Vidor 7 Huffman-Hargrave 13/Final

AggiesAreWe

3 minutes ago, Tim Riggins said:

Wow, bad time of year for injuries, but that's football.  Yeah Gall was doing good before he got hurt. Thin at RB now .  Hope not to the point of raiding JV.....

Going to have to raid their RBs, hate to be raiding JV but we have to be the raiders and pull out all the stops to beat the Raiders. Going from a good shot at the 1 seed and district title to the 4 seed and 1 and done would be devastating. I don’t want to see that for these boys, they experienced it already last year.

1 minute ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Going to have to raid their RBs, hate to be raiding JV but we have to be the raiders and pull out all the stops to beat the Raiders. Going from a good shot at the 1 seed and district title to the 4 seed and 1 and done would be devastating. I don’t want to see that for these boys, they experienced it already last year.

I agree, that 4 seed is a ticket to an early exit.  This team, at least prior to these injuries were on the way to something better.

I have to hand it to the Falcons though, we weren’t able to push them around like we have other teams and unlike other teams they did not wear down as the game wore on. Even though we ran a ton of plays at them they hung tough, their defense always gives us problems with their ability to sell out, shoot gaps and make tackles. Plus when you break into the open field you aren’t outrunning their safeties, they keep their QB back there so it shuts down our big play capabilities.

4 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I have to hand it to the Falcons though, we weren’t able to push them around like we have other teams and unlike other teams they did not wear down as the game wore on. Even though we ran a ton of plays at them they hung tough, their defense always gives us problems with their ability to sell out, shoot gaps and make tackles. Plus when you break into the open field you aren’t outrunning their safeties, they keep their QB back there so it shuts down our big play capabilities.

Comparable to Jasper defense?

5 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

How many times did y’all throw the ball?

I still think we beat Lumberton though, our defense looked just fine tonight. Actually played good and got some turnovers via the interception. Pass rush was there all night, Lumberton better bring it in the trenches and block us for 3 seconds or get the ball out quickly. The defense is not banged up at all but we are going to have to find a way to move the ball on offense. Lumberton is not known for their defense usually, so maybe we can get some push against them that we did not get from the offensive line tonight.

2 minutes ago, Tim Riggins said:

Comparable to Jasper defense?

That’s what I was thinking, they played a similar strategy. Keep two guys back, guard the edges and keep us from turning the corner outside. Shoot gaps and make plays at opportune times. They basically funneled everything to the middle, kept everything within the tackles and lived with the results. Got a similar outcome too, allowed Vidor to move the ball between the 20s but tightened up in the red zone.

3 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I still think we beat Lumberton though, our defense looked just fine tonight. Actually played good and got some turnovers via the interception. Pass rush was there all night, Lumberton better bring it in the trenches and block us for 3 seconds or get the ball out quickly. The defense is not banged up at all but we are going to have to find a way to move the ball on offense. Lumberton is not known for their defense usually, so maybe we can get some push against them that we did not get from the offensive line tonight.

Lumberton throws the ball 30 to 40 times. Short routes to multiple receivers. I felt like huffman only through the ball 2 receivers the whole game. 

20 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

How many times did y’all throw the ball?

1 too many lol it was a first half interception that flipped the game on its head. We had the ball driving deep into HH territory with about a minute before halftime, decided to throw it on 3rd and long. Got picked and almost returned all the way to the house but allowed HH to score just before halftime. Little did we know it would be the last score of the game, if we run it twice there maybe we get a first down and can score but worst case we go to halftime with the game tied 7-7 and our ball coming out. I think we had 1 completion and 2 interceptions one of them was the last second Hail Mary though. We did pick off HH 3 times I think so maybe we can get some picks vs Lumberton.

12 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Lumberton throws the ball 30 to 40 times. Short routes to multiple receivers. I felt like huffman only through the ball 2 receivers the whole game. 

They won’t have the ball long enough to throw it 30 to 40 times if they allow our offense to move the ball. Can we do that idk, we lost some key offensive players tonight. Does Ltown have a stout defense? It’s going to be an interesting game of two completely different styles. HH basically used their QB (stud), 2 receivers running 3 different routes and a swing pass out of the backfield. Looks like if you guys take care of business next week you get a share of the DC no matter how the other games shake out.

2 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

They won’t have the ball long enough to throw it 30 to 40 times if they allow our offense to move the ball. Can we do that idk, we lost some key offensive players tonight. Does Ltown have a stout defense? It’s going to be an interesting game of two completely different styles. HH basically used their QB (stud), 2 receivers running 3 different routes and a swing pass out of the backfield.

Lumberton defense isn’t bad. I think we rushed around 280 yards on them threw over a 100. But your talking about 2 different style of offenses. Coach Reyes is new so I don’t know how he will get them ready for the slot t. Lumberton Qb is not a dual threat so he’s going to beat you with his arm. They do have a 250 running back lol he’s a load

6 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Lumberton defense isn’t bad. I think we rushed around 280 yards on them threw over a 100. But your talking about 2 different style of offenses. Coach Reyes is new so I don’t know how he will get them ready for the slot t. Lumberton Qb is not a dual threat so he’s going to beat you with his arm. They do have a 250 running back lol he’s a load

Yea, only thing that worries me is we played pretty soft coverage all night. Basically gave them whatever they wanted on the short routes but didn’t allow any big plays over the top. Not sure how that will play against a team like Lumberton, might have to tighten up the coverage and that could open up the deep shot. Long routes take time though and that sets up our pass rush with a chance to tee off. I just don’t like watching us getting dink and dunked on with the quick short passing game though. I remember Santa Fe coming into Vidor and eating us up with that a few years ago.

5 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Lol! 250lb RB! Not a dual threat QB!

1 minute ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Yea, only thing that worries me is we played pretty soft coverage all night. Basically game them whatever they wanted on the short routes but didn’t allow any big plays over the top. Not sure how that will play against a team like Lumberton, might have to tighten up the coverage and that could open up the deep shot. Long routes take time though and that sets up our pass rush with a chance to tee off. I just don’t like watching us getting dink and dunked on with the short passing game though. I remember Santa Fe coming into Vidor and eating us up with that a few years ago.

Yeah you don’t want to play soft against Lumberton. They throw the ball around a lot. 7 to 10 yard passes. It’s like run plays man lol. I thought we would stop them and they would throw for a first down. The longest play they had on us was 30 yards 

1 minute ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Yeah you don’t want to play soft against Lumberton. They throw the ball around a lot. 7 to 10 yard passes. It’s like run plays man lol. I thought we would stop them and they would throw for a first down. The longest play they had on us was 30 yards 

That could neutralize our defensive line, going to be a big test for the secondary. Does Lumberton line up in the shotgun every play? That’s what HH did but their QB is definitely a dual threat, anytime he held the ball though we were after him but he’s good enough to run away from you sometimes.