PhatMack19

2 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Pick 2

FSU 13-0 ACC Champ

Alabama 12-1 SEC Champ

Texas 12-1 Big 12 Champ

Georgia 12-1

Ohio State 11-1

If this was next year it would be interesting to see the 3 of these that would have to play in round 1. You going from arguing you are a top 4 seed to facing someone the likes of the MWC champ and hoping you can keep players focused. 

2 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Pick 2

FSU 13-0 ACC Champ

Alabama 12-1 SEC Champ

Texas 12-1 Big 12 Champ

Georgia 12-1

Ohio State 11-1

Georgia and Ohio State are out since they’re not conference champs.

Next part depends on whether the committee wants the best teams right now (Bama and Texas) or the teams with the best resume (undefeated FSU and Texas with a double digit win in Tuscaloosa). 

4 minutes ago, BEARCPA said:

Georgia and Ohio State are out since they’re not conference champs.

Next part depends on whether the committee wants the best teams right now (Bama and Texas) or the teams with the best resume (undefeated FSU and Texas with a double digit win in Tuscaloosa). 

You very well may be describing how the committee does this. Who do "we" eliminate first?  

1 minute ago, BEARCPA said:

If it’s up to me I’m leaving FSU out. That offense does not belong anywhere near the playoff. 

If, yes a useless if U of L had won they could have actually made this easy on the committee. Your statement of the 2 that were not champions would have likely set up the perfect scenario to tell the public. Now, they have to explain away the perfect record of FSU if that is in fact the team left out with the University of California at Austin and Alabama being the final 2. 

8 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

The team that Texas beat today to win the Big 12 lost to UCF by 42 points and South Alabama by 26.  How much weight is that conference title since they didn’t have to play Oklahoma?  How bad was that conference?

Big 12 is definitely better than the ACC. The same ACC that won 6 of 10 games against the SEC this season. Maybe every team and conference is bad. 

4 minutes ago, BEARCPA said:

Big 12 is definitely better than the ACC. The same ACC that won 6 of 10 games against the SEC this season. Maybe every team and conference is bad. 

Forget the conference comparisons for a moment.  The fact that 2 conferences with so much overlapping and close proximity only plays 10 games against each other with a combined 28 schools is just sad. 

43 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

The team that Texas beat today to win the Big 12 lost to UCF by 42 points and South Alabama by 26.  How much weight is that conference title since they didn’t have to play Oklahoma?  How bad was that conference?

It’s a valid point.  Thank god they have the win over Bama.  As a counter point, the second best team in the ACC just lost a game facing a 3rd string qb who went 8/21 for 55 yards.  Louisville lost that game as much as FSU won it.  How bad was THAT conference? 

19 minutes ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

Good FCS game in the final 8 minutes on the duece. 6 of 7 (#6 Montana State lost to traditional powerhouse North Dakota State in overtime) top 8 seeds have won today with the number 4 seed playing in the present game. 

Free football

5 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

It’s a valid point.  Thank god they have the win over Bama.  As a counter point, the second best team in the ACC just lost a game facing a 3rd string qb who went 8/21 for 55 yards.  Louisville lost that game as much as FSU won it.  How bad was THAT conference? 

Louisville lost last week to a team that went 3-5 in the SEC. I agree with what you said on a later post, except there are 7 deserving teams.  

2 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Diehard Texas fan here.  There are 6 deserving teams.  Two are locked in, and two are getting screwed.  If Texas gets in, someone got screwed for them to get there.  If they don’t, they got screwed for someone else to get there.  This is an absolute cluster.  

I’m just glad Texas beat Bama in Tuscaloosa. If that had been a win against A&M or LSU on Sept. 9 then Texas isn’t being considered for the playoff at all right now. 

Will they choose the four best ... or most deserving? "It is best," CFP executive director Bill Hancock said on Tuesday. "Most deserving is not anything in the committee's lexicon. They are to rank the best teams in order, and that's what they do. Just keep that word in mind, best teams."

based on this statement (which we all know the committee plays by no rules and does whatever the heck they want), FSU is out.  But also based on that statement, Georgia should probably be in.  I can see them using this standard to leave FSU out, but not to put Georgia in.  only one SEC team makes it, and Bama won the SEC by beating Georgia.  You can’t put Georgia in after Bama just beat them, but I don’t see them leaving the best conference out of the playoffs when they have two 1-loss teams with those losses being to two teams in the playoff discussion.  

11 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Louisville lost last week to a team that went 3-5 in the SEC. I agree with what you said on a later post, except there are 7 deserving teams.  

Texas has the Bama win, Bama has the Georgia win.  FSU is undefeated, and Georgia’s loss was to Bama by 3 after an undefeated season in the SEC.  OSU needed the Michigan win, and didn’t get it (Michigan was in the same boat, but got their marquis win). I do think they’re good enough to deserve to be in a playoff, but i don’t agree that they’ve had the season to be grouped with the 4 teams fighting for the final 2 spots.  We got the playoff cluster we needed 10 years ago the year before they’re finally doing the right thing and expanding.