Bellville vs West Orange Stark

BBfan061

11 hours ago, #1stangfan said:

Returning 8 players on each side of the ball that lost in a good contest to the champ....that spells talent.

No it doesn't, necessarily. Only if those 8 players were starters and integral parts of the squad. You can have a 4 year guy ride the bench...does that mean talent to you? 

2 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

No it doesn't, necessarily. Only if those 8 players were starters and integral parts of the squad. You can have a 4 year guy ride the bench...does that mean talent to you? 

That's what 8/8 returning starters means my friend. A starter under CT last season was an integral part. Doesn't mean they are this season. But then again, we haven't had all of those 16 since week 3. Smh

4 hours ago, Fast Turtle said:

I think this will be a good game. It should be one of the closest scoring games between a #1 and #4 seed. 

What leads you to believe that?We haven’t done anything to make someone be worried about us,maybe you think Bellville is bad? I don’t think it’s going to be pretty,especially with the cold rain showing!

35 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

What leads you to believe that?We haven’t done anything to make someone be worried about us,maybe you think Bellville is bad? I don’t think it’s going to be pretty,especially with the cold rain showing!

Maybe Bellville isn’t as good as I think they are lol Is Shaw still playing for WOS?

On 11/6/2022 at 4:06 PM, GUNHO said:

In name only my friend,I'm not a pretender but WOS will not win this game,

here's where i'll disagree a bit.  Yes, WOS has had a terrible season by their standards, and yes, they've not responded well at all to the new coach.  But this is still the same talent that they fielded last year.  2-3 years from now, if things don't turn around, then yes, it'll be "in name only." but right now this team is full of kids who've had success in the program, and full of kids with a ton of talent.  So there is still a chance that they catch some spark and win this game.

16 hours ago, #1stangfan said:

There are some folks saying that WOS will be the most talented #4 seed in the playoffs.  I do understand the opponent, locals, fans are trying to be gracious but I WOULD HOPE THAT THEY ARE THE MOST TALENTED #4 team!!!!

Returning 8 players on each side of the ball that lost in a good contest to the champ....that spells talent.

Someone posted a quote from the coach.  Something to the effect “I think the players will be ready”.  What about the coaches????  Are they ready?  They haven’t been.  They are responsible for getting the players ready.  Hasn’t happened thus far.

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

That's what 8/8 returning starters means my friend. A starter under CT last season was an integral part. Doesn't mean they are this season. But then again, we haven't had all of those 16 since week 3. Smh

I get it if they were all starters (which is not what #1stangfan said). I was commenting simply that he said 8 players on each side of the ball...that could be bench warmers OR starters. His statement was ambiguous at best.

Also, I have it from pretty reliable sources they did not return 16 starters...

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

The same source that knew he was the coach in waiting before the job was open. Whether it was 1 or 22 that did not return, doesn't matter much to me. The fact remains we have lost kids because of the administrative decisions made that went against the community and tax payers. There will be more change coming. It didn't happen last May because most wanted to give him a chance. But there will be a BLUE & SILVER WAVE sweeping across the district in a few months.

4 hours ago, bullets13 said:

here's where i'll disagree a bit.  Yes, WOS has had a terrible season by their standards, and yes, they've not responded well at all to the new coach.  But this is still the same talent that they fielded last year.  2-3 years from now, if things don't turn around, then yes, it'll be "in name only." but right now this team is full of kids who've had success in the program, and full of kids with a ton of talent.  So there is still a chance that they catch some spark and win this game.

Same talent but a different program and  system.That's what has made that talent less talented.There is always a chance be it very slim though.

6 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I remember back in 1999 when the West Canaan Coyotes coach was pushed out and the team moved on to win a championship without a head coach. An injured qb took over playcalling duties and the team won a championship. 

Who says lightning can’t strike twice?

Mox was a stud! He should've stuck with the cheerleader though. 🤷🏾‍♂️😁

5 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

I get it if they were all starters (which is not what #1stangfan said). I was commenting simply that he said 8 players on each side of the ball...that could be bench warmers OR starters. His statement was ambiguous at best.

you are right. very much right. A buddy of mine who is a top notch source(DCTF) told me the Blue&Silver indeed did NOT have 16 returning starters this season.  They had 15.

O/D 7/8

12 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

The same source that knew he was the coach in waiting before the job was open. Whether it was 1 or 22 that did not return, doesn't matter much to me. The fact remains we have lost kids because of the administrative decisions made that went against the community and tax payers. There will be more change coming. It didn't happen last May because most wanted to give him a chance. But there will be a BLUE & SILVER WAVE sweeping across the district in a few months.

No, H didn’t give me that information. And I was simply pointing out that the “talent” weren’t necessarily starters.