Was Punishment to Hard on Devin Mccain

BADSANTA

3 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Right. Like our players vowing to sit out because the one kid was being punished?

You gotta fight!!!!!

For your right!!!!!!!

To THUUUUGGGGG OUT!!!!!!

#nodevonnotigers

Throwing thug around i see....

Cardinal's gonna Cardinal

42 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

The pep rally is for supporting the team during this time. It's also about lifting a young man up after making a terrible decision.

The rally is not about making excuses.

That's weird because all of the posts I see say it's in support of McCain. Or at least that's what the kids on Silsbee's team are tweeting. 

2 minutes ago, team first said:

Ask the silsbee coach for it. It happens around 1 min left in the first quarter 

What's the issue with someone putting it on social media to view? (like the people saying Devon is a thug)

Seems to be the popular thing to do now days.

3 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

That's weird because all of the posts I see say it's in support of McCain. Or at least that's what the kids on Silsbee's team are tweeting. 

The couple of folks that started getting the rally organized, their intentions were to support the team and lift up the player.

Now I have no doubt that others will use the rally as a platform for their personal crap.

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

Devin has never taken a cheap shot it been in any type of trouble. He has always played hard and did great on grades. I agree he can't go unpunished but I agree that maybe 5 games and community service would be fair. 

Wrong.  Cheap shot a BC kid the week before with a punch to the back of the head. 

we got some real winners/whiners typing today.

strip your dang maroon and white off and look at it as just a person.  its funny how some will go against principals when it affects them directly or indirectly

PEP RALLY....really!

Are yall the same people who think its ok to loot, burn cars and buildings, and gang fight when protesting

I said this in the initial topic yesterday.  Good/Great athletes can get away with alot and have lesser consequences than others from H.S. all the way to PROs.  and usually when their playing days are done for those athletes who had a checkered past they end up in prison, dead, or broke.  IF society(parents, family, coaches, etc) would have just done their part in  teaching/correcting/disciplining  the individual when they were young.....society has become about only caring about winning a game/championship/scholarship/money instead of doing the right thing and shifting or ricocheting the blame.  There are plenty of examples out there take your pick.   

All individuals(lcm and silsbee) in this situation should have consequences.  I dont necessarily agree with individuals whom defended themselves should get punished.

2 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Silsbee fan would just be right back in saying that the video doesn't show what else happened and that the BC kid deserved it. 

Can't really talk about about another Orange kid getting punched by Silsbee in a public forum until you bring the evidence public. We understand you think Devon is a thug so share with us his background up untill the LCM game.

#hearsay

1 hour ago, Who-Knows? said:

He knew what he was doing and chose to do it anyway.  Punishment is just. he didn't let him self down he let his teammates down.

LCM knew what they were doing when they were throwing shouders into people and undercutting them while they are in the air.

BadSanta what do you care more about a state championship or a kid getting back on the right track so he can make something of himself? You seem to be into this for your own selfish reasons, you didn't get a ring so you're living vicariously through these kids. They're kids they have so much more in life to accomplish than a state championship, and you even said yourself to a WOS poster "I hope that's not the highlight of his life" when regarding his nephew's state championship rings. So I know you understand that there is a bigger picture out there. Plus let's not assume that all of a sudden a state championship is out of reach, this is still historically one of if not the best Silsbee teams to ever put on a uniform with or without Devon. If you care as much about this kid as you say you do I think that (1) You'd want him to go through a punishment that will change him for the best and make him a better person, or (2) at least spell his name correctly.

7 minutes ago, Tiger05 said:

Can't really talk about about another Orange kid getting punched by Silsbee in a public forum until you bring the evidence public. We understand you think Devon is a thug so share with us his background up untill the LCM game.

#hearsay

We normally talk about the defendant's background during the punishment phase of a trial, after the defendant has been convicted of doing something EXACTLY LIKE WHAT #3 DID TUESDAY NIGHT. 

But keep defending him and his actions. 

10 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

The couple of folks that started getting the rally organized, their intentions were to support the team and lift up the player.

Now I have no doubt that others will use the rally as a platform for their personal crap.

i have no personal crap, but i disagree with a pep rally.

Lift the player up!!!!  lets leave that to family, teammates, and coaches to do in a personal manner not a public manner.

making a spectacle of this is the wrong message.

2 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

i have no personal crap, but i disagree with a pep rally.

Lift the player up!!!!  lets leave that to family, teammates, and coaches to do in a personal manner not a public manner.

making a spectacle of this is the wrong message.

What I meant was that there will be folks who attend the rally or support the rally for the purpose of having a platform to vent their personal agendas.

14 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

will Silisbee have a rally for ever game here after, Or just for this game.....