Was Punishment to Hard on Devin Mccain

BADSANTA

17 minutes ago, Tiger05 said:

Can't really talk about about another Orange kid getting punched by Silsbee in a public forum until you bring the evidence public. We understand you think Devon is a thug so share with us his background up untill the LCM game.

#hearsay

Seems like AAW has seen the video, and it is fact.  ??????

6 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

We normally talk about the defendant's background during the punishment phase of a trial, after the defendant has been convicted of doing something EXACTLY LIKE WHAT #3 DID TUESDAY NIGHT. 

But keep defending him and his actions. 

Never said what Devon did at the LCM game was acceptable

You & others on the other hand have a personal agenda to put him in the ground

Just keep calling schools with many black athletes THUGS & see where that gets you

Honestly, at this point, it matters ZERO what anyone thinks of the punishment.  It is what it is.  Focus better shift to how Silsbee will handle playing without the kid.  And I love when people say things like "we'll be ok"... "business as usual"...

Easy to say.  But, if anyone thinks that this won't change things then they are foolish.

24 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

In regards to the incident that folks are talking about in the BC game, I saw the video. Player did strike BC player in back of head.

I saw the BC video also it is a no doubter. 

I was and still am all about this kid getting his punishment along with every other kid on that floor that was involved. Punishment has been dealt and in my book when punishment is served the kid has a clean slate. I hope he learns from this and has a successful career from there on out.  

He along with the town can grow from this incident or opt to let it drag them down, the very near future will tell us which way this will go.

4 minutes ago, Who That said:

I have heard now the UIL is saying Devons punishment is to harsh.! Should be out a few games but not the rest of the year. 

Just my 2 cents..  It's not the UIL's business to step in and decide how a school district carries out something in their athletic policy.  Just saying.  

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Do you remember the big rally BC had to support the team after the Twitter incident this fall? 

No. Because there wasn't one. 

Some things are just indefensible. 

#nodevonnotigers?

This is a chance for Coach Smith and Silsbee ISD to change the widely-held PERCEPTION that Silsbee runs out of control programs where bad behaviors and actual crimes are overlooked like they have been in the past. 

You need to be quiet. All you do is show up on Silsbee threads and bad mouth the kids and the community.

If they want to have a pep rally to support the basketball team, so be it.

It does not affect you one way or the other.

12 minutes ago, Who That said:

I have heard now the UIL is saying Devons punishment is to harsh.! Should be out a few games but not the rest of the year. 

Maybe let's do away with any suspension. Go old school and stay after school one day and write "I will keep my hands to myself" a hundred times on the blackboard.  

Here's a thought - how about a public apology from Devon to the player he blindsided? Maybe that's already happened, i don't know but if I'm his coach than I make sure that happens. A pep rally for this would completely send the wrong message to everyone. That type of behavior should not be condoned, excused or celebrated. I noticed the agressive nature of the team at state last year. You want them to be aggressive but they act like they never foul? Some of the worst attitudes I've ever seen. This is on the coach, he didn't seem to have much control over the team then and apparently not now either.

They have some phenomenal athletes but also some of the poorest sportsmanship I've ever witnessed. Those things are 100% correctable. They have the talent to get back to state but mentally i'm not sure. When things don't go their way they struggle. 

Having a pep rally after this is a JOKE. This is what is wrong with kids now days. My parents would have disciplined me and the coach I played for would have ran the ones of us who were still on the team until we puked. I can then promise you we would have thought twice before ever doing it again. This is what's wrong with kids today, having a pep rally when they do something wrong is moronic. Discipline them all and you won't have to worry about it ever happening again. I'm not blaming all this on either team, Silsbee and LCM should both handle their teams this way. Part of being a TEAM is everyone is responsible for anyone on the teams actions. Instead this is being handled as a poor me situation, and that is sad. Especially the adults on here defending the kids. AAW I appreciate your honesty and integrity and showing no bias here. If everyone acted like him in all places, the world wouldn't be in the shape it is right now. Race, where you are from, your family, nothing should change the way you feel about a situation like this. Like several people have said, nobody is saying he is a bad kid, but he has behaved badly on more than one occasion. Quit crying and take the punishment and move on. That is directed to the people on here crying, not the kid.

18 minutes ago, Pepper Brooks said:

You need to be quiet. All you do is show up on Silsbee threads and bad mouth the kids and the community.

If they want to have a pep rally to support the basketball team, so be it.

It does not affect you one way or the other.

Drop by any Silsbee player's Twitter and see what the rally is for. 

Its all about support for the kid that is rightfully suspended for the year. 

Or, go back to last week when BC fans were complaining about the same kid  cheap-shotting our kids (verified by AAW), and the same Silsbee fans were on the boards defending this kid's thuggish behavior... 

Maybe if some of the fans, coaches, or parents had stepped up and addressed this young man's behavior, he'd still be available for the playoffs. 

#nodevonnotigers  

pep rally to support the kid at the high school today at 5:30. 

3 minutes ago, Trojan 87 said:

Here's a thought - how about a public apology from Devon to the player he blindsided? Maybe that's already happened, i don't know but if I'm his coach than I make sure that happens. A pep rally for this would completely send the wrong message to everyone. That type of behavior should not be condoned, excused or celebrated. I noticed the agressive nature of the team at state last year. You want them to be aggressive but they act like they never foul? Some of the worst attitudes I've ever seen. This is on the coach, he didn't seem to have much control over the team then and apparently not now either.

They have some phenomenal athletes but also some of the poorest sportsmanship I've ever witnessed. Those things are 100% correctable. They have the talent to get back to state but mentally i'm not sure. When things don't go their way they struggle. 

I agree with you on the apology but think it should be a private apology, face to face with the young man who was hit and his family.  A public one is fine, but the public isn't who was injured here.  

2 minutes ago, BigHoops said:

I agree with you on the apology but think it should be a private apology, face to face with the young man who was hit and his family.  A public one is fine, but the public isn't who was injured here.  

A public assault deserves a public apology in my opinion - but at a minimum it should be done in private. I see a lot of folks on here concerned about Devon. The kid from LCM not so much.