Nederland 2023

lcm93

22 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

He graduated in 03…

Yes. His Nederland record breaking season receiving yardage total was '01 jr. football season, i believe. 

Jake Askew- 1,257 yds. 14 td's, 2001 season.

Kyndon Fuselier broke his receiving yardage in a season total record his jr. year, the '20 football season, i believe. 

Both players were legit.

22 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I believe he had 12 carries for 170yds with 2 TDs both of which were from at least 60+yds out. Speedster! 💪🏾

Look for said RB to get more plays at WR also, this season.

9 hours ago, KF89 said:

Yes. His Nederland record breaking season receiving yardage total was '01 jr. football season, i believe. 

Jake Askew- 1,257 yds. 14 td's, 2001 season.

Kyndon Fuselier broke his receiving yardage in a season total record his jr. year, the '20 football season, i believe. 

Both players were legit.

That 01 season with Askew and Atterberry was a deadly combo. Lots of fun… I think Dean was the qb then, do you happen to remember? 

16 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Ned needs a QB, It's been many many years since theyve  had someone decent.

‘18 (Fernandez) & ‘20 (Cunningham) QB’s were good all district players, put up solid stats, led teams to 10-2, 9-3 records, district, Bi district titles. ‘20 team made it to 3rd rd. Both guys stepped in to play QB & did a great job leading the team to successful winning seasons. 

‘19 (McMorris ) QB was good,very accurate & skilled passer & ended up breaking a few Nederland passing records including single season passing yardage. Team that year just didn’t get on the winning track consistently.  

1 hour ago, KF89 said:

‘18 (Fernandez) & ‘20 (Cunningham) QB’s were good all district players, put up solid stats, led teams to 10-2, 9-3 records, district, Bi district titles. ‘20 team made it to 3rd rd. Both guys stepped in to play QB & did a great job leading the team to successful winning seasons. 

‘19 (McMorris ) QB was good,very accurate & skilled passer & ended up breaking a few Nederland passing records including single season passing yardage. Team that year just didn’t get on the winning track consistently.  

You'll have to go back further to find the good QBs. Fernanadez was over hyped then turned out to be a big disappointment

2 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

You'll have to go back further to find the good QBs. Fernanadez was over hyped then turned out to be a big disappointment

Disappointment Based on what? Fernandez was a winner & that’s what the bottom line is, right? Give us ur good Ned QB’s. Sage Seay stepped in & played well, Raines was a solid QB. Dustin Hood, Brad Sullivan, Delage, Dean, Moshier were some good players also. 
How far u want to go back? Havard, Spell, Robbins, Kip  McFarland, Barrow, Billy Butler?

2 hours ago, KF89 said:

Disappointment Based on what? Fernandez was a winner & that’s what the bottom line is, right? Give us ur good Ned QB’s. Sage Seay stepped in & played well, Raines was a solid QB. Dustin Hood, Brad Sullivan, Delage, Dean, Moshier were some good players also. 
How far u want to go back? Havard, Spell, Robbins, Kip  McFarland, Barrow, Billy Butler?

Starting to think his only qb on the list he has in mind was the qb of the 1957 state championship team… lmao 

People's sense of history sometimes starts when they are born.  One has brought up the QB of the '57 team.  When the discussion about QB's started, that time frame, IMO, never entered the picture.  But, going back to day one of Nederland to judge the best QB is fair.  But a lot of studying would have to be done. 

Anyway, probably the best QB Nederland has had was William Delege.  Good passer and good leader.  Again, my opinion.  

21 minutes ago, Reagan said:

People's sense of history sometimes starts when they are born.  One has brought up the QB of the '57 team.  When the discussion about QB's started, that time frame, IMO, never entered the picture.  But, going back to day one of Nederland to judge the best QB is fair.  But a lot of studying would have to be done. 

Anyway, probably the best QB Nederland has had was William Delege.  Good passer and good leader.  Again, my opinion.  

Care to share your top 3 or so??

14 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Best QB was not even the statement, ole Melon stated Nederland has not had a "Decent QB in many many years" Not sure the time frame many, many years is but I think B. Butler was early early 80's so i'll go back to the 1961 state runner up team & Jake David at QB who lead the team to the last Nederland state title game appearance. I am sure he was a very good player at the QB position to get his team to state championship game, but since Ned lost 6-0 to Dumas maybe some people think he was a disappointment also? There has been some decent, bad, good & very good QB's at Nederland since '61 & i agree Delage was a very good one.

Yes the Bulldogs have had some good QB’s over the years. Two others come to mind Steve Stuart and Don Clayton

The problem is the QB’s the past 2 seasons have not been good. They may be good at other positions, but they are not QB’s. They are also not being taught good mechanics, which leads be to believe the QB coach is not teaching these players very well. Their throwing mechanics are extremely weak

On 6/9/2023 at 5:28 PM, spidersal said:

If you are going to get a good QB, you better find a coach that knows how to coach them

I think the past 2 seasons, they were pretty close to throwing more interceptions than nearly every team in the state

Just FYI,  most of those QBs KF just listed were coached by Burrow,  y’all seem to forget that.

On 6/11/2023 at 7:43 PM, spidersal said:

Yes the Bulldogs have had some good QB’s over the years. Two others come to mind Steve Stuart and Don Clayton

The problem is the QB’s the past 2 seasons have not been good. They may be good at other positions, but they are not QB’s. They are also not being taught good mechanics, which leads be to believe the QB coach is not teaching these players very well. Their throwing mechanics are extremely weak

I agree. Stuart was good & Mr. Clayton was very good.

4 hours ago, spidersal said:

So has Barrow coached the QB’s the last 2 seasons or someone else. Whoever has coached them has done a miserable job, because the QB’s the last 2 seasons have been about as bad as you can get. They be good players at other positions but they are not QB material 

Maybe that’s why he hired an OC, so he go back and work closer to the QBs or the OC work closer to the QBs than they have in the past few seasons… 

1 minute ago, navydawg31 said:

Maybe that’s why he hired an OC, so he go back and work closer to the QBs or the OC work closer to the QBs than they have in the past few seasons… 

Side note- There has always been min. of 3 ex. Ned QB's that were experts on playing the position at Nederland & could fill the OC roll or QB coach roll on staff the last 15 years. I believe J. Smith was a WR at Kelly, so it will be interesting to see if he can be a Ned QB whisperer 

4 hours ago, spidersal said:

So has Barrow coached the QB’s the last 2 seasons or someone else. Whoever has coached them has done a miserable job, because the QB’s the last 2 seasons have been about as bad as you can get. They be good players at other positions but they are not QB material 

So, who should have been the QB other than two you mentioned? Who in the program was "QB material"?