Vidor 7 Huffman-Hargrave 13/Final

AggiesAreWe

19 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I was pulling for HH (pickems), but had no dog in the fight.  It sure seemed shady to me.  vidor got a massive 15-yd penalty out of frustration over it, and kept getting knocked out of rhythm.  That said, I doubt it made much of a difference.  Hard to drive most of the field running the ball with 1:30 left.

We had plenty of chances to break one and take it to the house but it always seemed like the last guy would make the tackle and get us down.

Just now, Boneyard Boys said:

We had plenty of chances to break one and take it to the house but it always seemed like the last guy would tackle us and get us down.

Boys give it their all but with backups in the blocking suffered on the outside.  Backups just don’t have the experience and I’m sure nerves were wound tight.  We’ve been lucky injury wise, but it all caught up with us tonight.

49 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

How in the world should the refs have to stop the game to correct the clock keeper on almost every single play on the final drive? That’s some janky home cooking crappolla.

I don’t know why they can’t get that right. I would think the clock guy needs to watch one ref and run the clock off of his direction. The refs made sure they put time back on but also gave Vidor an extra second here and there.  

Vidor tried to play uptempo that last possession. But they don’t look like that is something they practice or do regularly. Also, every play has 10 offensive players in a heap, the ball needs to be retrieved and set. The offense sets in a rush to the line then snap. It’s like a rhythm thing. But when they are waiting for the ref to set the ball, and get out of the way, it looked awkward. I am pretty sure the center was frustrated and the coaches too.  Game was getting away from the refs at that point and they were trying to reign it in a little without affecting the outcome. Not a great job. Again. 

51 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Boys give it their all but with backups in the blocking suffered on the outside.  Backups just don’t have the experience and I’m sure nerves were wound tight.  We’ve been lucky injury wise, but it all caught up with us tonight.

That’s what hurts about losing #7 he’s a great runner but the coaches absolutely love the blocking he does when the ball doesn’t go to him. If he’s out for an extended period of time then that will hurt our offense and you saw some of those problems tonight with the run blocking.

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

The clock keeper is trying to screw the pirates.  One of the pirate linemen said a no-no to the ref and got 15 yds for it. I understand the frustration. 

Wish I could get that clock operators name so I could send him a Christmas card. To be honest the refs really didn’t help him at all but if you’ve ran the clock before you know what to do, stops on first downs to move the chains and set the ball etc. The head official would not signal for crap, the ref on Vidor sideline was trying to signal for stoppage but he was the only one and even when we called a timeout he just kind of stood there signaling. Show some damn pep dude there’s a lot at stake here… run out onto the middle of the field signaling and blowing your whistle like a good official should be doing. They were all acting so chill when we expect them to show some initiative there in the end game scenario. I’ve never seen a clock operator be the direct cause a penalty on the field until tonight.

17 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

That’s what hurts about losing #7 he’s a great runner but the coaches absolutely love the blocking he does when the ball doesn’t go to him. If he’s out for an extended period of time then that will hurt our offense and you saw some of those problems tonight with the run blocking.

missed the game and the game thread, who besides Seppy got hurt, Rodgers?  Linemen?

1 hour ago, MYHOUSE said:

Watching it On Texanlive it sure looked like they found the oldest, slowest and most out of shape refs to work this game. 

Same as last years game vs HH in Vidor we had an out of shape crew that couldn’t spot the ball or control the game. Different crew but definitely looked like they should be playing in the beer drinker softball league and not officiating a high school football game. Both close games Vidor lost in similar fashion with questionable reffing at best.

6 minutes ago, Tim Riggins said:

missed the game and the game thread, who besides Seppy got hurt, Rodgers?  Linemen?

Seppy out, possibly for the season if what I heard is true. Rodgers tweaked an ankle and missed time. Little #1 replaced Sep and got knocked out of the game. On the final drive we were using some of our DBs on offense, luckily our fullbacks and QB made it out ok. Hopefully #4 can come back in the next couple of weeks, he’s been out for a couple of games now.

2 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Same as last years game vs HH in Vidor we had an out of shape crew that couldn’t spot the ball or control the game. Different crew but definitely looked like they should be playing in the beer drinker softball league and not officiating a high school football game. Both close games Vidor lost in similar fashion with questionable reffing at best.

Be interesting to see the penalty comparison.