Nederland 2023

lcm93

There's a recent article in the panews where the citizens of Nederland was saying the quite part out loud when it come to outside residents and renters. Do you think this hard stance will eventually effect Nederland ability to compete and keep up with neighbors schools.

This is the hidden content, please

29 minutes ago, MhsTitans said:

There's a recent article in the panews where the citizens of Nederland was saying the quite part out loud when it come to outside residents and renters. Do you think this hard stance will eventually effect Nederland ability to compete and keep up with neighbors schools.

That is a ridiculous article...

2 hours ago, MhsTitans said:

1) What makes this a hard stance?

2) With the right coach Nederland can compete with anyone!

On 6/11/2023 at 2:24 PM, navydawg31 said:

Care to share your top 3 or so??

Again, my top pick would be Delege.  I was going to mention Clayton as being good, but that name has already been brought up.  Some of these names, though, are going to have to be measured by a different yard stick.  Clayton, for instance, ran the Veer, if I'm not mistaken. At Nederland it was a more of a run oriented offense.  But still, he was a good captain of the ship.  I think Fernandez and Dustin Hood did a good job.  Now, again if I'm not mistaken, Spell, Barrow and Robbins all had decent throwing yards.  But again, there's a caveat.  The last three didn't have decent win records to go along with all those yards.  So, I'd surmise that being in a constant losing situation they had to throw a lot because they were behind.  Again, just my opinion.

2 hours ago, MhsTitans said:

In what manner? Ridiculous that they actually went up to a city council meeting and voice they true feelings on that matter or that they opinions ridiculous.

Sorry, I should have clarified. Some of their opinions are ridiculous. (Of course, that's only my opinion too)

• 2 weeks later...

Things are looking good at the Ned. QB position, I saw a twitter post the returning starter had an unofficial visit\photo shoot in College Station with pics in A&M football gear. I assume from this he has only improved his skills over the off season to be a quality player & help Ned improve from last year.    

1 hour ago, KF89 said:

Things are looking good at the Ned. QB position, I saw a twitter post the returning starter had an unofficial visit\photo shoot in College Station with pics in A&M football gear. I assume from this he has only improved his skills over the off season to be a quality player & help Ned improve from last year.    

Love to hear that, some people on this board sure wouldn’t 

That is good to hear about the returning starter, presumed backup, now starter again. I don't even know the young mans name but he "could have" got an attitude about being swept aside for a soph move in, then now being asked to be plan B after the move in and dad bailed on Ned. He must be a class act, I wish him the best.   

11 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Anyone know how the PA Vs Ned 7 on 7 went? That’s great big ned is getting involved with it especially taking on pa. Times might be changing… 

@Mr. Buddy Garrity

Was not done like a reg. 7 on 7.  Each team run Offense plays against defense and  worked on defense against offense plays. Coach said it went well considering the ath. Pa had.

On 6/30/2023 at 7:41 AM, navydawg31 said:

Anyone know how the PA Vs Ned 7 on 7 went? That’s great big ned is getting involved with it especially taking on pa. Times might be changing… 

@Mr. Buddy Garrity

Big Ned has some great quality receivers in the mix for this season and they along with the QB

was able to push the ball against the TITANS. The new OC is really taking control and hearing a lot of positive feedback on his new role he is going to play for the DOGS offense. Some of the Coaches have said there is a new leadership amongst this Team and these players have a chip on their shoulders. Sounds like this is going to be an exciting season for our DOGS!

1 hour ago, BigDawg99 said:

Big Ned has some great quality receivers in the mix for this season and they along with the QB

was able to push the ball against the TITANS. The new OC is really taking control and hearing a lot of positive feedback on his new role he is going to play for the DOGS offense. Some of the Coaches have said there is a new leadership amongst this Team and these players have a chip on their shoulders. Sounds like this is going to be an exciting season for our DOGS!

How many points were put on the board by these "great quality" dawgs WR's vs. the quality P.A. DB's in this one hand touch 7on7 controlled passing game scrimmage?