Nederland 2023

lcm93

4 hours ago, BigDawg99 said:

Big Ned has some great quality receivers in the mix for this season and they along with the QB

was able to push the ball against the TITANS. The new OC is really taking control and hearing a lot of positive feedback on his new role he is going to play for the DOGS offense. Some of the Coaches have said there is a new leadership amongst this Team and these players have a chip on their shoulders. Sounds like this is going to be an exciting season for our DOGS!

OK, so, has Barrow relinquished control of the offense to the new guy?  He'll no longer be calling plays?

Certainly glad to see a chip on their shoulders 

After all, they were about as bad as you can get last season

I hear not many seniors and don’t know how many SOPHS will be ready for varsity level football

Junior class is where we have a handful of talented players

We already know that there will be at least 5 losses; Dayton, FBM, PAM, PNG, and TC

The games against WOS, Silsbee, and SF will determine whether they finish 2-8 to possibly 5-5. will either be 2-5 or 3-4 in district 

These are just kids having fun while us old people are on this board talking  about how bad they are gonna be who gives a ##! if they win 1 or lose them all i will always support the dogs no matter what, And i do not have no family  that plays for them heck i know alot of indian players not 1 dog player go dogs!!!

21 minutes ago, bulldawg64 said:

These are just kids having fun while us old people are on this board talking  about how bad they are gonna be who gives a ##! if they win 1 or lose them all i will always support the dogs no matter what, And i do not have no family  that plays for them heck i know alot of indian players not 1 dog player go dogs!!!

Well said. I for one am tired of seeing these coaches and kids getting the negative sick treatment that continues to go on with this site. 

2 hours ago, bulldawg64 said:

So what exactly is the age do you stop calling them kids & sheltering them from any accountability? We all give them praise when they are good, what's wrong with discussing when they are bad? From my exp. most 17\18 year olds are young ADULTS & not doing kid stuff. 

15 hours ago, KF89 said:

So what exactly is the age do you stop calling them kids & sheltering them from any accountability? We all give them praise when they are good, what's wrong with discussing when they are bad? From my exp. most 17\18 year olds are young ADULTS & not doing kid stuff. 

They’re amateur athletes who put in a lot of time physical of conditioning to represent their schools for free. Most want play at the next level. Just pay your $7 or $ 8 dollars and enjoy the game. In the grand scheme of life it’s not that big of a deal. I see professional athletes making millions of dollars make bone head mistakes in a game all the time. Lol

I am Ready for some high football!

Go Pirates!🏴‍☠️

My take on this, is that these guys are at the threshold of there life.  Yeah some are young adults and some are bone head kids.  They still need parents, teachers and coaches.  Most of all they feed on each other.  Hopefully there is a few good leaders in this group.  Let's see what this group has in store for us armchair quarterbacks.  Geaux Dawgs.

23 hours ago, bulldawg64 said:

Ned will be alright talk that smack and wait and see

I guess "will be alright" is pretty subjective though...

No Smack Talk Synopsis (for the sensitive...)

My guess is they will probably have a mediocre season. The Seniors will leave unhappy with their record. For many of the dedicated ones, it will still sting 25 years from now. All in all though, it won't matter to the rest of the interested parties by the 2024 season.

Somebody gonna win and somebody gonna lose. The most the Bulldogs can hope for is somewhere in the middle. Good luck to all.

On 7/5/2023 at 12:24 PM, SmashMouth said:

My guess is they will probably have a mediocre season. The Seniors will leave unhappy with their record. For many of the dedicated ones, it will still sting 25 years from now. All in all though, it won't matter to the rest of the interested parties by the 2024 season.

Somebody gonna win and somebody gonna lose. The most the Bulldogs can hope for is somewhere in the middle. Good luck to all.

Yep, They could use some Neumann magic this season. Hopefully they can put together a decent season.

On 7/5/2023 at 12:24 PM, SmashMouth said:

There aren’t many seniors on this team this year 

I think the juniors will be much improved from last season, however there is only a handful of talented juniors. The senior class is few and not very talented, so we will have to see how many sophomores are good enough to play at the varsity level for the Bulldogs to improve from a dismal last season. I think they will be better, but will they be good enough to go 5-5

5 hours ago, spidersal said:

As expected, Dave Campbell’s magazine has the Bulldogs finishing 6 of 8 in the district 

Looking at all teams in the district and their returning starters and top prospects listed, unfortunately it appears to be another dismal season for the Bulldogs

I’m sure Dave Campbell had png winning region 3 and going to state last year too.. 

On 6/7/2023 at 11:37 AM, navydawg31 said:

Nederland has always done the best  when the best athletes play multiple sports and found a way to make all the practices. This whole culture in the Athletic department is broken and specializing in one sport is not panning out. Time to get back to hitting the weight room before or after school mandatory and not making weight workouts optional on your own time or when you do workout they are going on the coaches whistle what is what athletes described. Time to make the athletes run track mandatory in the spring after school if they aren’t in a spring sport, if you aren’t working on your form you are hurting yourself and the team. The BULDOG WAY has lost its self and mojo and need to get back to what it was years ago and holding coaches and players accountable starting at the top. 

But that’s just my IMO. 

You're exactly right, these kids are getting fed lies from somewhere thinking they are going to get a "scholarship" if they do a single sport. Nederland has always been hard nosed and kids played multiple sports. Now the best kids/starters are even quitting football, that NEVER happened at Nederland when Larry was there! They years of the late 90's early 2000's when they were going to the Sate quarter finals every years are over and I don't see it coming back no time soon. The kids are small and slow so hitting that weight room and doing Track in the Spring would definitely help. You can never be too fast, and if Nederland is always going to be the smaller school they better be fast!! But what do I know I'm just an observer who's been a follower of Nederland football since the mid 90's! My have things changed smh