What's wrong with Vidor and Nederland?

LCM landed a keeper, but an honest question - how many Peevey’s are out there lined up ready to come to Vidor, Nederland, or most other towns?  Bob cast his bait out there and catches a 12 pound largemouth bass.  Bill & Tom cast in the same cove, with similar baits and the best they get are two pounders.  That cove doesn’t have that many 12 pounders, or perhaps Bill & Tom don’t have the exactly right bait.  Heck, they had 5 pounders before they got in that cove.  Those two pounders won’t win no tournaments.  Maybe Bill & Tom should’ve went golfing.

So I ask again, how many Peevey’s are out there looking for a HC job?

@Mr. Buddy Garrity Nederland has growing pains to work out… you saw first hand at the potential these young dogs have, 

When the schedule came out I knew we could go 0-3… but when district rolls around we will be very well battle tested and ready to play. Barrow and company didn’t do no cupcakes this year they wanted all the smoke… PA, WOS and Silsbee are very very respectful and talented rich programs. 

1 minute ago, navydawg31 said:

@Mr. Buddy Garrity Nederland has growing pains to work out… you saw first hand at the potential these young dogs have, 

When the schedule came out I knew we could go 0-3… but when district rolls around we will be very well battle tested and ready to play. Barrow and company didn’t do no cupcakes this year they wanted all the smoke… PA, WOS and Silsbee are very very respectful and talented rich programs. 

I know. 

15 minutes ago, Hagar said:

LCM landed a keeper, but an honest question - how many Peevey’s are out there lined up ready to come to Vidor, Nederland, or most other towns?  Bob cast his bait out there and catches a 12 pound largemouth bass.  Bill & Tom cast in the same cove, with similar baits and the best they get are two pounders.  That cove doesn’t have that many 12 pounders, or perhaps Bill & Tom don’t have the exactly right bait.  Heck, they had 5 pounders before they got in that cove.  Those two pounders won’t win no tournaments.  Maybe Bill & Tom should’ve went golfing.

So I ask again, how many Peevey’s are out there looking for a HC job?

I believe Mathews is a good coach and gets the most of the players he has. LCM offered Peevy a very good salary and bring what ever coach he wants. With that he was able to get his coordinators more money so they came along. There are coaches out there that are hungry you just have take a chance on them. 

Nederland has started with an extremely tough schedule.  The game against PAM should’ve been closer than it was, and there will be some growing pains there.  The vidor blowout loss to a Silsbee team they beat the year before, combined with a pretty convincing loss to a Santa Fe team that went 0-10 last year is a lot more concerning than the Nederland situation.  

3 minutes ago, BattlinBear02 said:

🤦 My twin sons are seniors on this LCM team ...I've been watching these same kids play since flag football lol 

Some people just can’t accept what a new culture and hard working kids can do. LCM isnt supposed to be good so they must be doing something wrong or cheating/recruiting. According to some folks. 

51 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I believe Mathews is a good coach and gets the most of the players he has. LCM offered Peevy a very good salary and bring what ever coach he wants. With that he was able to get his coordinators more money so they came along. There are coaches out there that are hungry you just have take a chance on them. 

I think Matthews is a good Coach also, but the point is Peevey is an exceptionally good Coach.  LCM was lucky to snatch him, and will be even luckier to keep him.

8 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I think Matthews is a good Coach also, but the point is Peevey is an exceptionally good Coach.  LCM was lucky to snatch him, and will be even luckier to keep him.

I dont see him leaving he transferred his kids to lcm. His wife is a lcm graduate and all is family lives in OC

55 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Oh I know, don’t get me started. It’s a prize position that didn’t pan out and they forcing it to try and make it work. IMO Move the sophomore to QB1 and the other guy to a TE position… but I don’t make the big bucks to make that call. 

There will still be the group that no matter what moves or made by any head coach will give negative criticism. Already was a post negative about moving #12 to QB. Damned if you Do, Damned if you Don’t”. Even Neuman & Faircloth had constant criticism in their best years. 

6 minutes ago, KF89 said:

There will still be the group that no matter what moves or made by any head coach will give negative criticism. Already was a post negative about moving #12 to QB. Damned if you Do, Damned if you Don’t”. Even Neuman & Faircloth had constant criticism in their best years. 

You are exactly right. Faircloth and PNG had some down years then went on a terror for several seasons. Nederland had 2 rough patch years just like what they are going through then ran through district undefeated for a few years… I trust the process. Sometimes I scratch my head at calls but I trust barrow and company to get them ready for district play