Vidor vs Silsbee

Stangfan#1

Who wins?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/26/2022 at 11:00 PM

If silsbee gets up early like they did last yr I don't see this vidor team fighting back late in the game, not that I think the vidor team will lay down this team has more 2 way players than I can remember in along time. If they stay healthy conditioning will improve and they will get better but this week I got silsbee 38-21

Don’t really have a score prediction, just hoping for a win with no injuries. I believe there will be some growing pains offensively with us having a QB playing his first game as a QB in the Slot T but I think he’ll get better as he gets more live action. The multiple 2 way players is concerning also but I have faith the coaches will get the kids in the right spots to be competitive.

Lets Go Pirates!🏴‍☠️

20 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Vidor getting move in's at QB?

No sir, he played linebacker last year. This will be his first real game under center besides the 2 scrimmages. A lot of timing involved at that position in the slot T. I think he’ll get better and better after each game. He’s a baller for sure. If DBs think there going to come up an lay the boom on him they’re probably going to end up on their back. He’d rather run over them then go out of bounds.

I had a feeling that was going to happen, my wife who helps with concessions and project graduation said they were gearing up for the game to be moved to Vidor a few days ago based on what they were being told. I hate it for the Silsbee kids but it’ll be nice to have an extra home game this year.  We’ve definitely lost our fair share of home games over the last few years due to uncontrollable reasons. 

Go Pirates!!🏴‍☠️

No reason why, just got a feeling it’ll be a sloppy game by both teams.  Probably like that feeling you get trying to hit an inside straight.  But first game jitters combined with the weather, is the perfect combination for fumbles, stumbles, falls and what alls.

Hope I’m wrong!

7 hours ago, Bobcats0809 said:

After watching the Silsbee & OF scrimmage I think Vidor Wins 

Guess we didnt see the same thing.

I remember several, wont give it a number, finger tip passes that were missed for 6.  Not just Miller either.

Folks would be reminded that this is no longer a team of sophomores.

DEEP depth @ running back, DEEP depth @ receiver.  Improved defense.  Improved special teams.  Strong JUNIOR class.

QB timing, youth in the trenches are the only things im even remotely concerned with.  If those settle, game on.  

Silsbee did struggle a bit on the Slot T, as usual,  but not enough to be that definitive.

Anything can happen but do not expect the late collapses and 4th qtr struggles if Silsbee gets up.

Besides the WOS game, lets be honest here, District with the Stangs is something of a ridiculous mental block.

4 out of 5 Silsbee losses were a combined 14 points.  Total.  All of those happened late in 4th qtr.

jmo

23 hours ago, STiger85 said:

Hate the game is getting moved, but mother nature rules. I want to see Silsbee come out and play like we did last year against Vidor, all except the last six minutes of the game. Looking forward to a good game and as always picking Silsbee to win, yes a homer pick. TigerNation!!!

They were actually out there today, Sunday, working,  better take advantage of gaps they have this week!!