Was Punishment to Hard on Devin Mccain

BADSANTA

5 minutes ago, One4All said:

Silsbee really needs to clean up the way they're guards play......

I said this weeks ago, but everyone seems to not understand or know what I was referring to.  This type of play by their guards has been consistent "hand checking to the face".  FYI...Silsbee's gurads are too good for this type of play.

i feel like you've made this point 20 times in the last 2 days.  i think we all now understand that you feel this way.  quoting yourself is unnecessary. 

2 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Right. Because that's what you do when your team screws up. Throw a party?

Nobody from BC was protesting or publicly defending our kids' action. And I might add that the act of posting an offensive meme is a far cry from the brutal assault we all watched #3 commit on his unsuspecting victim. 

The fact that the team is tweeting #nodevonnotigers and the community is rallying to support the team and their thuggish behaviors two days after a game was ended early after a brawl involving the whole team indicates to me that the problem at Silsbee at is not just "a kid making a bad decision," but rather another example of this particular community condoning terrible, and sometimes criminal behavior from its student ath-o-letes.  

As #3 & #0 Was brutally assaulting #5 for Silsbee.!

6 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Nobody from BC was protesting or publicly defending our kids' action. And I might add that the act of posting an offensive meme is a far cry from the brutal assault we all watched #3 commit on his unsuspecting victim. 

The fact that the team is tweeting #nodevonnotigers and the community is rallying to support the team and their thuggish behaviors two days after a game was ended early after a brawl involving the whole team indicates to me that the problem at Silsbee at is not just "a kid making a bad decision," but rather another example of this particular community condoning terrible, and sometimes criminal behavior from its student ath-o-letes.  

I saw with my own eyes plenty of support from his teammates and I'm sure he had it from the community.   I'm not saying they should have cast him away.  I hope he learned not to be an ignorant racist and has grown from it.  

I also see a difference in the actions of the two. And there was a difference in the punishments. One wasn't harsh enough imo.  But that's up to the school and not my call.  Therefore my opinion on that matter is irrelevant.  

8 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

So we just lump an entire community? Ok.

Is it fair to lump an entire BC community off of that meme? Kind of stupid, isn't it?

Got news for ya, the entire Silsbee community will not be at this rally.

8 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

.I saw with my own eyes plenty of support from his teammates and I'm sure he had it from the community.   I'm not saying they should have cast him away.  I hope he learned not to be an ignorant racist and has grown from it.  

I also see a difference in the actions of the two. And there was a difference in the punishments. One wasn't harsh enough imo.  But that's up to the school and not my call.  Therefore my opinion on that matter is irrelevant.  

3 minutes ago, Who That said:

Nobody is upset about the the fight that happened... other than maybe the fact that it happens an awful lot when Silsbee faces anybody in any sport, pretty much. 

A fight is a fight. Suspensions were handed down. It is what it is. Running up the court to punch an unsuspecting player from behind, 50 feet from the actual fight is a completely different story. Since this kid's parents, team, and coaches have apparently not gotten that important lesson through to this young man, the duty to teach him this lesson has now fallen to school administration.  If they are still unable to convince this young man of the error of his ways, I suspect that the next person that tries to teach young Mr. McCain this valuable lesson will be wearing a black robe. 

Will Silsbee rally to support this young man the next time he attacks someone? I guess it depends on whether or not he's still playing for the Tigers.  

14 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

3 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Nobody is upset about the the fight that happened... other than maybe the fact that it happens an awful lot when Silsbee faces anybody in any sport, pretty much. 

A fight is a fight. Suspensions were handed down. It is what it is. Running up the court to punch an unsuspecting player from behind, 50 feet from the actual fight is a completely different story. Since this kid's parents, team, and coaches have apparently not gotten that important lesson through to this young man, the duty to teach him this lesson has now fallen to school administration.  If they are still unable to convince this young man of the error of his ways, I suspect that the next person that tries to teach young Mr. McCain this valuable lesson will be wearing a black robe. 

Will Silsbee rally to support this young man the next time he attacks someone? I guess it depends on whether or not he's still playing for the Tigers.  

Don't was you're typing man, you are talking to the problem.

3 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

But part of your point is well taken.  Silsbee, deservedly or not, is getting a bad reputation that is not reflective of the good folks there. They do need to be mindful of how they handle things from here on out to improve that stigma and not add to it. 

they re only learning from the rest of the U.S./world....lets protest or is (Rioting)looting/assaulting/burning vehicles I get confused now on the difference between the two.

I will say though that my son's team played the 11/12 year old Silsbee lil dribbler team and got beat by more than 40 and it could ve been worse.  The players and coaches showed good sportsmanship and class

I have seen different ideas of this pep rally.  I would hope if one is held it is in support of the team and yes even to let Devon know that we aren't turning our backs on him.  I don't think this would be an appropriate way to protest the punishment.  I have planned on being there to support the team.  And I will and already have  let Devon know I will be there to support him any way I can.  Now if this rally is held and becomes a protest then I will leave.  I think if you feel a need to protest the punishment it should be done in a way that will garner a response instead of one that may cause more strife.

i have also heard that this rally will not be allowed to happen.

6 minutes ago, ST413 said:

I have seen different ideas of this pep rally.  I would hope if one is held it is in support of the team and yes even toilet Devon know that we aren't turning our backs on him.  I don't think this would be an appropriate way to protest the punishment.  I have planned on being there to support the team.  And I will and already have  let Devon know I will be there to support him any way I can.  Now if this rally is held and becomes a protest then I will leave.  I think if you feel a need to protest the punishment it should be done in a way that will garner a response instead of one that may cause more strife.

i have also heard that this rally will not be allowed to happen.

Did you just call the kid a toilet?

26 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I can't figure out if you are 12 or that you're simply stupid. 

3 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Are you suggesting that anything not on video is untrue?

Now, #3 and #0 for LC-M threw punches, but it was in the brawl. There is video proof of that happening.

Not at all.  There were some that were questioning if the Silsbee player had ever done anything like this.  They were hollering about proof, until you confirmed it was true.  Just trying to make that point.  Not denying they threw punches.

3 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Not at all.  There were some that were questioning if the Silsbee player had ever done anything like this.  They were hollering about proof, until you confirmed it was true.  Just trying to make that point.  Not denying they threw punches.

:) #TigerNation #DistrictChampions