Nederland 2023

lcm93

45 minutes ago, BigEnosBurdette said:

Gotta love a bunch of has beens, never was, and people who are breathing heavy from just sitting up out of bed downgrading a bunch of teenage boys. 

5 minutes ago, Razor said:

Some people just enjoy being miserable...I say, just let them be miserable by themselves

There's one in every fanbase unfortunately. 

Didn’t say sorry receivers, I had misspelled receivers. I said they were one of the weak areas on offense and I am not downgrading teenagers, simply being realistic The Bulldogs just don’t have much talent this year

I would love for Nederland to win this year, however the scrimmage vs HF showed that they are not close to winning this year and I unlike some of the posters must be realistic 

2 hours ago, spidersal said:

Didn’t say sorry receivers, I had misspelled receivers. I said they were one of the weak areas on offense and I am not downgrading teenagers, simply being realistic The Bulldogs just don’t have much talent this year

I would love for Nederland to win this year, however the scrimmage vs HF showed that they are not close to winning this year and I unlike some of the posters must be realistic 

Since this is specifically targeted to the comments about what the scrimmage showed, can you point to a single post by “some posters” that have said Nederland was close to winning or have predicted unrealistic outcomes? 

This was simply my observation of the scrimmage.  A few posters indicated that they had a good scrimmage and I agree that they have improved a little from last year, but IMO they have a long way to go in order to win this season.

The realistic comment was for the posters that think I am putting players down. I have mentioned where their main weaknesses are, but have said nothing about any players. I am stating that they don’t have much talent this year.  I know that Nederland supporters don’t like this, but IMO this is a fact

I applaud the Bulldog supporters wanting the team to do well. I want them to do well also, however I am going to be realistic in my observation of the season outcome for the Dogs

6 hours ago, spidersal said:

This was simply my observation of the scrimmage.  A few posters indicated that they had a good scrimmage and I agree that they have improved a little from last year, but IMO they have a long way to go in order to win this season.

The realistic comment was for the posters that think I am putting players down. I have mentioned where their main weaknesses are, but have said nothing about any players. I am stating that they don’t have much talent this year.  I know that Nederland supporters don’t like this, but IMO this is a fact

I applaud the Bulldog supporters wanting the team to do well. I want them to do well also, however I am going to be realistic in my observation of the season outcome for the Dogs

You are basing the bulldogs season on 1 scrimmage. The very first one at that. You can’t win a scrimmage. Most head coaches go into a scrimmage with what targeted work they wanna work on. Let the Dogs play! 

One thing that you keep saying every few post is if they can’t beat WOS it’s going to be a long season. 2-8 or 3-7… Last Year PNG got man handled at home against PA then made a run to State… I am not saying the Dogs are going to make a run to state but I am saying it’s a long season, you can’t give up on them after 1 scrimmage, 1 non district game… 

6 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

You are basing the bulldogs season on 1 scrimmage. The very first one at that. You can’t win a scrimmage. Most head coaches go into a scrimmage with what targeted work they wanna work on. Let the Dogs play! 

One thing that you keep saying every few post is if they can’t beat WOS it’s going to be a long season. 2-8 or 3-7… Last Year PNG got man handled at home against PA then made a run to State… I am not saying the Dogs are going to make a run to state but I am saying it’s a long season, you can’t give up on them after 1 scrimmage, 1 non district game… 

Back in 2001 we "lost" a scrimmage to Hardin-Jefferson...ended up in the semi-finals that year a scrimmage is no way to judge how a season will end up that's why you have to play the games still

7 hours ago, spidersal said:

Where did you get your coaching degree at ? You did not misspell the word receiver.  Hate will destroy you young man. 

9 hours ago, spidersal said:

Receivers are sorry, weak but not putting any player/s down... hmmm?!?!  Realistic after one scrimmage... hmmm?!?! How about letting the dawgs get a couple, few REAL games under their belt before looking forward to next season. 

Obviously many of you posters did not read that post correctly It came out relievers instead of receivers, I said sorry receivers in the following post because it had been misspelled 

Even though at this early stage of the season the receivers are struggling, I did not say they were sorry 

I have said many times 3-7 or 2-8 this season.  If the season turns out better, I will be the 1st to say I was wrong and I hope I get to say that

The reason I say 3-7 or 2-8 is because I do not see them beating these teams this year - PAM, FBM, Dayton, PNG, TC, Silsbee

The 2 questionable games are WOS and SF

They should beat GP and Willowridge 

IMO they do not have the talent to win these games based on what each team has coming back and last years miserable performance I believe they will be better than last year, however the wins won’t improve, but they won’t get blown out like last year

4 minutes ago, spidersal said:

Obviously many of you posters did not read that post correctly It came out relievers instead of receivers, I said sorry receivers in the following post because it had been misspelled 

Even though at this early stage of the season the receivers are struggling, I did not say they were sorry 

I have said many times 3-7 or 2-8 this season.  If the season turns out better, I will be the 1st to say I was wrong and I hope I get to say that

The reason I say 3-7 or 2-8 is because I do not see them beating these teams this year - PAM, FBM, Dayton, PNG, TC, Silsbee

The 2 questionable games are WOS and SF

They should beat GP and Willowridge 

IMO they do not have the talent to win these games based on what each team has coming back and last years miserable performance I believe they will be better than last year, however the wins won’t improve, but they won’t get blown out like last year

Fair analysis & valid points. IMO these pre season practices & scrimmages should be used to find out who can best get the job done at each position. West Brook will be an even better test to find out if the new O.C. has brought any explosiveness to the offense, if the returning starters improved from last year & what new players have what it takes to step up to make the team better. 

• 1 month later...