Vidor 7 Huffman-Hargrave 13/Final

AggiesAreWe

1 minute ago, bullets13 said:

The clock keeper is trying to screw the pirates.  One of the pirate linemen said a no-no to the ref and got 15 yds for it. I understand the frustration. 

He did way more than that. He rushed up to the ball 3-4 times when the refs were trying to fix the clock. 

Just now, Boneyard Boys said:

13-7 Huffman wins 

Vidor feels it and gets a loss out of their system but now we have to beat Lumberton or things get really crazy.

I’m concerned about that and any playoff scenarios with the injuries we suffered tonight.

We had our injury bug earlier this year. Horrible experience. Prayers up for all those boys. Vidor plays tough. Every year

• bullets13 changed the title to Vidor 7 Huffman-Hargrave 13/Final
3 minutes ago, texbuzz said:

And that’s ballgame. Huffman came to play. 

13-7 Huffman wins. 

They brought it on senior night, figured they would. Why do we always get the bottom of the barrel referee crews when we play you guys? The clock operator should not be doing high school football games and should be banned from every stadium in the area. Stupid pass and long return was the difference in the game. Oh well, you can’t win them all but you do have to beat Lumberton.

Certainly some interesting officiating tonight.  Not saying it cost Vidor the game, but they sure didn’t help.  By far the most penalties Vidor has gotten all year.  Way by far I’m thinking.  And spotting the ball - lol, they turned it into an art form, especially that heavy set old umpire.

7 minutes ago, Stangfan#1 said:

Don't blame it on the refs vidor should of came play tonight they wayy better then that

No question our offense did not look good tonight; but...

some of that officiating bordered on incompetence. My bet is it should be an interesting learning experience for the refs when they review the film.😎

2 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

How in the world should the refs have to stop the game to correct the clock keeper on almost every single play on the final drive? That’s some janky home cooking crappolla.

I was pulling for HH (pickems), but had no dog in the fight.  It sure seemed shady to me.  vidor got a massive 15-yd penalty out of frustration over it, and kept getting knocked out of rhythm.  That said, I doubt it made much of a difference.  Hard to drive most of the field running the ball with 1:30 left.

With the injuries Vidor has, I don’t see how they beat Ltown.  Looks like a fourth seed & one and done.  When running the Slot T, losing that many RB’s is the equivalent of other teams losing their QB and 2 top receivers.  Cest la vie.