Nederland 2023

lcm93

1 hour ago, bmtbulldog said:

Well, there has been a Coach/OC job posting on the NISD website for the past couple of months... As of this morning, it is no longer posted. Apparently the position has been filled. The questions is, by who? 

Jason Smith came over from WB he was their OC 

8 hours ago, Reagan said:

Thoughts on the new WB hire?!   I've isolated a few but would like to hear from anyone!  

@KF89 @bulldawg64 @navydawg31 @spidersal @dme1111 @jake94 @NHSBulldogFan

@BigDawg99

I doubt this makes much difference in the offense. Even Barrow along with everyone else would have laughed a year ago if anyone said Jason Smith was a better OC then him or guys already on staff. Not sure he was the OC at Wbrook, was told by a couple Bruin insiders he was an asst, to the WR coach brought in to get the Ex Kelly D1 prospect QB to transfer to West Brook a year ago. Bruins went 1-9 last year so maybe a change in scenery at Ned improves the offense & the win totals this year.

8 hours ago, Reagan said:

Thoughts on the new WB hire?!   I've isolated a few but would like to hear from anyone!  

@BigDawg99

Barrows is one of the better offensive minded play callers in the area, he’s called many many gems. He’s still going to be calling the offensive plays. IMO Coach Smith will now be able to help Barrows on the offensive side and they can put their heads together for a better game plan, while Monte can move his focus to the overall team O,D, ST. From what’s been told Coach Smith has came in and hit the ground running got with all the offensive players, coaches, and even getting the middle school coaches. Let’s give it some time and see how things play out, could be a big jolt in the right direction to get the dogs back to their winning ways 

2 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Barrows is one of the better offensive minded play callers in the area, he’s called many many gems. He’s still going to be calling the offensive plays. IMO Coach Smith will now be able to help Barrows on the offensive side and they can put their heads together for a better game plan, while Monte can move his focus to the overall team O,D, ST. From what’s been told Coach Smith has came in and hit the ground running got with all the offensive players, coaches, and even getting the middle school coaches. Let’s give it some time and see how things play out, could be a big jolt in the right direction to get the dogs back to their winning ways 

We will see what jolt of offense the 2nd choice by default Asst. O.C. brings, hopefully its better then what he brought to West Brook....

49 minutes ago, KF89 said:

We will see what jolt of offense the 2nd choice by default Asst. O.C. brings, hopefully its better then what he brought to West Brook....

Was told he couldn’t bring his playbook, audibles or anything to WB. Just a glorified assistant. He wasn’t even there for a full calendar year…  so we will see. 

3 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Was told he couldn’t bring his playbook, audibles or anything to WB. Just a glorified assistant. He wasn’t even there for a full calendar year…  so we will see. 

Have not heard of many HFC/AD letting an OC bring their own playbook unless it continues a progression of what they "are doing" or "want to do". Not being able to bring your own playbook does not equate to "glorified assistant". 

34 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Have not heard of many HFC/AD letting an OC bring their own playbook unless it continues a progression of what they "are doing" or "want to do". Not being able to bring your own playbook does not equate to "glorified assistant". 

I know several that have. That dictates the job and the people applying for it. Can I bring my own playbook or not? Can I call the plays or not? 

16 hours ago, Reagan said:

@BigDawg99

Nothing to see here just bringing another assistant to keep the sidelines warm...I agree with what the others have said I'm thinking another tough year for the Dogs 2024 is the year to look at with alot of seniors 

1 hour ago, navydawg31 said:

I know several that have. That dictates the job and the people applying for it. Can I bring my own playbook or not? Can I call the plays or not? 

"Calling plays" and "bringing your own playbook" are drastically different. I indicated that the instances where it happens are when the new OC is bringing a skillset that correlates to the progression of what they "are doing" or "want to do". I have seen some cases of defensive minded HC that wants to focus primarily on defense without sinking too far into the offense and as a result gives the OC more latitude. Even in that case the HC will select an OC that runs the offense that fits what he wants for the team. The more common scenario is the OC calls the plays within the offense that the HC chooses. 

16 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

"Calling plays" and "bringing your own playbook" are drastically different. I indicated that the instances where it happens are when the new OC is bringing a skillset that correlates to the progression of what they "are doing" or "want to do". I have seen some cases of defensive minded HC that wants to focus primarily on defense without sinking too far into the offense and as a result gives the OC more latitude. Even in that case the HC will select an OC that runs the offense that fits what he wants for the team. The more common scenario is the OC calls the plays within the offense that the HC chooses. 

And that’s what Monte did in this case and point… 

On 5/3/2023 at 2:54 PM, BigDawg99 said:

Can anyone guess how many Seniors will be playing this year???? I believe the answer is None. I also know there are a few players from last year that have already spoken to Barrow that they will not be returning this season. Our OL will definitely be smaller than last year as well. Definitely going to be interesting to see.

Wow, 0!?!?!