PNG vs SOC State Championship Game Thread/Post updates here

Reagan

Who wins?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Port Neches-Groves
    • South Oak Cliff

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2023 at 05:00 PM

11 hours ago, Davidp0403 said:

Did anyone else see SOC defenders all wear purple gloves so they can blend in with our jerseys so they could get away with holding. Especially #2 with the purple sleeves.  They had light blue gloves last week against Emerson. But we're being called cheaters and have an asterisk because the refs gave us the title

Wearing the same color gloves is smart. 

29 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I watch the video it looked like kicker was walking back to kick the ball and they had a person close to the ball for a quick kick. I couldn't get jersey number

From were I was sitting I was watching the replay and heard the cheering and looked up in time to see PNG swarming the ball. I missed the actual kick. TY.

32 minutes ago, chief1987 said:

#84 been doing kickoffs, must’ve slipped by your stat sheet. 

I was watching the replay. Heard the cheering looked up to see the Indians going for the ball. I missed the kick. I would think that the natural reaction would be to think the kicker made the kick. I apologize to whichever kiddo made the kick. I just didnt see it.

1 hour ago, Eazy said:

I guess there isn’t any rule on that.  I would think that gloves would normally have to be school colors or black, white, or gray.  But, whatever.  

I think there should be a rule on that. It’s evidencing an intention to interfere with the referee’s administration of the game. It’s saying, “We intend to cheat and we are taking action to obstruct the referees’ ability to observe and punish our cheating.” 

Due to Daughter's wedding out of town, just got the place where I could read all these comments I am super excited about this win, my new SIL was as excited about this win as his getting married and he's a recently converted Indian fan. Congratulations to a bunch of 16 - 18 yr olds who made a whole lot of old and New Indian fans very Happy, thanks for all the hard work starting way back in biggest heat wave we' had in years.  Everybody admires hard work and heart which many of you showed us for the last few months. I know some of ya'll haven't stop smiling yet, TY, TY, TY

New excuses from SOC.  The ref that threw the flag is a Nederland grad that lives in PN and with kids in PNGisd.  I’m surprised that they let him call the game.  

Some SOC people are posting his TASO card online that includes his home address.  Is this public info?  Doesn’t seem very safe to be doxing officials and posting their personal info online.  

12 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

New excuses from SOC.  The ref that threw the flag is a Nederland grad that lives in PN and with kids in PNGisd.  I’m surprised that they let him call the game.  

Some SOC people are posting his TASO card online that includes his home address.  Is this public info?  Doesn’t seem very safe to be doxing officials and posting their personal info online.  

No way seriously? That’s crazy... Where was that officiating crew from? anyone know?