Jeffery Breaux named OF’s New AD

Gocats90

9 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Takes advantage of the QB skills. Thoughts?

This is simple, stupid here... notnsure why its confusing, ....OF definitely would not be switching to an air raid offense because they get a good passer for the first time in history... and if he's a great passer. They probably won't be attending OF who lives in the slot t.... or doesn't matter how well he throws and goes anyway and probably plays rb....

1 minute ago, setxathlete14 said:

This is simple, stupid here... notnsure why its confusing, ....OF definitely would not be switching to an air raid offense because they get a good passer for the first time in history... and if he's a great passer. They probably won't be attending OF who lives in the slot t.... or doesn't matter how well he throws and goes anyway and probably plays rb....

New coach may not be a Slot T guy.

Seen many teams change offensive and defensive schemes with a new coaching staff.

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

Interesting thought.  Say a slot-t coach has a top flight QB.  Does he stick with the slot-t or does he morph into something that that takes advantage of the QB’s skills?    @navydawg31

He sticks with the Slot-T and puts the top flight QB in a position other than QB.  Possibly RB , lineman or cornerback

7 hours ago, Powell2020 said:

Not right now, it isn’t open yet. But from what I’ve heard is if they can bump up the pay to match LCMs pay, Peevey will apply.

He may hear them out... there may be a few suggestive circumstances but all in all.......again, i am 99.8% sure it's not happening though. Screenshot this post and take it to the bank. This is not a dart through or speculation 

23 hours ago, Reagan said:

Help me out:  How many State Titles does Carthage have before Surratt got there?

Zero.

Help me out….. where have I ever said he wasn’t a great coach?    Also, please tell me if you truly believe HJ, Liberty, Huffman, or many others have that type of talent?

They don’t, and never will.

15 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

The spreads work well with a lot of kids running 4.8’s

Didn’t you know. 

9 hours ago, Powell2020 said:

Not right now, it isn’t open yet. But from what I’ve heard is if they can bump up the pay to match LCMs pay, Peevey will apply.

One of your earlier posts yesterday said Peevey for sure applied, now you’re saying he will apply if the money is right. Which is it?

1 hour ago, MackLewis said:

Zero.

Help me out….. where have I ever said he wasn’t a great coach?    Also, please tell me if you truly believe HJ, Liberty, Huffman, or many others have that type of talent?

Some of those could have similar "home grown" talent from time to time. Carthage is now aided by a never-ending supply of "other town's best players" that move in on a yearly basis and continually elevate them above the others.

1 hour ago, MackLewis said:

Zero.

Easy — they never had the fortune of hiring a Surratt or Buchanan.  Carthage and Aledo wasn’t doing much of anything (zero State Titles) until these coaches came along.  Regarding Huffman:  I personally knew 2 of their coaches.  And you can trust me 100% when I say they were “not” Championship type coaches!!  How do you explain the downfall at Nederland?  How about the downfall at WOS?  How about the glory that’s happened to PNG.  What affected these changes, talent or coaching?  If one is being honest — I think the answer is clear!  
PS — It’s easy for coaches and their fans to explain away why some coaches stay for 22, 42 years and never make the big dance:  they just blame the talent!  Think about it, through all them years not one group of kids was talented??  Would you honestly believe that??!!  
PSS — one year Vidor had 18-20 returning starters and couldn’t do anything with it.  Is it any surprise this coached ended his career with a losing record?!

1 hour ago, BEARCPA said:

One of your earlier posts yesterday said Peevey for sure applied, now you’re saying he will apply if the money is right. Which is it?

He hasn’t applied, no one has. But Prouse and Nederland DC are for sure putting in a application, Peevey wants a pay match with LCM which is only like a $5000 raise per year

52 minutes ago, Powell2020 said:

He hasn’t applied, no one has. But Prouse and Nederland DC are for sure putting in a application, Peevey wants a pay match with LCM which is only like a $5000 raise per year

He would request more than a pay raise.... most of which other applicants won't require. Likelihood of him accepting at this time is  +/- 1% lol but he may apply to hear them out.

2 hours ago, Reagan said:

Easy — they never had the fortune of hiring a Surratt or Buchanan.  Carthage and Aledo wasn’t doing much of anything (zero State Titles) until these coaches came along.  Regarding Huffman:  I personally knew 2 of their coaches.  And you can trust me 100% when I say they were “not” Championship type coaches!!  How do you explain the downfall at Nederland?  How about the downfall at WOS?  How about the glory that’s happened to PNG.  What affected these changes, talent or coaching?  If one is being honest — I think the answer is clear!  
PS — It’s easy for coaches and their fans to explain away why some coaches stay for 22, 42 years and never make the big dance:  they just blame the talent!  Think about it, through all them years not one group of kids was talented??  Would you honestly believe that??!!  
PSS — one year Vidor had 18-20 returning starters and couldn’t do anything with it.  Is it any surprise this coached ended his career with a losing record?!

Coaching can be explained at WOS.   

Aledo is a different answer.    They’ve won with 3 different coaches.    They have coaching, talent, and community support.    A culture of winning.    Until they move up, they won’t be pushed.   Once they go 6A-D2, see if they win a title within 6 years.   Is the new coach at Aledo a big time coach, or is he coaching a big time program?  Maybe both.

Carthage always had the talent, just like Jasper has got the talent.    Surratt was the perfect fit for that community.   Surratt would not do the same thing at any of those schools mentioned….. or would have a extremely slim chance.

There are as many elite coaches that have won a state title after 7 years, than before.   Your logic is flawed and your vision is one of fantasy.

I'm more concerned with PNG losing to Oak Cliff.  Eric Peevey seems like a really nice man.  I just think some of you guys have him overrated.  Records on the decline every year at multiple stops should be concerning.  I think Orangefield should hire Chris Pachuca personally.  It will be interesting. 

1 hour ago, 72 Pinto said:

I hope Orangefield hires someone to upgrade that stadium.  I like to go to Friday night games, but the experience at PNG compared Orangefield is night and day.

You compared the experience from a state champion 5A school to a 3A team that just won their first DC last year in how long? 🤣

I do agree though they need upgrades on that whole campus.  

• Bobcat1 changed the title to Jeffery Breaux named OF’s New AD