NON-DISTRICT OPPONENT 2024-25 THREAD/Post here

2 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

No one said anything about anyone being scared. Sometimes its like you try to create an argument. Are you saying travel is the biggest reason? If you wanna be the best you have to play the best period. I'm willing to bet that when our schedule comes out we play top teams and we will have to travel for one or two games a good ways away. Funny you say no one is afraid to play Franklin but we still can't find a team to play us week 2.

I said Woodville and Diboll are clearly not afraid. Sometimes it seems like you try to create an argument. For clarification: when schools are similar in competition level and available, logistics is the greatest factor. 

11 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

I heard Franklin did not want 

Yeah after getting our new district schedule our coaches just sat waiting for someone to walk up and ask for a game which never happened. Still need a week 2 game and playing the likes of China Spring, Lorena, Celina instead

2 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Yeah after getting our new district schedule our coaches just sat waiting for someone to walk up and ask for a game which never happened. Still need a week 2 game and playing the likes of China Spring, Lorena, Celina instead

Should be downhill after those 3.

10 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

They did do that but didn't want to keep playing. Why would they

I would love to see Woodville continue to play Franklin but it looks like that probably won't happen because I think week 2 is already booked. Based on what I've seen on this thread it looks like we've pursued games with closer distance. Pretty sure if Franklin had offered a game we wouldn't have turned it down though 

10 hours ago, Setx fan said:

I would love to see Woodville continue to play Franklin but it looks like that probably won't happen because I think week 2 is already booked. Based on what I've seen on this thread it looks like we've pursued games with closer distance. Pretty sure if Franklin had offered a game we wouldn't have turned it down though 

Not if travel is an issue. I known we have had a hard time finding games this year.

On 2/2/2024 at 6:08 PM, spidersal said:

I said that because Nederland has been horrible. Silsbee is always overrated Did you see the score between them and Bellville?  So you are correct, playing and getting beat by WOS and Silsbee was bad. This is what I have been trying to tell everyone Nederland has been terrible the years under the current staff 

They got worse as the years progressed, players quit the team due to the coaching staff, there was zero discipline, and extremely poor coaching and IMO this is why they are keeping teams in a classification below them, hoping somehow they can get a win

Are you starting to see how bad they have been?

Well coached team 

• 1 month later...
On 2/9/2024 at 3:48 PM, Longhorn62 said:

Tarkington schedule

Scrimmage- Hull-Daisetta and Legacy Prep academy.

8/30- @Corrigan-Camden

9/6- Snook

9/13- @Anderson-Shiro

9/20- Hardin

9/27- @Crockett

10/11-@ Shepherd

10/18 Silsbee

10/25- @ Hampshire-Fannett

11/1- @ West Orange Stark

TBA- Jasper

lol...that pre-district cremepuff much lol.