffy OL. Defensively, the secondary is really weak and special teams must improve tremendously That is IMO why they are picked 6 out of 8 in district 

Everyone should remember that last season they played the majority of their games like an HISD school

Receiver and offensive line I'll give you QB remains to be seen RB totally disagree we're fine at RB I'll take Hubert Thomas over alot of the district RB's in 2023

6 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

That is correct. Coach Ware took over a decade long dumpster fire. It takes some time to instill the degree of discipline that Dayton has now. Dayton operation is first rate (though I do understand you dont want to believe it).

When the coach had those two bad years did you bash the players and coach or did you support the team?

2 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Dayton is not my team but I have always supported Coach Ware and been steadfastly confident in his process. 

This.

Also, what they don't understand is, Dayton is about to be the recipient of a massive group of "higher tax bracket" kids who are ready to compete at a high-level.  That coupled with Ware's system will equal long-term successes. 

14 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Seems like I remember some of those Dayton predictions a few years ago too,  I also remember that Dayton hasn't beat Ned in the playoffs, ever.  The point being, I wouldn't assume that Ned is going to stay down for long and assuming one team is just going to dominate for a long time is kind of silly.

1 hour ago, Bigdog said:

Seems like I remember some of those Dayton predictions a few years ago too,  I also remember that Dayton hasn't beat Ned in the playoffs, ever.  The point being, I wouldn't assume that Ned is going to stay down for long and assuming one team is just going to dominate for a long time is kind of silly.

You don’t remember any of my Dayton predictions other than those which have come to pass. Whether Nederland stays down or not they will not be beating Dayton anytime soon. And playoff matchups from years ago are not relevant. I am not assuming anything but making a prediction based on what I know about the program and the talent coming up through the pipeline. 

1 hour ago, 89Falcon said:

You don’t remember any of my Dayton predictions other than those which have come to pass. Whether Nederland stays down or not they will not be beating Dayton anytime soon. And playoff matchups from years ago are not relevant. I am not assuming anything but making a prediction based on what I know about the program and the talent coming up through the pipeline. 

My point is it is all cyclical.  Dayton had probably the best three years of its football history from 2007-'09 and then faded out for multiple years.  Maybe they will be back to that level, maybe not.   Nederland has faded the last two years after about 24 years of pretty good football, they might rebound this year , or there might be changes coming, who knows.  The district and region have changed quite a bit as far teams since then as well.  This district will be tough to get out of let alone the playoffs.

2 hours ago, Bigdog said:

My point is it is all cyclical.  Dayton had probably the best three years of its football history from 2007-'09 and then faded out for multiple years.  Maybe they will be back to that level, maybe not.   Nederland has faded the last two years after about 24 years of pretty good football, they might rebound this year , or there might be changes coming, who knows.  The district and region have changed quite a bit as far teams since then as well.  This district will be tough to get out of let alone the playoffs.

Dayton will not "fade" as long as Coach Ware is HFC. They may have some years where they do not win the district but they will not "fade". However, after this year they will likely be competing for District Championship and be favorites for at least a 3 year run. 

3 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Dayton will not "fade" as long as Coach Ware is HFC. They may have some years where they do not win the district but they will not "fade". However, after this year they will likely be competing for District Championship and be favorites for at least a 3 year run. 

How will they be favorites? Is Fort Bend Marshall going to disappear (without even getting into the other teams in the district)? I can see an argument they’ll be in the mix. But I see no basis for calling them favorites, until we see more. How about they win a first round playoff game ? 

24 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

How will they be favorites? Is Fort Bend Marshall going to disappear (without even getting into the other teams in the district)? I can see an argument they’ll be in the mix. But I see no basis for calling them favorites, until we see more. How about they win a first round playoff game ? 

Also I wonder if Iowa Colony moves into yalls district this realignment, it's not like it couldn't happen, look where FBM and FBW are located along with SF 🤷🏾‍♂️

15 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Did not say anyone was going to "disappear". However, the only limiting factor on Dayton this year is that FBM and PNG have more talent to the point where it will be difficult for Dayton to overcome. The talent level at Dayton will jump next year and the gap between the others will be gone. With Ware's system in place and equal (to more) talent, Dayton will be the favorite (my call). You may very well need to see more but I have seen enough to feel confident in my prediction. 

52 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Did not say anyone was going to "disappear". However, the only limiting factor on Dayton this year is that FBM and PNG have more talent to the point where it will be difficult for Dayton to overcome. The talent level at Dayton will jump next year and the gap between the others will be gone. With Ware's system in place and equal (to more) talent, Dayton will be the favorite (my call). You may very well need to see more but I have seen enough to feel confident in my prediction. 

I would argue PNG doesn’t have more talent. PNG has a really good coach. Roughly the same group that got blown out in the 3rd round in 2021 went to State in 2022. The only thing that changed was a better coaching approach.

On 7/23/2023 at 7:24 PM, navydawg31 said:

Coach Ware first season 0-10, next season 2-8. Third season 7-4 and third in district and now Dayton’s system is among of the best in the state?!? Then PNG system is among the best in the country… lmao thanks for the laugh but come on now… 

Yes Dayton lost a lot, but that had one in the stable rehabbing from a pretty rough injury most of last year. Ashanti Allen Jr. Remember the name. 

Nederland needs to sit down and look at its self in the mirror and face reality, truth is none of the guys want to play for a certain  coach (JS) so they quit as we saw last year, mostly senior level players were gone. I think its the same this year, also the coaching (play calling) hasn't been the best. Nederland had talent over the LN era but how many times did we hear the words "the other team is faster and stronger but they are simply getting out coached?" we heard it time after time cause LN was a boss of a coach. That's gone and I feel because MB was under LN for so long the administration felt he was gonna follow in his path and that hasn't been the case. 

At some point....the booster and the sponsors who donate are going to want answers and Nederland being a bottom district team isn't gonna fly.  A programs future is only one bad leadership decision away. 

That's my two pennies at least 

2 hours ago, Bulldogpower said:

Nederland needs to sit down and look at its self in the mirror and face reality, truth is none of the guys want to play for a certain  coach (JS) so they quit as we saw last year, mostly senior level players were gone. I think its the same this year, also the coaching (play calling) hasn't been the best. Nederland had talent over the LN era but how many times did we hear the words "the other team is faster and stronger but they are simply getting out coached?" we heard it time after time cause LN was a boss of a coach. That's gone and I feel because MB was under LN for so long the administration felt he was gonna follow in his path and that hasn't been the case. 

At some point....the booster and the sponsors who donate are going to want answers and Nederland being a bottom district team isn't gonna fly.  A programs future is only one bad leadership decision away. 

That's my two pennies at least 

Go to the next school board meeting and express your concern to them..