Beaumont ISD Football

AggiesAreWe

3 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

Just need an easier path for 2 years.  And HISD is just like every other urban ISD:  lack or resources.  

That’s like saying my kid can’t win in 9th grade football so I’m going to let him play 7th grade. Bring a good coaching staff in and make the kids work harder. 

Fixes:

pay coaches great stipends. Pay them and have high expectations 

facilities match suburban Dallas indoors etc( not just for football)

sell the programs.

next

feeder schools hs coach hires staff they are attached.

gotta have numbers get and keep kids out.

kids- they have tone disciplined but in and put in the work after school and summer.

All easier said than done.

2 hours ago, wbfan said:

Tell the folks in the Pear Orchard that. They're the ones with the inferiority complex.

Are you serious right now?  When the initial discussion was brought up, the folks west of I10 was giving an emphatic H no to that.  You know, the thought of having those lawyer and judges, kids and grandkids intermingling with the commoners.  Just like the big petition to stop that section 8 apartments from. Won’t build across the street from the school.  But what do I know?

18 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

Of course, I don't think the majority of you want Beaumont or PA to be successful.  If BISD were to go one school, the majority of y'all would 💩 all over it.  I know my countrymen 🤔😁😉

If Beaumont had 1 school, it would fail from within.   No reason for outsiders to wish for its failure, or complain about anything.

Too many old school ppl in Beaumont, and influential ppl in Beaumont they wouldn’t be able to let go of the last rivalries, racial things, etc.

There would be an abundance of talent that would rival any district.   But there would have to be a dang near total transformation of attitude and culture for any major progress to happen.    Not many coaches could handle all the BS from within the district, and from the community IMO.

There is no doubt that this was a terrible year for football in BISD. At no time, was either United or West Brook really in a game except for when they played each other. Sad state of events. This has to fall somewhat on whoever the athletic director is at that district. The one who makes decisions. It has also been a historical attachment that when someone says it just takes time to improve that we are really giving a pass for another year or two or three or four for mediocre coaching and results. Sure,  United will bring glory to BISD with basketball. Excellent program. Just an opinion , but I have to believe that there are enough quality athletes that Beaumont can be and should be at least somewhat respectable in all sports. Now Baseball at United , well that’s a stretch. In my opinion the baseball program there has been forgotten about by administration. However , coaching stipends and teacher salaries at BISD do not compare to the Channelviews, the CE Kings, the Barbers Hills, the Baytown schools. Not even close, which yes could contribute to the lack of applicants for those assistant coaching roles in football. I wish the best for BISD. Sometimes changes are the only way to shake up a sinking ship. Best of luck whatever the future decisions are in BISD. 

4 hours ago, Gametime5 said:

There is no doubt that this was a terrible year for football in BISD. At no time, was either United or West Brook really in a game except for when they played each other. Sad state of events. This has to fall somewhat on whoever the athletic director is at that district. The one who makes decisions. It has also been a historical attachment that when someone says it just takes time to improve that we are really giving a pass for another year or two or three or four for mediocre coaching and results. Sure,  United will bring glory to BISD with basketball. Excellent program. Just an opinion , but I have to believe that there are enough quality athletes that Beaumont can be and should be at least somewhat respectable in all sports. Now Baseball at United , well that’s a stretch. In my opinion the baseball program there has been forgotten about by administration. However , coaching stipends and teacher salaries at BISD do not compare to the Channelviews, the CE Kings, the Barbers Hills, the Baytown schools. Not even close, which yes could contribute to the lack of applicants for those assistant coaching roles in football. I wish the best for BISD. Sometimes changes are the only way to shake up a sinking ship. Best of luck whatever the future decisions are in BISD. 

Not true at all.  Remember, BU have won a game, and it was by several scores..

Unfortunately for BISD as well as several other area schools they've had a down year. They will get back up again and be in the heat of things. Being on the bottom end of your district is no fun but we as fans have to continue to support those kids no matter how we feel about the administrration or the coaches. If not then it is up to us to step in by running for school board and try and affect change or stability within the district.

On 11/5/2022 at 1:56 PM, navydawg31 said:

Time to set the aside the bs it’s 2022. Merge the High Schools. It’s worked out pretty well for PA. 

