Nederland 2023

lcm93

1 hour ago, NHS409 said:

As I said on my first post that they will win 3 games TOPS!! I'm thinking the wins will be WW, SF, GP, But after hearing that Dayton has lost their keys players from last year they may have a shot at winning that game as well. Heard SF is down too, which was honestly the most embarrassing lost to me last year! So if they win those games they will be in the playoffs with that 4th spot, which will be needed given all the pressure Nederland is under. We shall see though, given that tough pre-district schedule hopefully they get out of those games healthy! Because with the "talent pool" they have Nederland cant afford to lose ANY key starters. If they do its a wrap!!

I think Dayton has a pretty good coach.  This will probably be the deciding factor on the win.

1 hour ago, NHS409 said:

As I said on my first post that they will win 3 games TOPS!! I'm thinking the wins will be WW, SF, GP, But after hearing that Dayton has lost their keys players from last year they may have a shot at winning that game as well. Heard SF is down too, which was honestly the most embarrassing lost to me last year! So if they win those games they will be in the playoffs with that 4th spot, which will be needed given all the pressure Nederland is under. We shall see though, given that tough pre-district schedule hopefully they get out of those games healthy! Because with the "talent pool" they have Nederland cant afford to lose ANY key starters. If they do its a wrap!!

There is no chance Nederland will beat Dayton. 

7 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

There is no chance Nederland will beat Dayton. 

Damn NO chance!? Maybe you know something we don't! I got my info from a coach that's in the district, but hey you may be right. They were pretty good last year, but like I said I heard they lost their key guys. I guess time will tell 

12 hours ago, NHS409 said:

Santa Fe has Kase Albrecht back at QB it wouldn't shock me to see Santa Fe win against us again...

1 hour ago, navydawg31 said:

Just flat out no chance says a lot… so put Dayton down as District Favorites this year? 

Beating "Nederland" only makes a program "not a bottom feeder". But Dayton will be contending for District Championships in the foreseeable future (after this year). Dayton is probably tracking for 3rd this year for reasons mentioned by others regarding turnover.

5 hours ago, Reagan said:

So, being able to beat Nederland automatically makes you District Favorites?  Or did you misspeak here?  

Didn’t misspeak. Just giving a team no chance to win that returns quite a lot says a lot about that team vs a team that has no returning QB with some growing pains as a sophomore suppose to start, and Dayton lost several key starters. But picked to beat and giving them no chance. Nederland has quite quite a bit returning says a lot about that Dayton team… 

4 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Beating "Nederland" only makes a program "not a bottom feeder". But Dayton will be contending for District Championships in the foreseeable future (after this year). Dayton is probably tracking for 3rd this year for reasons mentioned by others regarding turnover.

So Nederland is now a bottom feeder school? Lol  

17 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Didn’t misspeak. Just giving a team no chance to win that returns quite a lot says a lot about that team vs a team that has no returning QB with some growing pains as a sophomore suppose to start, and Dayton lost several key starters. But picked to beat and giving them no chance. Nederland has quite quite a bit returning says a lot about that Dayton team… 

Dayton did not lose enough starters for Nederland to be in play. Dayton also has some key players joining. Dayton is well above where Nederland is at the moment and next year (and the next few after) Dayton will be a favorite for the District Championship. The players that left are why Dayton is likely to finish 3rd this year. Dayton system and process are among the best in the state. 

Nederland is at the place where they hope to beat GP, Willowridge and SF. 

Nederland’s problem this year is that the returning starters are juniors and only a handful of talented players. Offensively they are struggling at the receiver, RB, and QB positions and an iffy OL. Defensively, the secondary is really weak and special teams must improve tremendously That is IMO why they are picked 6 out of 8 in district 

Everyone should remember that last season they played the majority of their games like an HISD school

18 minutes ago, spidersal said:

Nederland’s problem this year is that the returning starters are juniors and only a handful of talented players. Offensively they are struggling at the receiver, RB, and QB positions and an iffy OL. Defensively, the secondary is really weak and special teams must improve tremendously That is IMO why they are picked 6 out of 8 in district 

Everyone should remember that last season they played the majority of their games like an HISD school

Like Houston Lamar or Houston Heights or Houston Waltrip or Houston Madison??? 

1 hour ago, 89Falcon said:

Dayton did not lose enough starters for Nederland to be in play. Dayton also has some key players joining. Dayton is well above where Nederland is at the moment and next year (and the next few after) Dayton will be a favorite for the District Championship. The players that left are why Dayton is likely to finish 3rd this year. Dayton system and process are among the best in the state. 

Nederland is at the place where they hope to beat GP, Willowridge and SF. 

Coach Ware first season 0-10, next season 2-8. Third season 7-4 and third in district and now Dayton’s system is among of the best in the state?!? Then PNG system is among the best in the country… lmao thanks for the laugh but come on now… 

1 minute ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Oh he's speaking of the subpar HISD teams, not the good ones I previously posted. I gotcha now. 😎

I wouldn’t entertain him that much. RB was one of the few bright spots last year and coming back even stronger. You remember how how good that sophomore was against those titans. 😉 saw him the other day gained some solid muscle. 

1 minute ago, navydawg31 said:

I wouldn’t entertain him that much. RB was one of the few bright spots last year and coming back even stronger. You remember how how good that sophomore was against those titans. 😉 saw him the other day gained some solid muscle. 

Oh I know. The 2025 class has some talent. I expect Ned to be better in district play than last season. Staying healthy will be their issue. 

27 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Oh I know. The 2025 class has some talent. I expect Ned to be better in district play than last season. Staying healthy will be their issue. 

That’s very true on staying healthy. The current junior all the way to incoming 7th graders have a whole lot of talent and lots of championships to boost from. 

1 minute ago, spidersal said:

Houston Lamar is the only one you mentioned that is always talented and is 6A. The others you mentioned are so so

Rhey played like a Kashmere, Wheatley, Furr, Scarborough

So you're saying Ned been playing like a HISD team or speaking on specifically last season? If it's last season then I stand on my post with those 4 teams I mentioned. You wasn't originally specific on which HISD teams you were referring to.