Week 14- Championship Week

PhatMack19

40 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

I get the bitterness, but he’s also ignoring the fact that strength of schedule matters, as do marquis wins.  His team has neither. When your best wins are over 3 and 4 loss teams, it works against you.  Bama could’ve scheduled Lamar instead of Texas and they would’ve had the 1-seed.  LSU could’ve gone 11-1 and be in the playoffs and the FSU win over them would’ve carried more weight.  A lot of it is situational, and this whole situation was a cluster.  But 90% of the country doesn’t want to watch FSU get blown out next week.  

On 12/1/2023 at 9:21 AM, BEARCPA said:

My plays for conference championship weekend:

Oregon/Washington Over 65

Oklahoma State/Texas Over 55

Boise State/UNLV Over 58.5

Boise State -2.5

Georgia/Alabama Over 54.5

Georgia -5.5

SMU +3.5 at Tulane

App. State +5.5 at Troy

Michigan/Iowa Over 34

Florida State -1.5 vs Louisville

Nice to be back in the black, 5-4-1

On 12/3/2023 at 12:31 PM, bullets13 said:

I get the bitterness, but he’s also ignoring the fact that strength of schedule matters, as do marquis wins.  His team has neither. When your best wins are over 3 and 4 loss teams, it works against you.  Bama could’ve scheduled Lamar instead of Texas and they would’ve had the 1-seed.  LSU could’ve gone 11-1 and be in the playoffs and the FSU win over them would’ve carried more weight.  A lot of it is situational, and this whole situation was a cluster.  But 90% of the country doesn’t want to watch FSU get blown out next week.  

Yeah against any of the other semi finals teams it would be a 20 pt loss.  This is the most entertaining two semi-finals we have had in a while.

51 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Agreed. I think a lot of the discussion will be put to rest after the FSU vs Georgia bowl game.

Yeah that could get ugly fast, but teams that just miss the playoffs seem to not care too much about a regular bowl game.   Thats why you see good teams getting upset in some of these New Years six bowls. I think we are going to see a Michigan/Washington or Bama/Washington CFP final.

21 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

Yeah that could get ugly fast, but teams that just miss the playoffs seem to not care too much about a regular bowl game.   Thats why you see good teams getting upset in some of these New Years six bowls. I think we are going to see a Michigan/Washington or Bama/Washington CFP final.

I sure wish UT and Bama would meet up in the end. What's great is I think all 4 teams have a chance at winning their respective semi game. Hopefully, Georgia won't have many players sit in the bowl game with FSU & vice versa, so no excuses to fall back on.

18 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I sure wish UT and Bama would meet up in the end. What's great is I think all 4 teams have a chance at winning their respective semi game. Hopefully, Georgia won't have many players sit in the bowl game with FSU & vice versa, so no excuses to fall back on.

I hope Georgia doesn't sit a bunch either but I wouldn't be surprised.   I'm sure they have multiple kids getting ready for the draft and they aren't going to risk that chance in a bowl game that really doesn't mean anything. I don't see UT beating Bama twice in one year since they have their QB situation fixed now and Saban getting a second crack at a team is never good.

I'm a UT fan and I believe Washington is a bad matchup for us. Washington's pass offense against our weak secondary worries me. I've said all year long a good pass offense would kick our ass. Well Washington has a great pass offense with some stud WR's! I hope I'm wrong on my thoughts though.

5 hours ago, Eagle91 said:

I'm a UT fan and I believe Washington is a bad matchup for us. Washington's pass offense against our weak secondary worries me. I've said all year long a good pass offense would kick our ass. Well Washington has a great pass offense with some stud WR's! I hope I'm wrong on my thoughts though.

I’ve had the same thoughts…hope we’re both wrong and the other side is I feel like we can score a bunch on them! Shootout !!

Can't wait to see what happens. Like I said before I wanna see Michigan vs Washington. But it's all aligned for Texas to win a Natty, and I'd be proud of em if they do it. No ill-will from me until they come to Fayetteville. 

I don't wanna see a Bama vs Texas pt2 this year. We know who's better. 