Depending on how u see it. Lincoln was actually turning the corner while the other schools were falling off. Then we had the all star team year one, but Colbert and others botched it. Once the talent ran dry and Colbert left, it got better , but never evolved cause the same way of thinking was there and still is today. Beaumont must ask themselves do they want to just win games or actually compete in the post season?? Getting a cupcake schedule and getting bounced isn’t a long term plan 

On 11/5/2022 at 11:09 AM, AggiesAreWe said:

No Beaumont school makes the football playoffs this season. That has not happened since the 1993 season when Central and West Brook missed the playoffs.

What is the issue? Players? Coaching? School support? Lack of interest? What is it?

There is too much talent in Beaumont Texas to not have at least one of their teams make the playoffs. Particularly when 4 teams go.

I know having both teams in 6A did not help, but the fact remains that the football in Beaumont looks to be on the decline.

All of the above except players. Starting at the top. BISD is sooo far behind in how high school football programs are run, from facilities, coaches schedules and pay including teacher salaries, middle school sports. Support meaning money and the importance of using sports to help academics. A lot has to change to make BISD just competitive if football again. WB is MILES closer then BU.

Until you get the discipline problem fixed in the hallways, you're not going to have discipline on the the field! The administrators have a problem and they don't know how to fix it, because all they do is make it worse with each decision they make regarding discipline in the district. Until that gets solved, you're not going to get any better!

On 11/6/2022 at 12:55 PM, Gametime5 said:

I beg to differ on Brook not being in games.. I can name you 4-5 games they were in for sure and just a play away from taking the lead. I can’t speak for BU but Brook I can speak for. Been to every game seen every play.. I think next year it will be different because the team was loaded with juniors and sophomores

I’ll say this. These kids need support in the classrooms and in the athletic program! Kids pay attention to social media and platforms as such. Nothing will kill a kid’s confidence quicker than them seeing adult criticize them in a negative way. Not only by the comments they read but the actions that come behind it in the stands. I remember when Brook went to state the stands was packed from everyone and not just Brook parents but the golden triangle. Only because they was winning. Same for BU that year they went 8-0 they had supporters but as soon as they went on a losing streak the fans disappeared. It’s sad that adults only support when winning is involved. 

On 11/7/2022 at 1:46 PM, parrothead said:

If you were to combine you would have many more athletes leave the district for the surrounding schools.  Around half of those currently participating would not be on the team and inevitably some of those that stayed would eventually leave because it is easier to make the team elsewhere.

People from west Brook already doing that without the combination of both schools. These parents are teaching their kids to chase winning programs. As soon as something happens that the parent don’t agree with by the coach they will pull their kid and transfer them. Especially when parents think their kids are ready for varsity as freshman and that’s in general not a WB thing. 

Go back to 6 HS’s, and bring community support back.  It would lower classifications, create a Beaumont-centric district, and bring tradition back.  But…….that’s not cool to not have a mega school, plus it’s hard enough to find teachers period, much less opening up new schools.  Grew up in Beaumont, went to BISD all the way until we moved north in HS.  Black and white, rich and poor - we all made it work. Now, go ahead and cut it to pieces.  

On 11/5/2022 at 1:50 PM, Austin1985 said:

The towns too big for 1 school.  Longevity in the HC's, dedicated feeders to United, and the UIL putting them with Pasadena or both dropping to 5A-D1 (which could happen) and BISD football will be better 

The only thing I’ll say on this is the middle schools weren’t designated to a specific HS when I was in school and Central and West Brook had no problem making the playoffs. Back then we had like 6 or 8 middle schools. I went to Vicent and half the players went on to Central.

Just now, raideroldtimer said:

But what about Legacy and Kelly? Kelly had a losing season this year and in district Legacy had a losing season although they went 6-4 overall.

Getting past season records for those two schools is pretty difficult.

My post was just regarding the UIL schools in Beaumont.

I truly go for the bmt schools.my wife is from bmt.so we do alot of sports over there.in football it's coaching period !! It's too much talent over there for them to be struggling like this.at some point both schools has to invest in coaching.like what both schools has done in basketball.i think Greene and boutte are great coaches.hoping the football teams can catch up.

BISD will always come down to admin and community.  Admin has to have things in place for coaches to be successful. No coordinators at 6a level are teaching actual class and in BISD they have them teaching like 5 periods of science a day. Put coaches in the halls to keep the schools under control, principals too, they have to get out of the principal offices. Community needs to support the coaches in place.  Hard for a coach to build a culture when the kids leave field house and everyone around them puts down the coaches and everything they do.