***UIL State Championship Thread***

PhatMack19

On 12/18/2023 at 2:00 AM, WOSdrummer99 said:

I think that's a great idea to do at each realignment. But where does Duncanville move to now? And 6man D1 too?

Louisiana changed up some things to stop the domination of open districts. They spilt into select and non-select divisions. Meaning that non-select teams are home grown talent. I heard the UIL AD in an interview with DCTF say they are currently monitoring what other states have done to see how it can benefit HS FB here in Texas.

Another thing he said was they play 8 regular season games and everyone makes playoffs. Different for sure.

2 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Another thing he said was they play 8 regular season games and everyone makes playoffs. Different for sure.

I don't like that idea. But it is part of my 7A plan. I say take the largest 64 schools in the state and make 8 districts. They can duke it out for the regular season. Then every team makes the playoffs. That allows the other 12 divisions (including officially spitting 6A) to not have as much difference between top and bottom. 

On 12/19/2023 at 8:49 AM, PhatMack19 said:

Louisiana does a Power ranking and makes the playoff bracket based on that with no geographic considerations.  Imagine all the bickering and arguing over seeding.  Also that 1st round matchup between Port Arthur and El Paso would be fun…. 😀

Is it coaches poll, or bcs style computer rankings?