NON-DISTRICT OPPONENT 2024-25 THREAD/Post here

Funny thing concerning Lufkin.  I watched some of the Dave Campbell live during realignment and during an interview with one of the map readers, he claimed the UIL calls schools to ask for input because a lot of programs do their own realignments.  Obviously, Lufkin wasn't consulted

7 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

Funny thing concerning Lufkin.  I watched some of the Dave Campbell live during realignment and during an interview with one of the map readers, he claimed the UIL calls schools to ask for input because a lot of programs do their own realignments.  Obviously, Lufkin wasn't consulted

+1.  I watched the YouTube video (not live) where Dave Campbell's Greg Tepper interviewed UIL Deputy Director Jamey Harrison, and Harrison stated that the UIL contacted ISDs and ADs to accommodate as many school needs and wish lists as possible.  I had the exact same thought.  No one called PN-G or Lufkin.  And, did anyone at the UIL stop and think, something about Region 2 doesn't look right?  Which one of these is not like the others?  Crazy.  But, it is what it is.  Line up and go play.  Go Indians.  

1 hour ago, spidersal said:

Can anyone give me a valid explanation as to why the Nederland Bulldogs rarely schedule tough non district opponents that will get them ready for district?

Haha what? Didn't Nederland play West Orange  Stark, Port Arthur Memorial, and Silsbee last year and the year before in non district? Who do you want them to play Katy High school, North Shore, and Atascocita? You must not be  from around here if you think that Nederland hasn't played anyone for non district. 

Silsbee is always overrated, WOS is no where close to where they were under Hooks and Thompson, and PAM is so poorly coached(maybe why they folded the tent this past season). None of those teams will get you ready for the tough district they are in

I see they have WOS and Silsbee. I guess they will try and get LCM, Lumberton, or United for the other

and we wonder why they can’t compete!

n

1 minute ago, spidersal said:

Silsbee is always overrated, WOS is no where close to where they were under Hooks and Thompson, and PAM is so poorly coached(maybe why they folded the tent this past season). None of those teams will get you ready for the tough district they are in

I see they have WOS and Silsbee. I guess they will try and get LCM, Lumberton, or United for the other

n

Out of the schools in the region who were available, which team do you wish they put on the schedule?

5 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Out of the schools in the region who were available, which team do you wish they put on the schedule?

I was about to ask the same question. I would also like to know what you would do differently with the program? Considering they went from 2-5 from last year in  district to 4-3 and made the playoffs. And not to mention scored a lot more points this year.

Yes they improved a little, however who did they beat SF, GP, Willowridge, and Dayton and their defense was atrocious  Do you people never get tired of them playing down in non district They are 5A D2 and WOS and Silsbee are 4A D2. Nederland should win those games every year Nederland is now in the district with Lake Creek. What was that score in bi-district 

The 1st thing I would do is hire assistant coaches that teach fundamentals and techniques very well. Next I would begin an offseason where players are accountable for their actions. In other words it is time for very few mistakes and very few penalties You need to love the players while maintaining a very high standard of excellence 

10 minutes ago, spidersal said:

Yes they improved a little, however who did they beat SF, GP, Willowridge, and Dayton and their defense was atrocious  Do you people never get tired of them playing down in non district They are 5A D2 and WOS and Silsbee are 4A D2. Nederland should win those games every year Nederland is now in the district with Lake Creek. What was that score in bi-district 

The 1st thing I would do is hire assistant coaches that teach fundamentals and techniques very well. Next I would begin an offseason where players are accountable for their actions. In other words it is time for very few mistakes and very few penalties You need to love the players while maintaining a very high standard of excellence 

You have made a great suggestion in that Nederland should find coaches that "teach fundamentals and technique". You should set up a meeting with the staff and share your insight. It is likely that if Nederland coaches were to "teach fundamentals and technique", they could dethrone PNG and Lake Creek. The only issue is that it will be difficult to find coaches that would know to "teach fundamentals and technique". 

Also, when you were at the meetings on Thursday, which schools were available for Nederland to schedule? The 6A schools and CS? 

I have no idea who was at the meeting I do know that as usual they took the easy road ad usual. You asked what I would do to help the program, so I gave you some ideas. Obviously if you have watched the Bulldogs the past years under the staff that is there now, you would certainly know that the coaching was horrendous I see PNG went with a pretty good non district schedule other than United

1 hour ago, spidersal said:

n

So you want them to play tougher teams? Because they couldn’t even beat WOS last year and got blown out by Silsbee… I’m just confused by you saying Silsbee is over rated but Nederland is 2-3 the last 5 games vs them.