NON-DISTRICT OPPONENT 2024-25 THREAD/Post here

I said that because Nederland has been horrible. Silsbee is always overrated Did you see the score between them and Bellville?  So you are correct, playing and getting beat by WOS and Silsbee was bad. This is what I have been trying to tell everyone Nederland has been terrible the years under the current staff 

They got worse as the years progressed, players quit the team due to the coaching staff, there was zero discipline, and extremely poor coaching and IMO this is why they are keeping teams in a classification below them, hoping somehow they can get a win

Are you starting to see how bad they have been?

2 minutes ago, spidersal said:

I said that because Nederland has been horrible. Silsbee is always overrated Did you see the score between them and Bellville?  So you are correct, playing and getting beat by WOS and Silsbee was bad. This is what I have been trying to tell everyone Nederland has been terrible the years under the current staff 

They got worse as the years progressed, players quit the team due to the coaching staff, there was zero discipline, and extremely poor coaching and IMO this is why they are keeping teams in a classification below them, hoping somehow they can get a win

Are you starting to see how bad they have been?

Yeah I live in Bellville I was front row for it… But I hear ya 

1 hour ago, spidersal said:

I have no idea who was at the meeting I do know that as usual they took the easy road ad usual. You asked what I would do to help the program, so I gave you some ideas. Obviously if you have watched the Bulldogs the past years under the staff that is there now, you would certainly know that the coaching was horrendous I see PNG went with a pretty good non district schedule other than United

So, you did not participate in the scheduling? It is usually very easy, just pick who you want to play and put them on the schedule. 

Not so fast Mr Falcon. Coaches usually have an idea, a month or so before getting their packets and of course you have to see what is available. You can rest assured that the interim AD at Nederland had already spoken to the WOS and Silsbee coach about playing each other before Feb. 1

1 hour ago, spidersal said:

Not so fast Mr Falcon. Coaches usually have an idea, a month or so before getting their packets and of course you have to see what is available. You can rest assured that the interim AD at Nederland had already spoken to the WOS and Silsbee coach about playing each other before Feb. 1

Understood. What do you think would have happened if he spoke to Pearland, Cinco Ranch or Katy? 

I do not know. If they wanted an easy win, they have agreed If they wanted an opponent to get them ready for district, they would have declined They could have possibly tried Barbers Hill, LaPorte, Galveston Ball, Texas City for better competition, but in my opinion they went the easy route with WOS and Silsbee since they have been playing each other. These are positives for WOS and Silsbee and a negative for the Bulldogs. I would imagine that their 1st opponent will possibly weaker that those 2

19 minutes ago, spidersal said:

I do not know. If they wanted an easy win, they have agreed If they wanted an opponent to get them ready for district, they would have declined They could have possibly tried Barbers Hill, LaPorte, Galveston Ball, Texas City for better competition, but in my opinion they went the easy route with WOS and Silsbee since they have been playing each other. These are positives for WOS and Silsbee and a negative for the Bulldogs. I would imagine that their 1st opponent will possibly weaker that those 2

Well, as long as they can find some coaches that know to "teach fundamentals and technique" they should be able to overcome the poor schedule. 

53 minutes ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

A little bit off topic but I saw where Gilmer will be playing Brenham this season coming up.  Looks to be a good one.

If that game is in Brenham this year I may make the 15 min drive to watch depending on where and who Bellville plays that night 

2024 SCHEDULE ORANGEFIELD BOBCATS

SCRIMMAGE 

LCM

HOME

SCRIMMAGE

SILSBEE

HOME

WEEK 1

WOODVILLE

HOME

WEEK 2

NEW WAVERLY

AWAY

WEEK 3

BRIDGE CITY

AWAY

WEEK 4

ST. LOUIS CATHOLIC    HOME

WEEK 5

HARDIN*

HOME

WEEK 6

ANAHUAC*

AWAY

WEEK 7

COLDSPRING*

HOME

WEEK 8

KIRBYVILLE*

AWAY

WEEK 9

BYE WEEK

WEEK 10

EAST CHAMBERS*

HOME

WEEK 11

BUNA*

AWAY

4 hours ago, spidersal said:

Big Ned plays UP when they schedule the Mustangs and the Tigers…not sure who you wanna see ,maybe the boudain balls or the sand sharks!!

You mentioned Bellville and Silsbee that Bellville team was good enough to beat Carthage and did beat Wimberly and Just a few points from being State Champions plus Drelon Miller was Hurt now you Could Schedule some powerhouse 3a Schools or Stay in 5a Schedule Deer park La Porte Friendswood but if they get Smoked by them then what plus it’s very hard to Scramble to get teams to play look what happened to WO-S and Vidor a few years ago I think 2 or 3 teams back out of playing Vidor and at the time before Hickman took over some teams didn’t want to play WO-S because they said they were too physical it’s very hard putting together a non district schedule unless you are willing to travel some teams take what they can get as Nederland football begins to take winning steps and grow the Competition on the schedule will get tougher just be patient my friend.

6 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

I may come to that DP BH game… I have a childhood best friend son on that team this year…

Yeah hopefully BH will be up to the challenge. This will be the 1st meeting of these 2 teams to my knowledge. Great addition to our schedule 

5 minutes ago, kenny powers said:

Probably scheduling 6As because this will be the last alignment for BH in 5A.  Might be in for a rough season though. 

Yeah we have a lot of holes to fill, but a ton of kids in the Program right now. I trust that we will rebuild and be ready for district.  With all the new homes and 2 apartment complexes planned we will be Ok. Not saying we will make North Shore our 🐝🤣 , but who does🤩. I’ve watched BH since 2A and it’s always been the same. Grow ….enter new class…struggle….grow some more….compete….top of district… then on to the next class.

9 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Yeah we have a lot of holes to fill, but a ton of kids in the Program right now. I trust that we will rebuild and be ready for district.  With all the new homes and 2 apartment complexes planned we will be Ok. Not saying we will make North Shore our 🐝🤣 , but who does🤩. I’ve watched BH since 2A and it’s always been the same. Grow ….enter new class…struggle….grow some more….compete….top of district… then on to the next class.

Do you remember the years BH went up each year? I’m just curious I knew the area grew so fast… like what year BH was 2A 3A 4A 5A1 5A2 ???

1 hour ago, kenny powers said:

Probably scheduling 6As because this will be the last alignment for BH in 5A.  Might be in for a rough season though. 

I am thinking BH will be in 5A for one more realignment. 5A-6A line is 2275, BH turned in 2092 (I think). Please correct if necessary.  BH is still 183 under if these numbers are accurate. That, and the 6A cutoff will likely continue to rise or a 7A could come.