All Bama has to do is hurt the opposing team’s QB. It’s what they’re good at. A healthy Texas QB put Bama in their place in their house. No other SEC team did that. Not afraid one bit of meeting them again. I think Bama should be the one saying “Oh crap”, we have to face Texas again! Funny how people think Michigan can’t handle Bama after beating Ohio State. But hey, everyone is entitled to their opinions.

I think the matchups are great and we should see some exciting football…..edge of your seat type. Win or lose, it will be entertaining.

1 hour ago, baddog said:

All Bama has to do is hurt the opposing team’s QB. It’s what they’re good at. A healthy Texas QB put Bama in their place in their house. No other SEC team did that. Not afraid one bit of meeting them again. I think Bama should be the one saying “Oh crap”, we have to face Texas again! Funny how people think Michigan can’t handle Bama after beating Ohio State. But hey, everyone is entitled to their opinions.

I think the matchups are great and we should see some exciting football…..edge of your seat type. Win or lose, it will be entertaining.

It’s hilarious all the talk on social media is how Bama’s QB is better now, yada yada yada.  Which of course is the talking point of all casual fans.  The true football folks know Texas won because they won where most football games are won - with the big uglies   We whipped their tail in both lines of scrimmage,  I’m sure their younguns are better.  But our experienced fronts on both sides are still healthy and the best in the country.  

14 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Personally, Bama shouldn't be on the minds. Washington will be a very tough task for tu. They will definitely test that horn secondary.

But, I do think it with be a Bama/tu National title game.

I agree.  They scare me more than Bama btw.  They are also a better team.  And Bama will more than have their hands full with Michigan.  I’m not sure the final won’t be chalk. 

57 minutes ago, baddog said:

I care nothing about the “on paper” wins. It’s why they play the games. Ask Okie Lite if Texas can light up a secondary. We also have a great running game. I love the underdog role.

There was a reason tu was favored by almost 20 points. Okie Lite is not good. Washington is a much much better team. No comparison.

Besides, it's not the Washington secondary I was talking about but the tu secondary.

57 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

There was a reason tu was favored by almost 20 points. Okie Lite is not good. Washington is a much much better team. No comparison.

Besides, it's not the Washington secondary I was talking about but the tu secondary.

Well, it’s always going to be something like that with people who are not fans. I stick my neck out and pull for my team. It’s always the other team was no good, their RB was not 100%, the coach had a temperature, it was raining….whatever. I still pull for my team and no matter how bad some think the other team is, you still have to make the plays.

I knew which secondary you were referring to. I’m saying Texas can light ‘em up as good as anybody. They earned their way to the playoffs, but you will have the naysayers saying they don’t deserve it. What else is new?

1 hour ago, baddog said:

Well, it’s always going to be something like that with people who are not fans. I stick my neck out and pull for my team. It’s always the other team was no good, their RB was not 100%, the coach had a temperature, it was raining….whatever. I still pull for my team and no matter how bad some think the other team is, you still have to make the plays.

I knew which secondary you were referring to. I’m saying Texas can light ‘em up as good as anybody. They earned their way to the playoffs, but you will have the naysayers saying they don’t deserve it. What else is new?

I think tu deserved to be there. Committee got it right.

I was just talking in regards to the Bama talk already when they have a very good Washington team to face first.

Regardless of fan or not, Okie Lite is not a good team. That's just fact.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I was just talking in regards to the Bama talk already when they have a very good Washington team to face first.

For sure.  If they had made a bowl game, I would have put them against the crappiest team I could find…

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Point taken with their losses. They had some good wins too though. 

On 12/10/2023 at 7:49 AM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Can't wait to see what happens. Like I said before I wanna see Michigan vs Washington. But it's all aligned for Texas to win a Natty, and I'd be proud of em if they do it. No ill-will from me until they come to Fayetteville. 

I don't wanna see a Bama vs Texas pt2 this year. We know who's better. 

Personally, I would love to see a rematch. Lots of opportunities:

1. Alabama prove game 1 was early in the season before they got it all figured out, and they really did deserve to be in the top 4

or

2. Texas prove they are better than Bama and game 1 wasn't an anomaly.

Either way, Its' gonna be a damn dogfight if those two face off again.