Muenster 50 Dallardsville Big Sandy 43/Final

2 minutes ago, whsalum said:

It's been a lot of fun watching  Coach Fosters club the past several seasons. The have always handled themselves with character and class. Congrats on a fine season to both the Wildcats and there fans, who are also some of the best in Southeast Texas. 

how long has foster been at Big Sandy ? 

Congrats to the Wildcats on another fine season.  I know I am not alone in saying you have fans all across SETX and for many of us, you were by far our favorite team to watch.   Thanks for the enjoyment you gave us over the past few years.  Remember the lessons you learned from Coach Foster don't only apply on the hardwood.  

11 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Congrats to the Wildcats on another fine season.  I know I am not alone in saying you have fans all across SETX and for many of us, you were by far our favorite team to watch.   Thanks for the enjoyment you gave us over the past few years.  Remember the lessons you learned from Coach Foster don't only apply on the hardwood.  

+1

3 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

I think this game was a product of BS not being challenged since playing in the EC tourney in December.

Couldn't agree more.  Taking nothing away from Muenster, they are a solid squad for sure.  But Big Sandy played teams (and beat some of them) that are better than Muenster before district started.   But when you go a couple of months, including a pretty easy region, without being remotely challenged, it hurts when you go to battle and the shots aren't falling.  That was my biggest fear for the Wildcats.  

5 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

I think this game was a product of BS not being challenged since playing in the EC tourney in December.

Definitely. The BS team I watched all year did not show up, today. Very unfortunate.

1 hour ago, BS Wildcats said:

Pretty certain I said that too.  But it is true in both cases.  BS may not have played anyone all year that actually knows how to play defense.  Hence the problems from behind the arc.

3 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Pretty certain I said that too.  But it is true in both cases.  BS may not have played anyone all year that actually knows how to play defense.  Hence the problems from behind the arc.

Or had an off shooting day.  After all, Steph Curry was 1-10 from 3s in a loss to the Lakers last week.  And LA is awful.  

And let's be honest, 8:30 am games are not something high schoolers are used to during the season.  BUT both teams have to deal with that time slot.  From my experience, give me the team who scores more in the paint over a perimeter team in early morning matchups.  

But not to discount Muenster.  They DID play great defense and deserved the win.  But is that the best defensive team BS has played?  No.  Is that the best defensive team they've played since before Christmas?  Absolutely. 

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

Big Sandy Played La Marque before district, and correct me if I'm wrong but I think they lost by 8. I'm pretty sure La Marques defense is better than Muensters. I mean come on man.

2 hours ago, Sport01 said:

Big Sandy Played La Marque before district, and correct me if I'm wrong but I think they lost by 8. I'm pretty sure La Marques defense is better than Muensters. I mean come on man.

First of all...why do you say La Marque's defense was better?  Because they're athletic.  Here is a good indicator...who held BS to fewer points?  

And even if it is...that was over 2 months ago.  BS hasn't seen decent defense since December.