***UIL State Championship Thread***

PhatMack19

10 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

From Matt Stepp

DeSoto-Humble Summer Creek attendance 32,346

Combined 11-man

This is the hidden content, please
attendance for the weekend 193,776 which is the lowest combined attendance since the games moved to AT&T Stadium

Fans are probably tired of the NS/DV match up…because the first year we played them in 2018 that place was PACKED! Had to be around 50k in attendance that year

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

From Matt Stepp

DeSoto-Humble Summer Creek attendance 32,346

Combined 11-man

This is the hidden content, please
attendance for the weekend 193,776 which is the lowest combined attendance since the games moved to AT&T Stadium

Same teams, to easy to watch on the tv and not get hotel room, ticket to game, pay for parking and food. Went last year and this year after not going since pre covid and was not the same. Excitement wasn’t as high.

Very high probability no team in America beats Desoto this year. Strong at all phases of the game, 2-3 deep with college quality players  with proven legit coaching staff with high drive & passion to leave no doubt their team can beat down any opponent by wide margin.      

1 hour ago, KF89 said:

Very high probability no team in America beats Desoto this year. Strong at all phases of the game, 2-3 deep with college quality players  with proven legit coaching staff with high drive & passion to leave no doubt their team can beat down any opponent by wide margin.      

Disagree…SLC almost beat them and DV would’ve beat them had they not been missing two key players. 

40 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Well you brought up would’ve’s & probability lol I guess it don’t count when I bring it up huh? 

Desoto beat your almost & would've excuse, teams  My probability is Desoto is not beat by any team in America this year, almost & would've never came from me. 

The 2 teams you said almost beat Desoto & wouldve beat Desoto did not beat them, they lost to Desoto. So your hypothetical is gone correct? I will rephrase my statement better to remove any hypo stuff, Desoto as of Saturday is one of the best high school football teams with one of the best coaching staffs in Texas & since Texas is considered the overall best football in America. Any teams in America would have a difficult time beating the 2023 Desoto squad. 

9 minutes ago, KF89 said:

The 2 teams you said almost beat Desoto & wouldve beat Desoto did not beat them, they lost to Desoto. So your hypothetical is gone correct? I will rephrase my statement better to remove any hypo stuff, Desoto as of Saturday is one of the best high school football teams with one of the best coaching staffs in Texas & since Texas is considered the overall best football in America. Any teams in America would have a difficult time beating the 2023 Desoto squad. 

Not at all…because I said had DV been at full strength they’d beat Desoto. They never played them at full strength so that hypothetical is still up in the air.

5 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

A friend of mine told in Indiana and a couple other states, if you win state two years in a row, you’re bumped up a classification. Y’all ever heard that?

I think that's a great idea to do at each realignment. But where does Duncanville move to now? And 6man D1 too?

Louisiana changed up some things to stop the domination of open districts. They spilt into select and non-select divisions. Meaning that non-select teams are home grown talent. I heard the UIL AD in an interview with DCTF say they are currently monitoring what other states have done to see how it can benefit HS FB here in Texas.

7 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I think that's a great idea to do at each realignment. But where does Duncanville move to now? And 6man D1 too?

Louisiana changed up some things to stop the domination of open districts. They spilt into select and non-select divisions. Meaning that non-select teams are home grown talent. I heard the UIL AD in an interview with DCTF say they are currently monitoring what other states have done to see how it can benefit HS FB here in Texas.

I guess you would top out at 6A D1? 😂

On 12/15/2023 at 6:07 PM, Coach_Izzy said:

For the coaching matters more than talent folks…4th & 6 Gilmer handed the ball to the best player on the field & he broke a few tackles & got the first down to win a state championship! That had zero to do with coaching, this game came down to one player being better than everyone else on the field.

Jimmy & Joes>

Sub par tackling for Bellville was a big problem for some reason in this game for us… and I see you making frequent remarks about Jimmys and joes… let me ask you this and @AggiesAreWe feel free to chime in.. but I’d be willing to bet Silsbee, Jasper, and honestly maybe even WOS had more “Jimmys and Joes” than Bellville overall this year 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, BBfan061 said:

Sub par tackling for Bellville was a big problem for some reason in this game for us… and I see you making frequent remarks about Jimmys and joes… let me ask you this and @AggiesAreWe feel free to chime in.. but I’d be willing to bet Silsbee, Jasper, and honestly maybe even WOS had more “Jimmys and Joes” than Bellville overall this year 🤷🏻‍♂️

Not where it mattered, in the trenches.

11 hours ago, KF89 said:

Save your breath.... Everyone is beneath coach izzy because he is or did coach at NS.  Dude would argue with himself in a mirror.