Was Punishment to Hard on Devin Mccain

BADSANTA

Let's get one thing straight, Devon's punishment was not solely based off that 9 second video. Complete video's from both teams were viewed, people were interviewed and decisions were made based off that info.

SISD and it's athletic programs have policies that deal with fighting. The punishment was based on all that criteria.

I feel really bad for the young man. He made a terrible decision. He now has to face the consequences. I hope he learns from this incident tremendously. Everyone makes mistakes or makes bad decisions. You just cannot keep making the same mistakes or bad decisions.

3 minutes ago, freeze 1914 said:

now i hear the kid that threw the first punch only got a 1 game suspension. How true is this?

LC-M ISD determines the punishment for their students/athletes. That is their decision.

The DEC will be meeting soon and could hand down larger punishments for the players involved.

2 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

LC-M ISD determines the punishment for their students/athletes. That is their decision.

The DEC will be meeting soon and could hand down larger punishments for the players involved.

okay thanks. That's what I was asking basically. He was super wrong for the punch. I wanted to know was it something that led to the incident by devon

37 minutes ago, wosfan1992 said:

Mccain did NOT have to leave the bench to do what he did. His life was not in no type of danger. He took it upon hisself to sneak up on a young man who was minding his business not even involved in the altercation to lay a cheap shot on him. If he was playing for WOS i know for a FACT Coach Thompson wouldn't allow him to play another sport there. Just because he's one of the top players doesn't give him special treatments 

+1, Its a no-brainer

28 minutes ago, Who That said:

Sounds to me by all your post you are scared to death of Devon being on the court  huh ???

Why would i be scared of him??? I could care LESS for basketball most definitely. My nephew has his rings from his sport (Football). So i'm a happy camper. Just stating what i saw 

2 minutes ago, wosfan1992 said:

Why would i be scared of him??? I could care LESS for basketball most definitely. My nephew has his rings from his sport (Football). So i'm a happy camper. Just stating what i saw 

"He could care less about basketball"

Leave the man alone wosfan1922 is just here for a good time because the football forums are dead

2 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

I feel it was myself. I think 5 games and maybe 50 hours of commun5servicd and a public apologize would be proper. I think the district took it too far. This is just my opinion. I have seen kids get do worst and get less. 

i have also seen kids do more and get less that doesnt make it right. i was shocked no charges were pressed this is just my opinion not sure if the district went far enough 

28 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Let's get one thing straight, Devon's punishment was not solely based off that 9 second video. Complete video's from both teams were viewed, people were interviewed and decisions were made based off that info.

SISD and it's athletic programs have policies that deal with fighting. The punishment was based on all that criteria.

I feel really bad for the young man. He made a terrible decision. He now has to face the consequences. I hope he learns from this incident tremendously. Everyone makes mistakes or makes bad decisions. You just cannot keep making the same mistakes or bad decisions.

Voice of reason.  Finally.

Like I said earlier...it could have ben avoided so I don't care what the punishment is.  If I were the coach the season would be over for him.  But as stated earlier...not solely up to the coach.  And even if suspended 5 games...not sure how much playing time I would want a kid to have who's missed 5 games because of a bad decision.  My opinion is that I would stick with the kids that had won playoff games up to that point.  Assuming they're still playing when/if his suspension was over.  That's just me.

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

If it was a white kid would you have the same feeling? What about to kid from BC with the Internet racist post? The QB from Celina? The kid who threw the 1st punch got 1 game. 

You are correct. Adams threw the first punch in the course of heated action on the floor, got a flagrant foul, and a 1 game suspension. All punishments seem very appropriate.

17 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

The pep rally is for supporting the team during this time. It's also about lifting a young man up after making a terrible decision.

The rally is not about making excuses.

Do you remember the big rally BC had to support the team after the Twitter incident this fall? 

No. Because there wasn't one. 

Some things are just indefensible. 

#nodevonnotigers?

This is a chance for Coach Smith and Silsbee ISD to change the widely-held PERCEPTION that Silsbee runs out of control programs where bad behaviors and actual crimes are overlooked like they have been in the past. 

7 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Do you remember the big rally BC had to support the team after the Twitter incident this fall? 

No. Because there wasn't one. 

Some things are just indefensible. 

#nodevonnotigers?

This is a chance for Coach Smith and Silsbee ISD to change the widely-held PERCEPTION that Silsbee runs out of control programs where bad behaviors and actual crimes are overlooked like they have been in the past

Still waiting on that hearsay video from the BC game