NON-DISTRICT OPPONENT 2024-25 THREAD/Post here

On 2/2/2024 at 4:00 PM, spidersal said:

Silsbee is always overrated, WOS is no where close to where they were under Hooks and Thompson, and PAM is so poorly coached(maybe why they folded the tent this past season). None of those teams will get you ready for the tough district they are in

I see they have WOS and Silsbee. I guess they will try and get LCM, Lumberton, or United for the other

and we wonder why they can’t compete!

n

"Silsbee is always overrated"... LMAOOOOOOOO

20 hours ago, thaferrett said:

West brook is rebuilding and need some wins to build confidence. They starting a Soph at QB and will be young. 

Its not like they need a ND schedule to get ready for the playoffs.

Lol, they not making the playoffs.If it was the Aldine schools of the 90’s then I would give them love. I’m actually rooting for them being it’s my Alma mater. 

2 hours ago, ladybug33 said:

I see WOS has a few new opponents they will play this year. I know where Shepherd Texas is but, what kind of football team do they have?

6 - 6 3 - 3 in District lost to franklin in the 2nd round!!

14 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

they played 12 games... they went 6-6 and they were very young

You only play 10 non district teams and you lost to Bellville in bi district. Somehow I missed a game. My mistake, i thought i was referring to WOS.

On 2/2/2024 at 6:08 PM, spidersal said:

I said that because Nederland has been horrible. Silsbee is always overrated Did you see the score between them and Bellville?  So you are correct, playing and getting beat by WOS and Silsbee was bad. This is what I have been trying to tell everyone Nederland has been terrible the years under the current staff 

They got worse as the years progressed, players quit the team due to the coaching staff, there was zero discipline, and extremely poor coaching and IMO this is why they are keeping teams in a classification below them, hoping somehow they can get a win

Are you starting to see how bad they have been?

Bellville would have beat Nederland alot worst than they beat silsbee. Bellville  would probably have taken out most teams in setx other than Port Arther and PNG. I dont see silsbee being overrated. We had skill players just lacked depth in the trenches. 

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I had someone suggest that Reyes made that schedule with the likely hood that he wasn't going to be there to have to play it.

I didn't believe it but it is an interesting way to look at it.

Im really surprised he applied for that job. I feel like the Nederland job would be hard one to compete in. You have to beat PNG and then you have 7 years to make it to a state championship and win it. 

2 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Im really surprised he applied for that job. I feel like the Nederland job would be hard one to compete in. You have to beat PNG and then you have 7 years to make it to a state championship and win it. 

Wasn't the only job he has applied to from what I am told.

Yes Bellville could have beaten Nederland worse than Silsbee. So I see LCMAlumtiger32 you are finally beginning to understand my post on how bad Nederland has been. Yes Silsbee is always overrated Have they won a state championship NO have they been to a state championship NO. Have they had some good teams YES  However the issue is that people think they are better than they are. That is why I say always overrated 

18 minutes ago, spidersal said:

Yes Bellville could have beaten Nederland worse than Silsbee. So I see LCMAlumtiger32 you are finally beginning to understand my post on how bad Nederland has been. Yes Silsbee is always overrated Have they won a state championship NO have they been to a state championship NO. Have they had some good teams YES  However the issue is that people think they are better than they are. That is why I say always overrated 

Yes, and because Nederland is playing Silsbee, Nederland will have no chance to succeed. 

54 minutes ago, spidersal said:

Your right about no state championships. I never said they were world beaters but in the setx area they are a top team.  They  would struggle against Carthage, Gilmer and PG. im sure a few others. 

1 hour ago, spidersal said:

You think you are better than you actually are, SP. 

You often unfairly run down a lot of these local coaches, as a former coach yourself, you would think you would have more respect for the profession than that.